PDA

View Full Version : Dating: As a Cross-dresser (Protective Thread)...please add!

Mia Brankovic
12-06-2014, 05:48 AM
TO ALL MY FRIENDS (now...and later)...please read and take heed (no, no poetry here – lol)

I have noticed, from those that I have meet, that the SOFTER, feminine emotions run rather freely within this community...and I thank you ALL, for all that you ALL, have done to help me 'understand' my new reality...(yes, you may have to read that a few times? Lol)

Maybe I should have posted this in the Writers Section?

And now onto a serious matter: Dating as a CD...and your protection...some advice (please add)
1. Police check: Probably most of you do, or have, volunteered...everybody now requires police checks to become a volunteer (Canada)...any possible significant other should be in-line with the trait of 'Selfless Giving'. They would have a Police Check.
2. Stay in contact with a friend (have 'code words'). Text a friend while dating...every hour (or whatever...text an “A” for good and an “X” for 'in trouble.
3. Inform somebody (even a friend on this site) of all the details (later) of the person you plan on meeting
4. DETAILS:
name
address
telephone number
licence
please feel free to add to this list......
and I would have absolutely NO problem asking for all this information prior to even discussing where we would be going.

Thank you,
Mia

Katey888
12-06-2014, 06:10 AM
Hi Mia,

All very good advice for anyone thinking of dating... :)

We do have a sticky thread with similar advice (here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?93981-Guidelines-For-Meeting-Others) that emphasises these safeguards. It's mostly common sense, but for those that do read the media section there are often some bad stories of trans* folk that are in the wrong place at the wrong time and end up being a victim.

I don't know about police checks though... we have a similar process in the UK for volunteers but one is only allowed to apply for your own information to a basic level of disclosure... seems kind of strange to be turning up to a first date with a certificate to prove that you have no convictions etc... and some folks (especially dodgy ones..) may try to forge the documents as most people wouldn't know a real one from a fake...

It is a funny old world when the innocent are required to pay their own government 25 sovs just to prove that they have no criminal record... :facepalm:

Maybe I'll just stick to marriage.... ;)

Katey x

Mia Brankovic
12-06-2014, 06:26 AM
I have checked the link...ALL good advice...can we leave this post up for a little while...to advertise that link?

Mia

Oh, in Ontario (Canada)...criminal record checks are free if they are for volunteer purposes.

Maria 60
12-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Well I don't plan on doing any dating but never say never. I know it would be very exciting to think to go on a date as Maria. But I think I would apply the same rules I tell my kids! I believe using common sense you would be OK. Thanks for the reminder because sometimes talking on this site and having everyone here with something in common I could see it very easy to let down our guard a bit.

ophelia
12-07-2014, 09:04 AM
It is a central dream to date as Ophelia, but to date a GG only. I am part of that majority of heterosexual crossdressers.
It is a difficult thing so far to find a discreet and fun female date.