PDA

View Full Version : what if

slamddoger
12-12-2014, 05:14 PM
some one came up to you and ask in nice way why do you dress as women

Sarah Louise
12-12-2014, 05:38 PM
I'd wonder how they knew. I suspect I'd deny it.

Christina Alice
12-12-2014, 05:40 PM
I have asked myself that question often enough but if they did, the simple answer is......I enjoy it!

franlee
12-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Because it's against the law to go naked. And then read their reaction. If it seems they are receptive and no threat to my privacy then I may indulge them farther as a positive for CDing. Otherwise walk on.

kimdl93
12-12-2014, 06:31 PM
Ok, so when I have been out dressed as a woman, I have had this conversation a number of times. My answer is consistent. I dress as a woman because when I am dressed I feel that my external presentation is consistent with the person I am inside. Anything beyond that turns into a chicken and egg discussion that gets us no where.

Kandi Robbins
12-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Tell them heck if I know, but I do enjoy it. The more I read here, the more this becomes a mystery.

Helen_Highwater
12-12-2014, 07:55 PM
I think my answer would be, Don't knock it till you've tried it!"

susan jackson
12-12-2014, 07:57 PM
My reply is always "why do you drink coffee?"

Jorja
12-12-2014, 07:57 PM
Them: Why do you dress as a woman?
Me: What do you mean? I have jeans and a tee shirt on just like you do. Why do you dress like a woman?

They usually wonder off in deep thought after that.

heatherdress
12-12-2014, 08:05 PM
I think there is little likelihood of that happening but I would probably ignore the question and the person. I don't owe anyone an explanation for how I dress. None of their business.

Nadine Spirit
12-12-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't know if I have gotten that specific question, but I have had people ask me questins about my gender, especially after showing them my male ID. Normally they ask when I will transition or how far along I am in the process. I genuinely enjoy these conversations because they are providing an opportunity for me to educate them a little. And generally they need an education as they have never had an opportunity to speak openly with someone who is transgender.

I so prefer any conversation out in the open to the ones I know they have when I leave! Give me a chance to prove I am pretty normal!

Jocelyn Quivers
12-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Because in select studies it's been shown to reduce HDL Cholesterol, and High Blood Pressure!:D
In all seriousness my answer would be I DON'T KNOW WHY I DO THIS ANYMORE!!:bonk:

BLUE ORCHID
12-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Hi SD, I would just say, It's just who I am & it's what I do, now do you have a problem with that, I didn't think so.

Beverley Sims
12-12-2014, 09:02 PM
It is just another form of expression.

Diane Smith
12-12-2014, 11:47 PM
I've been asked a few times, and always tell them I prefer the look and feel of women's clothes, always thought high heels and nail polish were hot, and "why should the girls have all the fun."

I doubt if this is a very satisfying answer, but it's basically true, and I've never had anyone want to follow it up with a second comment or question, so it's doing the job.

- Diane

docrobbysherry
12-12-2014, 11:59 PM
How odd, SD! That I've NEVER thot about someone asking me that even tho I've been out dressed countless times now?

Maybe it's because when it's me out dressed, most folks r laffing too hard to speak!

And, when they see Sherry out? They quickly glance away, terrified, or their jaw's bouncing off their knees!

Minerva Morgan
12-13-2014, 12:04 AM
I would tell them I 'dress' for the same reason any woman 'dresses'; to be pretty. After that, it gets complicated. Certainly if a person asked a similar question and I felt that they were indicating a serious interest or expressing a desire to learn, I would feel honour-bound to help them understand a complex issue and to be more comfortable with the concept of Gender Variance.

Minerva.

Tina B.
12-13-2014, 11:47 AM
I would answer with a question, (why do you need to know?) Then we could have a dialog from there.

GeauxStacy
12-13-2014, 11:52 AM
I would get this really surprised look on my face and say, "Oh my God. I'm dressed as a woman? I knew something was off this morning." Give them a smile and walk off. :)

Alice Torn
12-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Fran Lee, LOL. That is terrific!!! I hope i remember that, if it really happens. Geaux Stacy, what you said too! Terrific. I hope my memory can recall to answer these.

Alice Torn
12-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Why do male birds wear pretty colors?

