PDA

View Full Version : bra definitions and info

rubydiamond
01-27-2006, 09:37 PM
I hope I am posting this message in the right section. ;)

I am trying to follow MaryAnne's tips on creating clevage. In her tips she says to get a..........

molded cup

underwired

demi

push up bra

so here are my questions....

#1- do bras come molded cup or no molded cup or are they all the same?

#2- what does demi mean/stand for?

#3- has anyone tried to duplicate MaryAnne's clevage tips?

#4- I have searched on the net and I can't find a bra that is defined as having all of these features.....so the question is do you need all of these features or will an underwire/push up bra work just as well?

any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated....and thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Ruby Diamond

TaraB
01-27-2006, 09:43 PM
my 2 cents.

you might check out the water bra. They have them at plenty of places like Macy's etc and they definity help create some cleavage as well as having a more natural feel/look of an actual breast. They run usually $36ish and i've always found them to be both the most comfortable as well as the most natural look.

rubydiamond
01-27-2006, 09:46 PM
maryann...I apolgize for putting an "e" on the end of your name....opps:o

Robertacd
01-28-2006, 01:32 AM
This might help you hun, Bra Glossary (http://www.onehanesplace.com/webapp/commerce/command/ExecMacro/info.d2w/report?info=braglossary&OriginPage=BF)

lydia7
01-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Demi = Half coverage or partial coverage. Shows more skin when worn under outfits will more revealing, sleeve-less, low-cut design.

The molded cup has a shape even if you don't underneath. Great for in-between sizes or when (as is common) the breasts are not of equal size.

Underwire creates the U-shape at the bottom, which doesn't feel right unless the "fold" underneath of an actual breast. Of course, since you are trying to create the look of them, that is why it is recommended.

If you have anything up top at all, then go for the opposite of that list. We want the support, but not so much the constricted form...

Just my two-cents...

triciaannmarie
01-28-2006, 04:58 PM
I have a water bra in blue.

I love it

Tricia