PDA

View Full Version : Stretch Marks

KatieKaboodle
01-27-2006, 07:57 AM
So I have these friggin' stretch marks covering my hips and part of my chest, what with all the development and all. I've tried using a collagen-based lotion, and it hasn't seemed to help. I think I'm just going to end up learning to live with them. *sigh* :rant:

How many other people on here have the same issue, trans or not?

Katie

Tamara Croft
01-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Sorry to say, but once you get them, they don't go away. They do fade over time to a silvery colour, but they don't completely fade away. You can have laser treatment, but again, that's not full proof and isn't guaranteed to work. So, I think you will just have to live with them ;)

Nyx
01-27-2006, 11:33 AM
My weight varies very rapidly (+- 3 lbs a week sometimes), and I often have stretch marks. They do go away in about a week's time for me.

KatieKaboodle
01-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Tamara, that's what my GG girlfriend says. Most of the women on either side of my family are fairly curvy, so I'm thinking this crud is just starting. <sarcasm> Oh, fun! </sarcasm>

It's kinda a double-edged sword in a way; I'm getting the visual I want, but I could rather do without the scarring from these things. *sigh*

What I found funny is the reaction from a lot of GG's: "Well, you asked for it." Gee, thanks, but that doesn't really help matters any. Although the ability to blend in is a definite positive.

Nyx, I wish I was lucky enough to have mine go away. But as both my girlfriend and Tamara say (paraphrasing, of course), "You got 'em and they're there."

Katie

Maria D
01-27-2006, 07:02 PM
I've had stretch marks all my life, mainly since puberty when my weight changed I think. Everyone has 'em to some extent, so I wouldn't worry to much.

Take care
xxx

ambernoel
01-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Try going to a homeopathic store and getting vitamin e creams. It helped on my scars I don't see why it wouldn't work with strech marks.

lydia7
01-28-2006, 08:55 AM
If anyone has a proven remedy...PLEASE let me know!

miyako
02-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Yeah I would love a remedy. I gotz them things on both of my Bootie cheeks and right above mi bootie. Kinda sucks being at that spot. Oh well. MAKEUP dernit.

Miyako M