PDA

View Full Version : how many use body wash

ronda
01-27-2006, 05:23 AM
how many of you use body wash in the shower? iuse olay body wash and in shower lotion by olay and oil of olay on my face. keeps my skin feeling soft and smells good to:D

TaraB
01-27-2006, 05:30 AM
body wash with Loufa is essential stuff for everyone. It helps exfoliate the skin and gets rid of that dead skin.

those of you who don't because of somekind of fear should not worry. Its common knowledge that this is better for skin care and is widely accepted as something done by even the most masculine of men.

i usually use Herbal essence or dial and go by smell. I did however find this one kind that was real cheap and was cocanut and i LOVE it!

Jonien
01-27-2006, 05:35 AM
I use Dove triple moisturizing body wash
it's good for shaving too

Jasmine Ellis
01-27-2006, 05:41 AM
I use Olay every day

Toni CD
01-27-2006, 05:48 AM
i like to use suvae passion flower, smells great. also caress with exfoliating beads. love the softnes of my skin. there was a old commerical where even rosie grear the football player used body wash :)

TaraB
01-27-2006, 06:07 AM
oh my...i can't believe i forgot my favorite body wash of all..

before i dress....i do Caress!

Steph53
01-27-2006, 06:50 AM
I've been using the dove moisturizing body wash for years now with with a scrunchy/puffy thingy with the string on it for hanging it up.I also use the body was at the gym. Don't think the scrunchy/puffy would go over well there though!

TaraB
01-27-2006, 06:57 AM
hehe Steph!

its called a Loufa!! ...and as far as i know Loufa is used by men and women. If anyone ever questions ya.....just mention the fact that it exfoliates the skin and gets rid of all that dead skin that builds up and is sooooo bad for your skin. Contrary to popular belief most women like a man that knows how to take care of his skin/feet/nails/nose hair!/etc.

Most guys(manly guys) i know that have mentioned so use the Loufa and usually have come to doing so with the help of a girlfriend.

GypsyKaren
01-27-2006, 07:18 AM
I use White Rain body wash, with a foo-foo sponge.

GypsyKaren

Veronica E. Scott
01-27-2006, 07:49 AM
I use a body srub and a bodywash but not at the same time,makes my skin feel so soft and smooth love the smell.

Miriannah
01-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Is there any way to clean yourself other than using bodywash? :cheeky: I use St Ives enegizing citris as my bodywash of choice, as it goes nicely with my herbal essences (the fruity-smelling orange stuff!) shampoo/conditioner. I dunno, I have a thing for fruity smelling stuff I guess.

Stephanie Brooks
01-27-2006, 10:18 AM
how many of you use body wash in the shower? iuse olay body wash and in shower lotion by olay and oil of olay on my face. keeps my skin feeling soft and smells good to:D
Shower? Wash? What's that? Brb...

Oh one of those! I sorta took a shower a few years ago, though I didn't actually get under the water. I'm a natural girl! :thumbsup:

cyle_elise
01-27-2006, 10:24 AM
my mom threw out the bar soap when i was in my teens and told my dad and I, "TS." (oh, different ts then here, lol)

i never saw any reason to switch back, its a lot less messy and bar soap burns depending on where you put it :-x

MsEva
01-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Well with two other women in the house there is always some body wash in the showers. I use it occasionally, usually some sort of Fresia wash from Bath and Body. I prefer to use a bar of Dove Green Tea Essance soap. Does a wonderful job of removing makeup and smells very nice.:o

Tiffy
01-27-2006, 12:27 PM
We use a Dove body wash with microbeads.

kisses, April Marie

Amanduhrob
01-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Caress with micro beads here;)

pattied
01-27-2006, 12:52 PM

I have used body wash for years...

At the end of my showers I use Oil of Olay body lotion (which you are supposed to rub in, then rinse). I have also been using a sea salt body scrub for areas that tend to get a lot of ingrown hairs. This really seems to reduce the number of ingrowns I have. After the shower, it's lotion, then a face moisturizer.

