PDA

View Full Version : Out to Macy´s

sara.rafaela
12-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Hello. I was out in Northern California again. I was in Sacramento. I had finished my work for the week; and had planned to go to San Francisco. But, the weather was bad, and I was generally tired; so I opted for a daylight outing in Sacramento. I dressed in a short A-Line skirt, floral top, black sweater from Ann Taylor, black tights, and black ankle boots. I did not know where to go, so I went to the midtown gay area called Lavender Heights. I walked around a bit. There were quite a few people out. There are offices there and people were out for lunch. No one seemed to give me any notice. A group of ladies were out for lunch and one lady said hello; she may have made me, but was impressed with my outfit. I was feeling really confident.

I went into one of the bars and had a diet coke while I thought about my options. I did not want to go for lunch, not hungry, nor go to the Crocker Art museum and wander around. I decided to go to Macy´s downtown. I have been out a lot in New York and San Francisco where no one really seems to notice. Going out to a high traffic area in a medium sized city is new for me.

I went to Macy´s, walked around and no one seemed to pay attention to me. I looked at shoes, none in my size. Then I went upstairs and looked at the INC section, nothing interesting. Then I ended up at the MAC counter. There was only one sales lady and she was too busy, so I waited. Finally, I asked about a new concealer because it did not quite match my foundation. She sat me down and tried out a new option.

While I was seated, she began helping another woman, an attractive 40 something woman who was purchasing for her daughter. When the sales lady stepped in the back she started telling me a story about her daughter. I was impressed with myself for a bit; I think I had done a good job with my look and was really blending in. Then, I was a bit concerned. I think I can fake the female voice for a few small phrases, but if the sales lady did not come back, I might actually have to converse. Fortunately she came back and I was forgotten. It was a great experience.

Michelle 78
12-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Great story Sara, sounds like you had fun and you passed as well:) It must have been great to walk around Macy's just one of the girls. I must admit I would have panicked in that situation as well! my voice is work in progress Hugs Michelle

Ms. Laura
12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Awesome! Good for you, I'd love to go to a MAC. That sounds like a wonderful day just enjoying being yourself.

TerriM
12-15-2014, 02:45 PM
I love going to dept stores. The cosmetic counters are nice. Macy's is a good place.They have a friendly attitude towards TGs. At least that is what I have found.

fiseldon5
12-18-2014, 07:47 PM
I shopped for panties at Macys in San Francisco on a Sunday afternoon.
The SA helped me by explaining the size codes to me.
When paying for my goods I thanked her and she said she was pleased to help ... she was lovely.

Marcelle
12-19-2014, 04:45 AM
Hi Sara,

What a great story. It is always nice to be out and just engage in everyday activities, I find it helps normalize the whole experience. Did the concealer work out?

Hugs

Isha

sara.rafaela
12-19-2014, 01:44 PM
Hi Isha,

I have been getting more confident. I started going out about six years ago. I was so nervous, and I think my skills left a lot to be desired. Now it seems so normal, everything. The concealer worked.

Abraço,
Sara

Hi Sara,

What a great story. It is always nice to be out and just engage in everyday activities, I find it helps normalize the whole experience. Did the concealer work out?

Hugs

Isha

gennee
12-19-2014, 01:52 PM
A great story, Sara. Thank you for sharing.

:Party2:

Eryn
12-19-2014, 05:28 PM
Nice story and glad you had a good time! Mimi and I were shopping at the Northridge Macy's two days ago and found some lovely long sweaters on sale!