PDA

View Full Version : credit card

Michelle8
12-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Have any of you ladies ever got your female name put on your credit card?
Was it difficult to do? Did the banks ask a lot of Questions? I've always
wanted to do that.

anna36b
12-08-2014, 03:00 PM
I did it with my Victoria's Secret Angels card. I simply called to request a second card for a "family member". I had my fem name Anna added with my last name. Its so great seeing my fem named attached to my real last name. I have used it in Victoria's Secret a few times and its been great. The girls there acted fine with it. I had one girl ask me if I was living full time as my fem name was on the card. I said not yet...but maybe soon. She smiled and encouraged me to do that. Said I made a good looking girl and then she smiled more and said I would do well with dating guys....little does she know...been there and done that (pun intended :)) ).

amberporteraro
12-08-2014, 04:36 PM
I have never taken out a card with my female name on it but like many, love the idea of it.

One concern for me is that identity theft is rampant in our country. Personally, I would not feel comfortable having a card in my clutch without a matching ID to back it up. I just wouldn't want to throw up any red flags if called on the legitimacy of the card and the owner of it.

Beverley Sims
12-08-2014, 04:39 PM
There are a lot of cards you can do that with now.
I did that with my ventra card put credit in it and registrerd it as Beverley Sims.
Other credit/proximity cards will allow you to do this.

A bit of money in the card and if you tie it with another one bob's your uncle.

Barbara B
12-08-2014, 04:50 PM
I did it many years ago, the lady in the bank asked why I wanted a bank card with Barbara on it to which I replied because sometimes I'm not Mr B. No problem, new card arrived in 4 days.

kimdl93
12-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Ok, I have to admit, I'm a bit luckier than most....my given name is Kim, so I didn't have to change a thing��

Taylor Dame
12-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Since my first name is Taylor, I am lucky to have my male and female name on all my credit cards.

Eringirl
12-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Most credit cards allow you to attach another family member to your account. Another way us to simply have your card with your first initials on it. I have done both. In my case, my fem initials are the same as my drab.

Eryn
12-08-2014, 11:44 PM
Unfortunately here in SoCal it is common for businesses to demand a photo ID along with the card so having a card with a femme name doesn't get you much. At times I've just used my male card and the heck with what they think!

Some credit card companies will issue cards with initials only and many GGs like them that way. That's a fairly good "middle road" approach.

Melanie B
12-09-2014, 05:20 AM
I got my fem credit card last week. All I had to do was fill in an on-line form asking for an additional user to be put on my account, and confirm that the new user lived at the same address as me and was over 18.
When the card arrived, it was a bit of an anticlimax .. just my initial and surname, rather than the "Ms Melanie <suurname>" that I had been expecting (and hoping for).
Still, it will make online shopping and "click and collect" shopping a lot easier!

Jillian Faith
12-09-2014, 06:00 AM
I just use the first initial last name option

Stevann
12-09-2014, 07:21 AM
My card also has just my initials and last name. I intentionally chose my femme name to use the same initials, and no one can read my signature.

Dianne S
12-09-2014, 08:59 AM
I've never done it, but I know someone who has. There are two options that should make it pretty easy. One option is to get an additional card on the same account as if for a family member. The other, if your male and female names start with the same letter, is simply to use first initial.

Unfortunately here in SoCal it is common for businesses to demand a photo ID along with the card

Really? Even for everyday purchases? I can understand big-ticket items or hotel rooms, but... wow. Though... I live in Canada and we've had the chip-and-PIN system for a long time now, so most places don't even need a signature. Just insert the card and enter your PIN.

justmetoo
12-09-2014, 10:58 PM
I live in SoCal, too, and Eryn is quite right. Yep, even for smaller purchases. Not always, but often enough that you never know if they will or won't. Less likely, I think, with a debit card, because you have to enter a PIN, I suppose?

Adriana Moretti
12-09-2014, 11:14 PM
prob get booted but...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf6R1WFfdpo

DebbieL
12-09-2014, 11:24 PM
Back in the 1990s, when I was out as Debbie, I would get money from the ATM to make purchases at stores nearby. The bank kept asking me if I wanted to get a credit card for "my friend". The bank knew it was me, and I was tempted, but the concern was that I would then be asked for ID (in Colorado, for example) and when they didn't match, risk facing fraud charges.

Of course, in May, I legally changed my name (as well as my legal gender), and now ALL of my cards are in Debbie's name. In fact, I've had a heck of a time trying to get all my records, credit history, and travel programs switched over. Some will let me send PDFs of the court order, others want me to FAX them (who does that anymore?), and others want me to send hard copies via snail mail. One bank wanted me to come in in person, let them take pictures of me, make copies of my old and new driver's licenses, and wanted a sealed copy of the court order. When I try to do this stuff in Texas, it's a nightmare, in NJ or PA, it's a breeze.

Prior to the name change, I used Rex's card almost everywhere even though I was living full time as Debbie. At work they called me Rexxie and that also worked for the cards. Merchants generally don't look too closely, and even when they do, they still like getting paid by a paying customer who is polite, friendly, and treats the store as if she were a guest in a friend's house.

I learned that if I make some effort to leave the room a better place than when I walked in, by a kind word, wiping the faucets shiny, putting something away, or just getting someone to laugh, I will usually be welcome back the next time I come.