Denise01
01-27-2006, 01:22 PM
I use Olay body wash or Olay soap all the time,

Have tried others, and Olay works best for me.

Denise

Foxy Lady
01-27-2006, 02:12 PM
I use suave body wash and a natural sponge.

Lindahexi
01-27-2006, 02:28 PM
I use Imperial Leather 'Foamburst', comes in about six different fragrances and leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth. When our son was over from the USA he used it, and now we have to send him regular supplies because he can't get it over there.

Laurie Ann
01-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Several different types from bath and body works. I love the way my skin feels so soft after a shower and especially after I have just shaved my body.

Katrina
01-27-2006, 03:33 PM
My ex-wife got me using body wash several years ago. I have been using suave or old-spice when I'm in drab mode.

Darlene Rochelle
01-27-2006, 03:47 PM
I use Wal-Mart's knock off version of Caress or Olay,works as well for less $$$. There Equate brands on health and beauty products are decent quality.

Darlene Rochelle
01-27-2006, 03:48 PM
I use Wal-Mart's knock off version of Caress or Olay,works as well for less $$$. There Equate brands on health and beauty products are decent quality.:)

Phyliss
01-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Until about ten years ago it was plain ole Ivory Soap. 99 44/100% pure. Worked fine, got me clean, where's the problem? We ran out one day and I had to use that "female" stuff in THAT bottle. Was I ever surprised at how good it felt. Never looked back still use it. I pick up what ever is cheap at the local Big Box Shopping Club.

I also use one of those "fluffy thingys"

Sweet Susan
01-27-2006, 04:01 PM
I have been using soap marketed specifically for women for about ten years, now. It is generally much easier on the skin and it smells great. I don't have a favorite, but I am currently using something from Bath and Body Works scented with vanilla and something else. It's a wonderful fragrance. I am partial to vanilla, anyway.

Kristina Marie
01-27-2006, 04:38 PM
I always use a fem body wash. I love anything olay and bath and body.

Jodi
01-27-2006, 08:49 PM
I use Bath & Body Works cucumber melon wash & lotion daily and have done so for years

jodi

Stephanie Brooks
01-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Okay, I actually use Olay bar soap. I've been using it for about a year. I'd been using Ivory bar soap, but I was having skin problems. A dermatologist suggested that while Ivory is good, it will dry the skin. She recommended either Olay or Dove, and thought I'd probably prefer Olay; she said Dove get "soft" quickly.

rachel_jean
01-27-2006, 10:47 PM
I use a store brand body wash quite often also.

It works really well when I'm giving my legs a quick shave while showering.

Denise_Z
01-28-2006, 02:29 AM
I use Bath & Body Works Moonlight Path in both shower gel and body lotion.

JuliaCD
01-28-2006, 03:32 PM
I use the generic Rite-Aid store brand body wash. Works great for me and no heavy fragrance. (Strong fragrances make my skin break out.:( ) I use it for shaving my body too. Like it a lot, and it's inexpensive.

Felicity
01-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Well, I haven’t used soap for years. If I’m out of body wash, I resort to shampoo! I use the products from: http://www.set-n-me-free.com/. I have become a firm believer in the products quality. I tried varies body washes and the likes, but their body wash has a notable refreshing and smooth feel after using. I haven’t used anything else after discovering them. Besides, for me, it’s a ‘buy local’ benifit too. Their body wash is 57% Aloe, their shampoo is 60%. I like the smell of Aloe rather than something perfumed. Aloe is also a smell accepted for either gender!

What is different about Set-N Me Free products is they use a high % of unheated natural Aloe, and their products are not diluted with water. They stay away from many common cosmetic ingredients that leave films on the shin, or clog pores. When natural Aloe is used in these concentrations, the natural enzymes are very beneficial. The beneficial enzymes are killed if pasteurized Aloe is used!

