PDA

View Full Version : is your closet still hidden?

ashleymcculloch90
12-10-2014, 03:02 PM
For the ones that SO already knows.
Do you keep all of your woman things hidden still or do you keep them in the open?

Also where all have you hidden them in the past?

I keep all of mine out of sight even though my wife knows (she knows but hates it) and my hiding places have been everywhere. In the cabinet above the freezer, under our bed, in my car, under Christmas stuff in the basement, and many others.

I ask because I hate hiding it, it makes me feel like I'm being sketchy and I don't see anything wrong with being feminine. Even if it is to the max.

arial
12-10-2014, 03:18 PM
All my stuff is as out in the open as it can be. My cosmetics on one side of the vanity..her's on the other. Clothes hanging and in drawers just like any other clothes would be. I can see your point; sketchy is seldom good

Stephanie47
12-10-2014, 03:29 PM
My wife knows I have "some" women's clothing. I really do not try to "hide" any of it. She knows there is a box of lingerie in my nightstand. That box has my original purchases which are mostly full slips. I keep the remainder "hidden in plain sight." I have about sixteen Zerox boxes of dresses, shoes, lingerie, etc in our converted garage. It was suppose to be a recreation room, but, it primarily storage. I wish I could hang my 115 dresses in the closet, slips and panties in a draw, etc, but, there's just too much. Since my wife is not accepting of cross dressing I've never told her of my purchases. If I were to drop dead tomorrow, my wardrobe will be an eye opener for her.

ashleymcculloch90
12-10-2014, 03:32 PM
@ Arial- How did you get to that point of understanding? Had your SO always been on ok with your dressing? Or did it take time and convincing?

2B Natasha
12-10-2014, 03:33 PM
I have almost all my clothes and shoes in my small bedroom closet along with my some man stuff. The closet is almost 5' wide I guess. The rest of our clothes are in a spare bedroom we converted to a walk in.

Make-up is in a large Armoire along with hers. She has her shelf I have mine.

Jewelry. We share a jewelry box. Tights and the like are shared in the tights box.

Bras and other shape wear et al are in my dresser mixed with all the male stuff.

ashleymcculloch90
12-10-2014, 03:46 PM
@2B Natasha- same question, how did you reach that level of understanding?

2B Natasha
12-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Well. I am one of those that told my then future girlfriend later to be wife. Within 10 minutes of meeting her. I knew this was not going away and I didn't want to waste her time or mine because I wasn't going to hide it. No let me also say this. I was 38. Divorced and had made piece with myself and wa happy being by myself.

ashleymcculloch90
12-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Yeah I did not have the confidence I do now about being Ashley, I met my wife 10 years ago(we where both 14) and have been dating for 9 years. Married for almost 2. I admitted to myself about needing to be Ashley about a year ago and told her soon after... I fair mess it has become.

DonnaT
12-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Mine's in plain sight.

I guess I should start hanging more of them in the closet. Sure would look neater ;)

BLUE ORCHID
12-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Hi Ashley, M\All of my things are hanging in three closets and four bottom dresser drawers.
Although it's DA/DT My wife knows about everything.

kimdl93
12-10-2014, 06:06 PM
No hiding....about 2/3s of my closet is taken up by women's wear and a shoe hanger...my dressers are no more than 20% male stuff. It's all in the open, along with my wife's and makeup.

Crissy Kay
12-10-2014, 06:15 PM
I really don't have much stuff. But it is still hidden in my room. In case any of the maintenance staff need to do any work, or neighbors drop by. That really does not happen much.

Natasha V
12-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Well I keep everything hanging in closet there's no hiding it. My wife say for me to be free to anything I want to explore we shop together but my taste is much different then hers. I'm to fem for her. She enjoys taking the pictures of me dressed says she never wants to lose her because is brings the better person out in me.

Kandi Robbins
12-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Hidden on my side of the closet, although very easy to find if she wanted to. She knows, is OK with it, but hasn't seen me or any of my things.

Funny, not purging and having these things readily available has been calming in and of itself, reducing my urge to dress. It is becoming more a "want to", not a "have to".

Crystal Beth
12-10-2014, 07:27 PM
We share makeup and panties plus we share some clothes as well. All of our stuff is mixed together. She loves that I have been buying Mac and VS stuff.

Kacey Black.
12-10-2014, 07:28 PM
The one wig I have is in plain sight, wardrobe is on a roll around clothing rack and covered up most of the time. Makeup is in a shoe box next to the shoes, etc. in a closet.

Tights are shared between my wife and I, and some outfits.

Jorja
12-10-2014, 08:02 PM
For all of you hiding in the closet, be careful the GPS company is sending agents around to tag every hidden place they can locate and post it to Facebook.

