PDA

View Full Version : I got ma'amed in drab!

SusanaO
12-13-2014, 05:26 PM
It actually happens quite often but that's because I have long hair and wear skinny jeans (and half the time women's jeans even in drab) and it happens when I'm turned around.

But yesterday, I walk into a Subway and the sandwich "artist" says "What can I get you, ma'am?" Then I notice his eyes open wider as he realizes I'm no ma'am, while the girl working next to him tries hard to keep a straight face. He seemed to be too frozen to apologize, so to let him know it was no big deal I simply ask for my meal "This ma'am will have a... "

So the I was thinking... I must make a hideous woman while in drab! But, I figure it can be a good starting point for getting into girl mode :)

Eryn
12-13-2014, 05:35 PM
This happens to me now and then, particularly after grew my hair out. I always try to be extra nice to the person because sometimes they might feel embarrassed over the gender confusion. My attitude reassures them that I'm comfortable with myself and with their perception of me.

CynthiaD
12-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Oddly enough, it happens to me once in a while too. And I'm bald as an egg.

JohnH
12-13-2014, 10:07 PM
I get ma'amed all the time even when I wear a plaid shirt, men's jeans, and boat shoes with socks. I have hair that hangs below my shoulders and I wear a C cup bra for my natural breasts. I also have wide hips.

However - my speaking voice is quite a bit deeper than a typical man, so when I talk, most of the time I get the response, "Oh sorry, Sir!". In a way that distresses me as if it is better to be a male than a female.

Johanna (John)

donnalee
12-14-2014, 01:18 AM
Had this happen in a Target a few weeks ago; "Are you ready, Ma'am?". My hair is to the bottom of my shoulder blades (ponytail in drab) and the clerk was behind me, although I was facing forward initially. The interesting thing is that when I faced her she didn't correct herself and, of course, I didn't either.

Beverley Sims
12-14-2014, 03:51 AM
From the back most times it is difficult to tell.
From the front there a re a few surprises

jamie-upstate
12-14-2014, 10:35 AM
I was in a Subway and as I paid the girl at the register said, thank you mam. Then she relized she made a mistake. I was in guy mode

mechamoose
12-14-2014, 11:28 AM
There is some part of me that enjoys the fact that I confuse people. I'm not trying to 'pass', but I know I'm sending conflicting signals.

That confusion tells me I'm doing it right. :)

<3

- MM