PDA

View Full Version : Just for a laugh

Maria 60
12-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Thought I would post this as my wife sometimes is very comfortable with my dressing and sometimes just speaks without thinking. She was paying for a dress when the cashier told her that the dress would be a finale sale, she said that it would be fine and then turns to me and tells me, that she was more then sure that if she didn't want it that I would be more then happy to take it. WOW! Was it getting hot in there pretty fast. Well fast thinking I told her, honey you know I like wearing shorter dresses to show off my long legs, funny the cashier agreed that I made a good point. My wife's face was white realizing the mistake she made. We walked out of the store and she apologized and this wasn't the first time she made this mistake and pointed out that it must be more common for men buying women's clothes because the sales ladies are always very comfortable and cool with it. I believe it really depends on the sale person, some do really enjoy there jobs and have a great sense of humour, and don't really care what happens to that dress once it leaves the store. Thought it was funny.

Isabella Ross
12-13-2014, 08:08 PM
Clearly, you have been fully accepted by your wife, Maria.

kimdl93
12-13-2014, 08:14 PM
I have to think that we are much more common than we sometimes think!

nicoleb
12-13-2014, 11:27 PM
That was amusing. Thanks for sharing.

ronny0
12-14-2014, 02:30 AM
About the same thing happened to me a few years ago. My GE & I were shopping at the JCP clearance racks.
She pulls off a few items, then tells the sales lady that these are 'our' size. The woman looked at me and I tried to keep a straight face......
Later I told my GF what she had just said, and we laughed over it.....

Beverley Sims
12-14-2014, 03:48 AM
That is great acceptance by your wife.
Keep it going like that. :)

Sarina Curtis
12-14-2014, 03:55 AM
It's nice to see your wife if so comfortable with it to have fun with it.

emma-louise
12-14-2014, 04:36 AM
My ex wife did something similar to me i picked up 2 pairs of hotpants i wanted she took them to the till to pay, and when the cashier asked her if she had picked the right size she " they are not for me"! and i was the only other one with her oooops

Krististeph
12-14-2014, 04:49 AM
in general- the best of all possible worlds- is just to go with it. Thank goodness for 2014. :-)

My biggest worry is being a sarcastic jerk and saying something like 'solved that one, ol' Sherlock'...

I usually end up not needing to say anything- i'm thinking- "too bad my ass would look twice as good in them as yours would" or... ".... twice as good in them as your girlfriend's would"...

So what if i can't pull off as good of a face? I'm not asking anyone to look at it.

You know, that's funny, come to think of it- buying cosmetics- when I get stuff obviously for me, the girls are usually really nice-

Hmmm... maybe if you just treat people nice and don't react badly to their awkwardness/insecurity of how to react... it's really made a difference for me lately.

But yeah, the funny ones are a riot, and if you can crack up over a mistake and diffuse tension, you are the bombshell belle of the ball of the moment, hands down!