AndreaCalifCD
12-10-2014, 08:13 PM
I have to say, all my fem clothes are more neatly arranged than my wifes! All my dresses, tops, skirts etc are hung neatly and together and undies similarly tidy and arranged. My wife on the other hand...

Jackie7
12-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Mixed in with guy stuff in our bedroom closet. Shirts and blouses together, skirts dresses and trousers together, except under things no mixing because it's all girl, I don't have any guy stuff any more.

MsVal
12-10-2014, 08:26 PM
My wife is aware of my stuff.
My dresser has two drawers of masculine and two drawers of feminine shirts and undergarments. We share a closet. My side is about half masculine and half feminine. Off-season garments are in a large plastic bin. My makeup is in the makeup bag she gave me.

It is wonderful to no longer worry about being discovered.

Best wishes
MsVal

Lily Catherine
12-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Stacked in a rather large cardboard box, with undergarments hidden away. My stash isn't very large for now and most of it is also pretty outdated but not quite vintage. My parents are well aware of said box (unwanted dresses and outfits originally belonging to relatives and quite possibly my Mum) but don't connect it to me since I'm not home 5 days a week. As living with my parents is a cultural thing here, filial piety and all, I reckon I will have to keep much of this under wraps. Which I quite frankly dislike on my part. I own a few women's sweaters and jeans which don't form part of my femme wardrobe as I wear them out in male mode. (This is what happens when I'm too thin for men's jeans.)

Beverley Sims
12-10-2014, 10:13 PM
Ashley,
One day you will find a solution, it is the rite of passage.

ashleymcculloch90
12-10-2014, 10:41 PM
I'm just hoping it's going to be the solution I'm looking for. :)

lingerieLiz
12-10-2014, 11:18 PM
My wife has known since we started dating. She would rather that I didn't have the obsession or whatever it is as I do. I've always had my things in the closets and dressers. I do have more lingerie than she does, but she has more clothes than I do. From time to time we do share some clothes, but we have different likes. We are also not the same size for the most part. We share laundry duties and wash what ever needs to be done. She is also usually with me when I buy things.

claire_hollinger
12-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Nothing is so hidden google can't find it :)

Hell on Heels
12-11-2014, 01:07 AM
Hell-o Ashley,
Clothes that are meant to be hung are now mixed in with the rest if my guy clothes.
Shoes, wigs, makeup, etc. ( things that obviously do not belong to my SO) are kept hidden.

I know Google knows where they are hidden, but none of my house guests work for Google,
So I think I'll keep that hiding spot to myself.

Tell her how you feel about the hiding
So she hates it, she hates that you dress, not the clothes.
Is it possible for you to ask her if it would be OK if you hung your clothing?
There is a good chance of things being ruined from being folded and packed
into boxes and stuffed away.
Just be understanding if she still refuses, and ask again sometime in the future.
She may come aroundto being OK with it someday.
Good luck!
Much Love,
Kristyn

MissTee
12-11-2014, 01:17 AM
At our primary home we have a locked closet in the master bedroom. In that is my wife's clothes, a few Misty things , and my drab wear. At the second home, we have a completely girly pink bedroom whose closet is filled with nothing but girl wear for Misty and my wife. Also have jewelry boxes, wig stands, dresser and chest of drawers loaded with girl wear.

AmyGaleRT
12-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Not hidden at all anymore. My dresses hang in the closet with other clothes. (Actually two closets...I have that many!) Other clothes are in the top of the closet, and my jewelry box is there, too. I have a panty drawer and a lingerie drawer on my side of the bed. My shoes are in the nightstand, or in boxes in the corner of the bedroom. My purse, makeup case, and hair-accessories case sit right out in the open.

All my things used to be in a bunch of giant plastic tubs in a storage locker. Not long after I came out to my fiancee, I brought all my clothes home, washed them, and got them put away properly. Now those big plastic tubs hold her old Harlequin romance novels. :D

- Amy

Tinkerbell-GG
12-11-2014, 03:15 AM
Ashley, if your wife doesn't like crossdressing, it's doubtful she's going to grow to like it any more than you'll grow to not like it. It's possible over time that she'll mellow enough to allow clothing in the closet. But understand how confronting your femme items are for a reluctant wife. Depending on how you are with all this (will having easier access to your items cause you to dress more?) will depend on how she responds. If every little inch she gives, you take a mile, you'll back her into a corner and your 'stash' will never see the light of day. But show her how considerate and controlled you are with your dressing, letting her see that her man will be the primary presence in her life, and you will have a better chance of a less restricted life.

~Joanne~
12-11-2014, 08:51 AM
Before I told my SO, My things were in the closet right where they are now. I would just make sure that my drab clothing was the first thing you saw if you opened it. My heels were in boxes, as all my other things such a makeup, enhancers and such. My Wig was kept in the basement behind some boxes.

