PDA

View Full Version : Femme voice....hey ti worked!

ophelia
12-10-2014, 10:47 AM
I've read a hundred posts about feminizing your voice, but this one seemed to simple to work.
I googled "how to talk with a girlie voice".
So, first you pick a female singer with a breathier style. I chose Judy Collins. Listen to a couple of albums.
Next you push the sides of the middle of your tongue up against your upper teeth.
Then speak, but try to sing a bit, with an upward lilt or lift at the end of the phrase, not quite like asking a question but close.
Looking in the mirror and greet yourself as in: "Well hello there Ophelia".
Spend increasingly longer times talking to in this new voice, still imagining that singer you chose.
I do it in the car going here and there.
Soon you'll have trouble falling back into guy voice.

It works for me.

Kate Simmons
12-10-2014, 01:51 PM
If it works for you that is what counts, right? :)

KittyD
12-10-2014, 01:58 PM
I worked on my female voice for about two years and can slip in and out of it.
I based mine on an accent and then just worked with that until it formed over time to what I have now :)
My real voice is quite deep, but my female voice it totally different...!

Krisi
12-10-2014, 01:59 PM
If you want to sound like a female when you talk, you not only have to raise your pitch, you have to talk more. A lot more. There was an outboard motor commercial a while back that said something like "a man will say a million words in one year. A woman will say three million." Listen and pay attention. A man can often answer a question in one or two sentences. A woman, one or two paragraphs.

mykell
12-10-2014, 03:06 PM
by George i think ive got it, thanks for posting this, im sure with practice it can become even better, the last post i saw about this explained that by using the nasal cavity it will sound more feminine, with your tongue held up to the teeth it helps it to the nasal passage, thanks again.....

kimdl93
12-10-2014, 06:11 PM
I've been using technology Eva ipad voice lessons and find they have been very helpful, providing objective tools for measuring pitch, for example. A lot of the Eva system involves breathing and pitch control techniques from singing too.

Beverley Sims
12-10-2014, 07:55 PM
I have often preached this one, I try and emulate Helen Shapiro, a 60's UK. female singer.

Sing in her pitch as much as I can.

AmyGaleRT
12-11-2014, 01:40 AM
I did much the same thing...I shifted my pitch upward (but not too high), tried to speak more from the "front" of my mouth, enunciated more precisely, use pitch changes for emphasis, and tried to change my choice of words in certain circumstances. It helps that I've always had a bit of a flexible voice, and that I know something about music and sound recording.

I sing along with female vocalists to help practice my voice. This may contribute to the fact that Julie described my voice as "melodious." :) I can also do karaoke if I choose my material carefully...and I can sing Peggy Lee's "Fever" with a piano accompaniment, which I do almost anytime I'm at the Black Crown and my friend Patrice is on the piano. ;)

Kim, I was at a conference where Kathe Perez of Exceptional Voice (the company that makes Eva) was giving a presentation...she described my voice as "breathy," but I think it suits me. I've even been known to get "ma'amed" over drive-through speaker systems!

I can switch from my normal voice to Amy-voice easily, which helps if I have to take a call as Amy in the middle of the day. I sort of "automatically" switch to Amy-voice when dressed, and, in fact, it takes a certain mental effort to shift back to my normal voice in that aspect!

- Amy

sabrinaedwards
12-11-2014, 07:19 PM
I will try this technique when I am fully dressed and will video tape it. Thanks for the information; I have never heard of this previously.
Love, Sabrina