PDA

View Full Version : In costume

Kate Simmons
12-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Now that I'm in touch with my feelings and have a GF who is okay with what I do with regard to CDing, I had to consider just what is my outlook on my CDing these days. After balancing my feelings I'm finally comfortable with myself as a man. I seemed to be with my family when my kids were growing up but that was more of a "act". Now it's really a big part of who I am and I have to admit that my CDing "self" is becoming more of an act or "nice to have". I've always liked comics heroes and one of my favorites was DC's Black Canary who was a raven haired florist by profession but by donning tights and a long blonde wig was also secretly a crime fighter.I pattern my femme self after her mostly. These days for myself it's more of a female "character" I create when I dress than anything else and I kind of feel like an actor "in costume" and the presentation is only a part of the real me.I love to dance and perform en femme but when it's all over am just as glad to go back enjoying being my guy "self" as I have a good woman who appreciates me for me. Took me a while to get here though. Life really is mellow in the older years for myself and I don't regret any of it but make it work for me.Nice place to be really. ;):battingeyelashes::)

gender_blender
12-08-2014, 10:20 AM
All the world's a stage... :)

SherriePall
12-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Still looking for the role I should play in his overall life.

mechamoose
12-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Perhaps you should think of it like the difference between how you present and who you are.

The superhero costume is a transformative item, it hides your identity and projects a specific thing. It allows you to feel that people see THAT rather than the you inside it.

I feel the most comfortable and the most myself when dressed and adorned in girl stuff. I love my male body, I'm lucky enough to be in a nice one. But, I don't feel 'at home' dressing in that mode. Give me a skirt, nail polish and pretty shoes any day.

A costume implies that it is a disguise. For most of us here, I don't think a disguise in enough. We want that identity.

Be YOU honey. Sure, some things may get disrupted, but isn't it better to be yourself than some fiction?

<3

- MM

Beverley Sims
12-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Every body seems to be arriving somewhere either off stage or on.
Me I am just waiting to get to Oslo.

Teresa
12-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Kate,
When in costume what crimes do you fight ?

Bev,
When you get to Oslo you must see the Vieglend Gardens if they're open ( Sorry I may not have spelt that right !) . Please post a pic if you do !!

kimdl93
12-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Whatever works for you, that's what and who you should be.

I don't feel I'm in a costume or a role. That being said, I can a mange presenting as a male when circumstances demand, so to that extent I suppose the male presentation is a character. In contrast, despite all the modifications necessary, I feel most myself when I'm presenting as a woman.

docrobbysherry
12-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Apparently, we r more alike than I realized, Kate? For years I waited for my fem side to show herself. Only to find that while I think it would be nice to be a female? I'm NOT one. So, rather than portray one character, I'd rather become all the females I see and admire. And, even those I only imagine.:daydreaming:

To quote Mechamoose, "Be YOU honey. Sure, some things may get disrupted, but isn't it better to be yourself than some fiction?"

Moose, what if your fem side turns out to BE fiction? I say, run with that, dear!

CarlaWestin
12-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Housekeeper, maid, sissy and now, cheerleader. Ah! The fem costumes. What a lot of scandalous fun for a confirmed male.

Alice Torn
12-08-2014, 10:21 PM
We each have a bit different reality, for sure. I feel like i am wearing a man costume most of the time, and a lady costume occasionally, a male, but with a male and female spirit.