After the talk and such, now my femme clothes are more visible and the closet is about half and half between my femme and drab clothes. My heels are on a couple of shoe racks that line the bottom of the closet, everything else is on the shelf, and my wig is in the spare bedroom on a stand. If anyone ever does see inside this closet, which I ever doubt would happen, she has already said she will claim everything ;)

Ceera
12-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Sadly my wife is no longer among the living. She passed away last January. For about the last year and a half of her life I had begun experimenting with underdressing with fairly plain, not-lacy bikini panties, which I quickly admitted to her that I was switching to full-time, forsaking men's undies - and she begrudgingly accepted me doing that. I kept the rest a secret from her, because she wasn't very happy about me and the panties. My wig and my few padded bras, skirts and blouses that I had started to buy, and my one and only pair of women's shoes, as well as a steel-boned corset that I bought myself as a birthday present while out of town on a trip, I kept hidden in a gym bag on the lowest shelf in my home office bookshelves - tucked in a corner behind a wastebasket, where no one had any rational reason to poke around. At the time I wasn't seriously trying to do a full en-femme appearance that I could go out in public with - I still had a full beard, even. But I loved wearing the panties and occasionally lacing myself into the corset and wearing the padded bra and a few other feminine pieces of clothing when I was alone. And there it sat, with me not really buying anything more, until she passed away.

Once it was just me and my daughter, I risked coming out to my daughter, who I knew had gay and bi friends and was pretty tolerant of her friends crossdressing for cosplay fun. She was quite accepting of me doing cross dressing, and even joined me in clothes shopping, with me in drab and her along as a perfectly good excuse for me to be in the ladies section and carrying an armload of women's clothing. And girl, I really started shopping! My closet now is 50/50 male and female clothes, I've shaved and do full makeup when going out, and I'm going out to a club a few times each month fully en-femme.

Funny thing about my closet and bathroom today. It's far neater and better organized than when my GG wife shared it with me!

When it was me and my GG wife, we shared a large walk-in closet (about ten feet of closet space on one wall and 6 feet of space on the other) plus a six foot wide open closet bar in front of a full length dressing mirror in our bedroom that was about 2/3 full most of the time, and we each had a small dresser and some under-bed storage drawers for our t-shirts and undies and the like. We each had a hanging organizer on a door that was for our shoes. But the closet and hanging bar were a jumbled mess, and we had junk stored on the floor of the walk in closet so much that you could hardly get into the back half of it! a lot of the clothes in the closet were stuff my wife had been hanging onto that she hadn't been able to fit into since high school!

After she passed, I did a major closet cleaning. I kept a few of my wife's things that actually fit me and matched my own sense of style, and my daughter kept some of the older things in smaller sizes that she liked, and we got rid of almost all of the rest. My wife wasn't much into wearing makeup, and most of what she had was pretty much expired and got thrown out. I started my own makeup kit pretty much from scratch. The open bar in front of the mirror now only gets used for hanging outfits I am preparing to wear, or things that need sewing repairs or alterations.

I bought hanging shoe organizers and good hangars and other stuff for the closet so I could take better care of my clothes. My forms and pads and purses and hosiery are all neatly stored in the closet. That walk in closet is completely organized, with my male clothes the first thing one sees when opening the closet, all organized by type and color, and the female clothes primarily on the shorter side to the left of the door, where you have to actually go in and look around to see them, and equally neatly organized. My dresser has one and a half drawers of girly things in it, but the rest of my girl clothes and my girl shoes and jewelry are all in the walk in closet. My makeup largely stays in a case in the bathroom counter cupboard, where I can get it when needed but where guests are unlikely to notice it.

Madilyn A.
12-11-2014, 10:07 AM
All of my dresses, tops, skirts and other clothes requiring a hanger are on her side of the closet hanging along with her things. My wigs, lingerie, and shoes are locked in a file cabinet in our closet. My makeup is separate for the most part from hers in a cabinet, but we do share some makeup.

ashleymcculloch90
12-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Cerra- I'm sorry for your loss. But you seem to be looking at it half full. Thank you for sharing with me.

CarlaWestin
12-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Hi Ashley, My wife and I have been fortunate with the real estate ladder so we now share a large house that gives each of us a very large personal area. She has the master bedroom suite with the giant bathroom, jacuzzi tub and a walk-in closet you could park a small car in. I, on the other hand, have an area on the other side of the house that includes a full bathroom, separate bedroom and a double sized room that I use as my office, private living room and boudoir/studio. There's also a walk-in closet that I keep all of my dresses, skirts and blouses hanging. There's also room for two dressers full of bras, stockings, forms and panties. All of my sexey shoes line the walls, neatly in pairs. Wife and I are doing the DADT and IDWTSI thing so it's nice to have a private space with some breathing room. I've got a free day from work today and I'm hoping to clear the rest of her clutter from my domain. I'm somewhat of a minimalist and she's a hoarder. Go figure.

ashleymcculloch90
12-11-2014, 11:48 AM
I'm not familiar with "IDWTSI"

Ceera
12-11-2014, 12:08 PM
I'm not familiar with "IDWTSI"I believe that is "I don't want to see it".

