PDA

View Full Version : boot questions

cyle_elise
01-27-2006, 10:26 AM
sorry if this is in the wrong spot, maybe you guys can help.
I bought some boots, admittedly very cheap, and id assume that's where my problem comes in. I swear my feet arent that different but one side fits great, the other side is about the most painful it can be. Is there an easy way to stretch it out so it's more comfortable without subjecting myself to wearing them just yet :p

thanks for any advice ;)

sub_servient1
01-27-2006, 10:28 AM
You can buy a boot stretcher, but they're not cheap.
Denise

cyle_elise
01-27-2006, 10:33 AM
had that feeling. lemme rephrase.

is there a cheap alternative to a boot stretcher :)

Julia Cross
01-27-2006, 10:34 AM
you can stretch leather boots, but if they were cheap, I would imagine they are vinyl which will not stretch the way leather does, it will expand, weaken and tear.

Julia

jenny_cheerleader
01-27-2006, 12:33 PM
it does say add two womesn sizes, to yours but i always add 3 just to be safe so that it does not hurt

Julie York
01-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Maybe they were cheap because they are both left feet!!:D

Paula Rae
01-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Your right Julie,
I have the other pair and they are both right feet! :bs:

TaraB
01-27-2006, 02:23 PM
i am a shoe fanatic and boots are my favorite obsession.

i want to stress this to anyone buying boots....spend more on boots. Boots can be very uncomfortable if cheaply made...and yes i've bought boots at Payless shoes that...while they looked cute they always end up terribly uncomfortable. I've also went out and spent $60+ on the higher end boots and let me tell you...its well worth it and after doing so you'll never buy a pair of cheap boots again let alone wear the ones you have.

Cheap boots also have that look of being cheap as well as them not griping your ankles and calfs well. I always cringe when i see a girl wearing boots that dont fit her legs right because it sticks out so much.

Jodi
01-27-2006, 08:57 PM
Few humans have two feet exactly the same size. My left foot is slightly larger than my right. In fitting shoes or boots, I go for the fit on my left (the larger foot) then use foot pads or heel grips to fit the right foot.

I agree that the cheaper the shoe or boot, the worse the fit and comfort. I've learned over the years to save the money and buy one really good pair rather than three or four cheap pairs. Also, did you try the boots on before buying? The only sure way to ensure good fit is to try them on in the store before buying.

Jodi

Angela Burke
01-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Have you checked to see you've removed all the cardboard inserts?

mskilmer
01-27-2006, 09:58 PM
There's some really cheap "shoe stretch" stuff you can buy. I think it's mostly alcohol ... not sure ... but it helped me with some boots I had that were too tight. They sell it at dry cleanerts and at shoe repair places. Might be worth a try. Only costs a couple bucks.