I suggest looking through the site links. Here are a few descriptions from their site of some products they have:

ALOE COMFREY GEL. 98% aloe vera coupled with vitamins A and E, this light gel is the most concentrated aloe vera available. It’s remarkable for relieving itch, burns, pimples, insect bites, canker sores, cuts and scrapes. Use as a shaving gel and after waxing to prevent ingrown hairs. Try on your toothbrush for “extra clean” gums and teeth.

ALOE BODY WASH. “Clean” has a new meaning. The aloe enzymes slough away dead surface cells while retaining and restoring moisture. Daily use will deep clean and open pores, eliminating clogged pore bumps. The body can then excrete toxins and natural oils to keep the skin healthy.

ALOE MIST. “Enzyme active” aloe vera, misted over the body after bathing, restores vitality, elasticity and firmness to the tissues. Aloe will calm and normalize the skin so mist whenever you need a moisture boost. Hot temperatures and dry weather demand frequent rehydration.

SURETAN MOISTURIZING ALOE. 75% aloe penetrates this nourishing mixture of moisturizing botanicals, antioxidants and skin protectants for quick absorption without clogging pores. This rich lotion can be used after bath and swimming. For hands, face and body.

HAIR AND SCALP CONDITIONER. This is an intensive hair and scalp treatment infused with rich protein conditioners and keratin botanicals. Daily use bonds the nutrients to the hair for strengthening. After rinsing shampoo from hair, apply a small portion of conditioner to the full length of the hair and massage it into the scalp. Do not rinse - style as usual.

ALOE-JOJOBA SHAMPOO. This daily-use shampoo gently cleans and removes buildup caused by styling aids without stripping away vital moisture. It is safe for chemically treated hair. Aloe vera penetrates to bathe each strand of hair with conditioning amino acids. Legend tells that jojoba has long been used by desert Indians for keeping a full head of healthy hair.

Ms Alison Janes
01-29-2006, 03:48 AM
I use Sanex body wash in the shower with one of those nylon scrunchy things but I use Dove on my face.

Tina Dixon
01-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Body wash and what ever my SO gets is fine, I just feel I get a lot cleaner with it than bar stuff.

Adrianne
01-29-2006, 08:33 AM
Body wash all the time for me.

Shannah
01-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Being that there are 2 GGs in the house, the shower is always stocked with bath and body works. Tutti Dolci Sugar Waffer is to die for. The Warm Vanilla Sugar and Cucumber Melon smell wonderful, too.

DonnaT
01-29-2006, 12:12 PM
I use Softsoap Natural's "Milk and Honey" body wash.

Staci
01-29-2006, 03:35 PM
I use Bath and Body Peony body wash. I also have their Peony lotion and body spray. I love the smell and the light pink color.

joanlynn28
01-29-2006, 11:34 PM
I myself use Dove moisterizing body wash and a loufa . Been doing it for years. Regular soap is just to harsh on the skin.

Fallen Angel
01-30-2006, 12:01 AM
If its in the house i'l use it why not xxxxx

Billie Jean
02-05-2006, 02:41 AM
I use Suave Naturals body wash. Ilike several of the scents, like the coconut, the vanilla, or the cocoa. They mosturize the skin and leave you smelling wonderfully delicious. The last girl I was with told me she liked my soft skin and that it was a nice change from the rough rednecks she had been with before. I know what she means, I don't think I would like to have rough skin rubbing up against mine ethier. Billie Jean;)

rexy
02-05-2006, 11:16 AM
oh my...i can't believe i forgot my favorite body wash of all..

before i dress....i do Caress!

ME TOO LOVE CARESS!!!!!!!!!!:angel: :angel:

susancheerleader
02-05-2006, 01:31 PM
I tried using body wash once. I also tried a moisterizer too.
I have sencitive skin and in BOTH cases had a nasty reaction to them.
I am STILL recouping from using a mosterizer on my (then) shaved legs over a month ago.