PDA

View Full Version : After saying that was the last time ! Why did I do it again ?

Teresa
12-02-2014, 06:05 AM
Many members join the forum hoping to stay discreet to try and find answers to their problems! Maybe firmly in the closet and no way they are going to post any form of picture to give their identity away, I was amongst those fearing the worse that could happen. I did anguish over my avatar and thought I would keep it on for a day or so and then panic and remove it but the members were so supportive, so there it stayed !
I then nervously put together a selection of pics of shoes I'd bought and again members were very supportive and I gained confidence in the possibility being out and actually passing . I would like to apologise to the members I PMed asking them to comment, it wasn't fair to put them in that situation, no one is going to tell another CDer they look crap !!
I said that was it, I've submitted pictures , I felt a real member of the community and amongst friends so why did I do it again ??
I've attached one picture that I like but I'm not asking if I pass ! I have to accept I'm sixty three years old and that's as good as it gets ! I'm not resorting to extra padding apart from a bra filler, I haven't gone for expensive makeovers, if I choose to go into the World that's what the World will get ! OK perhaps more appropriately dressed ! I have driven out looking like that at night and had to stop at a pedestrian crossing for people to cross, so they passed within a few feet of me, looked at me and waved in thanks !
So why have I posted this, I know I'm not where I want to be yet and may never be ! I just hope that others that feel they can't do it may be encouraged to put a toe in the water ! I enjoyed the photo session and the sharing of them with other members otherwise I wouldn't have done them at all ! It did give me the lift I needed , will I do it again, who knows ?

MsVal
12-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Relax dear, you're among friends. You've done nothing so egregious that an apology is needed.

A persistent theme on this forum is to discover yourself so that you can be yourself, at least here, among those who understand.

This is the safe harbor for those who are not able or not willing to make a disclosure, and a comfortable place among friends for the others. For many, this is the only place where they can relax and be themselves, even if only vicariously.

Why did you do it, you ask? The answer is obvious to me. You are a crossdresser who is proud of this look, and wanted to show it to a sympathetic community. The comments you received were entirely complementary and encouraging

Teresa, you have an enviable amount of photographic skill, refined over decades of practice. Thank you for sharing your evamples. This one in particular sets a high standard for others to reach, and many will try.

I won't be so bold to ask that you post a series of tips for the posing and photographing of crossdressers ... but I am bold enough to suggest it.

Best wishes
MsVal

Kate Simmons
12-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Well, I think you look good my friend, really! :battingeyelashes::)

Lynn Marie
12-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Yes Teresa, your picture looks terrific. You have a very open, innocent look.

Passing is an art form that causes it's practitioners to fly low, under the radar thus avoiding a real life interaction with the world we live in. Making an effort, but always being cognizant of failing to pass forces those like me to get involved and have fun living the truth of who I really am. I have no other choice.

Sarina Curtis
12-02-2014, 08:26 AM
You look great and why not post pics for others to see? I think it's great that you have the confidence to share them here where there is an appreciative audience. I hope I can get to a place where I am daring enough to take a walk outside or do a photo shoot with my wife and it reassures me to know that it can happen. Besides, we all like to hear that we look good and find ways to look better, so keep on posting please!

Jaylyn
12-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Thanks Teresa you put into words how many of us still unsure about the pictures feel. I have a whole flash drive filled with Jaylyn pictures that probably will follow me to the grave that only my wife and I have seen. I'm still very discreet in what I want out there. Really not sure still how far I want to go with all the dressing. I know I love it, but at the same time know I need to keep it to myself as it might hurt those who look to me as the leader of my family. I did what you did showed my face only once on here and unlike you I took it off in a few days. Maybe one day I will get the nerve to go all out but am still scared by all the talk that once something is out on the web it's there forever. That scares a lot of us. I do appreciate this forum though as I know we are all in the same boat, and same place but still it's hard to trust every one. I love what you write. It seems you have wisdom in your words thank you for contributing.

AngieStone
12-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Teresa your post came at the right time for me. I did something this morning that I have never done before and thought I might never, but like you with the support of everyone here you learn that you can stick a toe in the water and build a little confidence. As we all know you have to start out little and work your way up. It gives me a feeling that someday I might be able to go out fully dressed and walk with my head up and enjoy this side of me. Seeing that big smile on your face tells me that I should be able to do it as well. Thank you for the wonderful posts you do. By the way if I look as good in a dress as you do at 63 I will be a very happy girl.

Anna H
12-02-2014, 10:15 AM
i think you look Great and clearly Very happy! :)

i keep trying with pictures, but i get scared very easily.
don't know why, but i do. i hope to try again before
long...lol!

:)

Amy Fakley
12-02-2014, 10:35 AM
You look great, Theresa!
I don't know why I post pics either. It seems a very silly, and perhaps vein pursuit. But it feels so good to do it. Perhaps because we so rarely get the sort of validation that comes from dressing well and going out into the world as if it were a completely normal thing to do ... sort of like painting a picture and then hiding it. It feels good to share it.

Isabella Ross
12-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Theresa: you look amazing! Green light for photos!

Amy Lynn3
12-02-2014, 11:32 AM
I'm the same as you, as right now I have my avatar down. I stopped counting the " This is my last time" after a million or so. I have done that all my life, but I know we are all friends. It is just another struggle we crossdressers have.:hugs:

Vikky
12-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Hi Teresa

You look great in the photo, but I understand your feelings about putting images up in public, even if it in such a supportive group as we have here.

So far I am not brave enough to ‘go public’ and post some pics, who knows maybe soon. A word of warning – don’t walk the dog in that skirt, you'll get a chill in the whatsits.

Vikky

Julie Denier
12-02-2014, 12:00 PM
You look great, Theresa!
I don't know why I post pics either. It seems a very silly, and perhaps vein pursuit. But it feels so good to do it. Perhaps because we so rarely get the sort of validation that comes from dressing well and going out into the world as if it were a completely normal thing to do ... sort of like painting a picture and then hiding it. It feels good to share it.

These are pretty much my thoughts ... I post pics here because this forum is really the only place I can share Julie with anyone.

And you do look great ;)

Beverley Sims
12-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Teresa,
Like me you are looking for the holy grail.
Sometimes out of despair you exlaim "That's all folks" then like BUGS bunny you come back.
Curiosity killed the rabbit too. :)

Teresa
12-02-2014, 05:50 PM
It looks like Teresa owes you all a drink for your kind replies ! I hope a few more avatars appear to see who we're talking to , but no pressure I may still pay the price for being so open ! I guess losing the shame and guilt by being a member of the forum has let me accept Teresa as a real person, she's a part of me and is entitled to some rights !

RADER
12-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Teresa:
You look great, and I am also in the over 60 club myself.
I have not posted a picture for the simple reason that I have tried,
but unable to up load a picture of myself.
But you are among friends, keep pitching, your doing great.
Rader

vixenvicki
12-02-2014, 06:40 PM
You look great, Theresa!

I agree with Amy completely. It's sort of a gateway to sharing one's femme self without requiring the additional courage required to actually venture out of the house. It becomes something we do repeatedly because we enjoy the compliments and extra feeling of closeness that comes every time we share ourselves a bit more to an accepting audience; especially, when some or more share back.

Yeah, I've gone all philosophical!

justmetoo
12-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Like people said, you look good and happy. That's great. Yep, we share photos because that's one of the few ways we have to share ourselves in this medium (and for many, in any medium or venue). I only wish you could share some of your many years of photo expertise!