PDA

View Full Version : Pink and blue

Kandi Robbins
12-10-2014, 06:52 PM
You may have noticed I changed my avatar. The old one really didn't represent me as I have yet to even touch any make-up (it'll be a cold day in your know where before there are any pics of me, I value this forum too much to scare you all off). This avatar is all me, let me explain.

First off, it's the cover of the most recent Black Keys CD, Turn Blue. Absolute genius. These guys never cease to amaze me (and they grew up and cut their teeth about 30 miles from me!).

So here is my pink and blue day:

Pink: Wake up and make a decision on underdressing, pass on it as I have a back hair removal consultation this afternoon (ends up being a lost opportunity).

Blue: I drive a truck, regular route. Have an excellent conversation with a fellow driver about high school football and our families. I even reveal a secret to him (NO! Not this one, I do have another secret, life is complicated). Really cool.

Pink: After I finish my route, I do a little shopping. I spend some time browsing a thrift store, nothing. I then head over to Macy's and after sorting through all the sale items, buy a cute blue cardigan sweater. Must be long sleeve, as I have much to hide. I am thrilled, only paying $20 for it!

Pink: Head over and get my consultation regarding having the hair permanently removed from my back, shoulders and neck. She never looks at my back (Damn! I could have underdressed). Get the quote.

Blue: Are you @#$*! kidding me! They wanted more for this procedure than it costs me for 3 semesters tuition for my daughter. NFW! There will be no backless gowns for me, I guess.

Blue: Get home, change and head to a boxing workout class. It's a one hour class, mixing cardio, exercises and boxing-related movements.

Pink: Kicks my behind. I am getting soft, struggling through the end of the workout.

Pink: Get home and weigh myself, down 14 lbs. since I admitted all of this to myself. Can't wait to try on the sweater.

Pink: Shower up and the on the sweater. The sleeves are too short. I guess I need a size that you would get for a primate. Got to go back to Macy's tomorrow.

So, as you can see, life is a giant swirl of pink and blue, pink and blue.

I really need to get a hobby! Too much time to think all day.

Be well,
Kandi

Beverley Sims
12-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Two colours that do not mix well in visual arts.
Probably not that good in real life either.

Jorja
12-10-2014, 07:52 PM
I prefer orange and chartreuse myself. ;)

BLUE ORCHID
12-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Hi Kandi, You are lucky to have a choice of the two colors.

Jenniferathome
12-11-2014, 12:08 AM
...First off, it's the cover of the most recent Black Keys ...

Kandi, when I read this I "heard" Black Eyed Peas in my head and almost unfriended you! Whew, good thing I read it twice.

docrobbysherry
12-11-2014, 12:23 AM
U really like pink and blue over pink and black? To each his own I guess!

Kandi Robbins
12-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Pink and blue, is an analogy for the struggle between the male and female parts of our brain.

Jenn, BIG difference between the Black Keys (saw them in September, blew me away) and the Black Eyed Peas. Glad you caught that.

K

AndreaCalifCD
12-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Pink. There's nothing else to say!

RADER
12-11-2014, 04:22 PM
It makes me dizzy, and I am dizzy enough with out additions. LOL
Rader

CarlaWestin
12-11-2014, 05:34 PM
I like the pink, blue thing. Had kind of a pink/blue day today, myself. I'll try to post in detail later. Off to the endocrinologist. Nothing pink about that!

Brenda456
12-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Pink and blue is cool. Hey, that rhymes. . .

Kathleencd
01-25-2015, 01:56 AM
I love pink

charlenesomeone
01-25-2015, 05:22 AM
Pink, a color, a singer, a Victoria Secret Line, a drink ( lemonade or martini), a fog for us girls.

Blue, a color, a show (with man group), IBM(with big), a feeling, the sea (with deep), the boy side.

feel free to add.
Hugs