Mia27
12-11-2014, 12:15 PM
I do not have any of my own clothing.. But since my GF and I are all the same size in about everything. We just share:) the only thing i own thats different is a wig.

Lee Andrews
12-11-2014, 12:36 PM
My wife has know way before we married. She has her ups and downs with it and is currently in a down. I've taken over the spare room closet and put a lock on it to keep wondering eyes out of there. Use to keep it all in boxes but now its easy access for quick dressing sessions.
Like now. LOL

VAWyman
12-11-2014, 10:59 PM
I have a few things in the back of my closet. My wife has found them before and purged them a couple of times. She no longer does that because she realized I would go out and buy items to replace what she threw out. She still is not tolerant but at least she doesn't purge.

Taylor186
12-13-2014, 07:42 PM
My wife does not embrace my crossdressing but she has come to accept it. My cd clothes are either hanging in the closet (dresses, jackets, etc), on the closet shelf (mostly shoes and wigs) or in dresser drawers (lingerie, hosiery). Nothing is "hidden" per se, but I leave nothing out in the open when not dressing: which is most of the time. That said, I don't tell her every time I purchase something even though all mail-ordered packages (most of my purchases) come straight to the house. If she gets the mail first, so be it. Again, nothing is hidden. If she wants to open the closet door that is fine with me, but she never does.

nicoleb
12-13-2014, 11:51 PM
My situation is similar to Taylor186 - I try to keep things put away - not really hidden since my wife knows where all the stuff is and can use whatever she wants whenever she wants.

Robin414
12-14-2014, 12:25 AM
I'm with Taylor, my wife knows where my girl stuff is (purses and makeup) but it's my 'personal space' and doesn't go there as a rule. Although it's not hidden. Half of 'my' closet is women's clothing though and she sees that every day.

Sarina Curtis
12-14-2014, 04:04 AM
While not 'hidden' my clothes stay in my own drawers and I don't think my wife is ready to see things in my closet and I'm not ready to hang things out where friends and visiting family might see just yet. Maybe once the kids get a little older we'll discuss it, but until my girls are old enough to understand the discretion that would be required, my feminine attire stays put.

Sophie Yang
12-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Ashley,

When I started about three or four years ago I was home every other weekend for two or three years. At the last place I was working I had a two bedroom apartment to myself. The master bedroom had two standard closets where three male suits were hung and a pair of work shoes. Sophie filled the rest of both closets. I also had plenty of clothes at home when I flew home on the weekends in a small closet that my wife and I shared.

Seven months ago I packed up my apartment and shipped everything home. Is my closet still hidden? It is not so much hidden, but inaccessible. That small closet is in a room that use to be my office, but has become more of a storage/junk room that I need to clean out one of these days. Most of my clothes from the apartment are still in boxes in the garage, duffle bags in the back office, or under the bed. When my wife washes my clothes she just stacks them on too full dresser for me to put away.

Our plans are to remodel the upstairs master bedroom and bath with a large walk-in closet and make area(s).

BillieAnneJean
12-14-2014, 09:32 AM
I am very fortunate to have a room dedicated to my girly pursuit with an enormous closet.

One if the benefits of the kiddies growing up and leaving the nest.

My girly stuff has never been hidden any time in my years of CDing. And not that it is actually plural I can truthfully say years.

I am having SO MUCH FUN with this!

Rosaliy Lynne
12-20-2014, 12:21 PM
Hi Ashley, My wife and I have been fortunate with the real estate ladder so we now share a large house that gives each of us a very large personal area. She has the master bedroom suite with the giant bathroom, jacuzzi tub and a walk-in closet you could park a small car in. I, on the other hand, have an area on the other side of the house that includes a full bathroom, separate bedroom and a double sized room that I use as my office, private living room and boudoir/studio. There's also a walk-in closet that I keep all of my dresses, skirts and blouses hanging. There's also room for two dressers full of bras, stockings, forms and panties. All of my sexey shoes line the walls, neatly in pairs. Wife and I are doing the DADT and IDWTSI thing so it's nice to have a private space with some breathing room. I've got a free day from work today and I'm hoping to clear the rest of her clutter from my domain. I'm somewhat of a minimalist and she's a hoarder. Go figure.

Ah well. I am envious of the amount of space you have to be Carla in. On the other hand, I was divorced from my last wife and I retired in 2012. I live with my sister and a cat and have a nice large bedroom and two closets full of dresses, skirts, tops, bathing suits, nighties and coats. Two small dressers with all my underwear and misc stuff including my 'toys.'

I know about dadt and idwtsi. Several friends have that problem too.