Jenniferathome
12-13-2014, 01:12 PM
I have been asked this very question a few times, when I am presenting as female, of course. I always take the opportunity explain the basic facts of cross dressing:

- I'm straight, most cross dressers are
- I'm married and my wife knows
- I will not be transitioning
- It is an occasional thing
and
- I have always been this way. It is a need and somehow this act makes me complete.

In every instance, the other parties have been engaged and interested to learn.

Mia Brankovic
12-13-2014, 01:21 PM
I Love art...all art...however the shape of woman is beyond compare...why, would I not try to emulate that which I find most beautiful...the elegance, charm...

SusanaO
12-13-2014, 05:00 PM
I'd respond "because I don't always like dressing like a guy." That simple.

Michaelasfun
12-13-2014, 05:17 PM
"That's funny, I thought I was dressed as ME!"

Jilmac
12-13-2014, 05:26 PM
I'd tell the truth, yep I dress as often as I can, go out dressed as often as I can and enjoy it to the fullest.

CynthiaD
12-13-2014, 06:26 PM
I'd smile and say, "for the same reason you do, dear."

(FYI, we Texas girls always call each other, Dear, Hon, Sweetie, etc.)

nicoleb
12-14-2014, 12:00 AM
I would tell them I do it because it is fun, relaxing and allows me to express my feminine side.

Sarina Curtis
12-14-2014, 04:18 AM
It would depend on who. If it was someone I trust, I'd tell them. If it was a stranger or someone I don't think would handle the answer well I'd probably just tell them that they wouldn't understand no matter how I explained it. If they knew enough to ask why, there would likely be no way to deny it.

Krististeph
12-14-2014, 04:36 AM
It would depend on the person and why. I'm not going to explain myself just because someone asks, if they were seriously interested and were offering some form of friendship or support, then perhaps i'd start.

But- if i was out, CDed, and someone asked nicely,- it's who i am, it's what i was made like- i like to feel feminine- girls are wonderful, in case you have not noticed. And it beats the hell out of hating yourself, trashing your mind with drugs, and/or killing people at random.

And the clothes and fashions can be kind of awesome, truth be told.

My question now, is why don't you give it a whirl and see for yourself? Even if you do not prefer it, you'll get a heck of a new perspective on a few things.

sarahcsc
12-14-2014, 05:25 AM
Because in select studies it's been shown to reduce HDL Cholesterol, and High Blood Pressure!:D
In all seriousness my answer would be I DON'T KNOW WHY I DO THIS ANYMORE!!:bonk:

Ahaha! Thats brilliant! Good one Jocelyn. :D

"why are you dressed as a woman?" asked Mr. A.

I would say, "so you can have a teeny bit more chances with the ladies." hee hee. :heehee:

noeleena
12-14-2014, 06:54 AM
Hi,

I have been asked why do i dress as a woman, , in answer , well im a female so maybe i can as there.s not much else i like to wear. just my skirts and tops really.

...noeleena...

Marcelle
12-14-2014, 07:36 AM
Hey there,

I am not sure if you are talking about someone asking that question while you are dressed or if you were "en boy". I am going to assume "while you are dressed" (although I have had the questions asked of me in both guises). I try to educate as best I can but do so in a way that resonates with the person. Telling them the facts about why I do it IMO gets you so far but doing so in a way that makes them understands helps bring them to a position of understanding. This question came up once some time ago and I touched on it in the following threads

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?214657-Going-Out-Explaining-it-to-someone/page2

I also had a very close friend ask me the same thing (I am open in my life about this side of me) and chose to explain it as such.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?218836-A-truly-great-moment-in-my-life/page3

Hugs

Isha

Krisi
12-15-2014, 08:07 AM
I don't think there's a stock answer to that question. Are you dressed as a woman at the time? Is the person asking a relative or close friend, and aquaintance or a stranger? And of course, are you just wearing clothes intended to be worn by women or are you also wearing breast forms, padded panties, wig, makeup, etc.?

The truth is, I don't know why I like to dress as a woman. If I was asked by a relative or close friend, I would tell them just that and be open to discussion. If it were a stranger, I would tell them the same thing but just leave it at that.