PDA

View Full Version : Help with Nails

SIAN
01-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Hi all, where in the uk can I buy Acetone from, to remove Nail Polish. I havent come out yet, so I don't want to be buying Nail Polish Remover.

AprilMae
01-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Plain old Nail Polish remover is acetone. Or you can get acetone in a paint or hardware store.

DanaJ
01-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Nail polish remover may CONTAIN, acetone, it is not pure acetone. Nail polish remover comes in two formulas, non-acetone and acetone. Nail polish remover is different from pure acetone, in that it contains other ingrediants (fragrance, oils, water).

As for where to buy it, any beauty supply store or I am sure Boots carries it :)

mskilmer
01-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Are you concerned about having a container of nail polish remover around because somebody may wonder why you have it? Why not just buy some and pour it into a different container? You could even keep it in your manly garage or work area.

TaraB
01-27-2006, 10:19 PM
one trick for easy removal of polish with color....

before you apply make sure that 1st coat is a clear coat fast drying coat that usually helps for strength of nail. It also protects from nail polish remover which does a ton of damage to your nails if done alot. Mainly it allows you to strip the color easier without damaging the clear coat or mainly the nail.

its hugely important and after doing it a few times you'll never let regular nail polish touch your nail until you got that 1st clear coat.

more important it gives of a much better more natural color to the polish you use over it as well as being more defined like you get from a real manicure.