PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning up my act!

Ilsa
12-15-2014, 07:14 PM
Being as I am expecting company over this Christmas Holiday I decided I'd try doing my house work as Ilsa,or should I say Ilsa in the Donna Reed, Barbara Billingsley 1950's/60's persona; Taking the plunge and acting the way a woman was expected to act in that era. I say if you want to dress and act like a woman you should experience as many things about them as you can. So off I went – dusting, vacuuming, doing the laundry, the dishes, the decorations and some baking while dressed, including an apron.

And I must say that it gave me a greater appreciation of what those women did back then. Between raising children, cooking, cleaning and looking nice for their husbands when they came home from work was really quite a feat.

I got tired just dusting and doing the laundry.

I understand why women wanted to break the mold (no pun intended) and get out of the house.

So here's to recognizing what they accomplished then and now and being able to look beautiful in the process. Oh well, time to polish the furniture!

As Always,
Ilsa

Jackie7
12-15-2014, 07:18 PM
did you wear high heels?

Ilsa
12-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Low heels, 1". Bad knees!

paulaprimo
12-15-2014, 07:35 PM
if you run out of things to clean, just hop on 81S and hang a right at binghamton...
plenty of things here to clean, just a waiting for ya! :D

hope you have a wonderful holiday!!

Ilsa
12-15-2014, 07:38 PM
Will you supply the Manhattans?

michelle.foster
12-15-2014, 07:50 PM
I can appreciate all that, too. Our maid, Elsie, has been cleaning our place for a couple years now. She even got to chat with the post man one Saturday morning. Oops!

Ilsa
12-15-2014, 07:58 PM
Being as you're from SoCal, did the Postman Ring Twice and was it Jack Nickelson?:devil:

daarleane
12-15-2014, 10:04 PM
Understand where you are coming from. One year after my wife died I continued the Thanksgiving dinner tradition with my children and their families. I didn't dress while doing it, but I sure did learn a lot about how much work goes into one of these family traditions. I used to help her prepare these events before she got to sick to do it. I don't how they do it since they are supposed to be the "weaker sex". I just admire them and want to dress like them.

Michaelasfun
12-15-2014, 10:42 PM
I love dressing up and doing the cleaning, makes things so much more fun!!

Also nice avatar Daarleane, very cute!

Jenny Wilson
12-16-2014, 12:42 AM
When I had my condo, between marriages, I know I used to enjoy getting all femmed up and then doing the housework. Not to sound sexist, but it just seemed "right."

And yes, I was wearing heels, a dress, jewelry, makeup, nail polish and everything else a woman should be wearing.

Ally 2112
12-16-2014, 08:59 PM
I do all the house work and most times i dress i just enjoy it and it does make it a bit more enjoyable .I hate vacuuming :)

Angie G
12-16-2014, 09:03 PM
You go girl.:hugs:
Angie

rhondasmith42
12-20-2014, 09:39 AM
Wife gone for the weekend and she left me a list. I will be showering shortly. Vacuuming in 4 inch heels will be fun.

CarlaWestin
12-20-2014, 11:18 AM
Let me know if you need some help. You pay the airfare from Vegas.

Nikkilovesdresses
12-20-2014, 11:28 AM
How about a Sidecar?

A couple of those and you'll soon be merrily knocking over ornaments and vacuuming the cat.

docrobbysherry
12-20-2014, 02:02 PM
No idea how dressing could make house cleaning more appealing? I hate it! An, wouldn't like getting my maid's oufits dirty.

Besides, I probably wouldn't be able to concentrate on cleaning for very long. After seeing Sherry in my mirrors!

joank
12-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Welcome to my world for the past seven years (retirement). I still don't meet the expectations of the pros but I do it anyway, sometimes in low heels.

Beverley Sims
12-20-2014, 08:26 PM
I have had lazy days where I don't get dressed.
It's all too hard getting my dressing gown off.

Sallee
12-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Agreed worl is work regardless of your clothing and it is harder in heels

Crystal Beth
12-21-2014, 09:27 AM
I know what you're talking about Ilsa! I did the same thing a few weeks back. I cleaned the whole apartment and cooked dinner for my wife in full dress and 5 inch heels. I remember sayin to my self that it looked so easy on Leave It To Beaver. I also found my boobs getting in the way of some of the simpler tasks. I have heard women gripe about this, now I understand why, but I ain't complaining.

Dena
12-22-2014, 12:04 AM
Here's something interesting I stumbled acrosshttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/bustle/i-spent-a-week-as-a-50s-housewife-and-heres-what-my-pretty-little-head-learned_b_6220604.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Carolana
12-22-2014, 01:49 AM
I often have the task of doing house cleaning while my wife is at work and I have to say that it almost seems pointless not to be en femme in some way. But then I suppose it's more about looking forward to having an excuse to be Carolana and be doing something other than just parading around. Housework is just one activity that can help one to feel natural en femme. Being engaged in any typical task would serve the same purpose. Agreed?

Gardener
12-22-2014, 01:57 AM
The admiration extends even more so to the woman pre WW2 who, in the UK at least, did so much of the work without all the housefold aids we take for granted.

noeleena
12-22-2014, 04:41 AM
Hi,

Lets see now since we are the weaker sex then have a go at this on xmas day i,ll be in charge of 15 women who will be working in a kitchen doing food and serving for 120 people 6 will be my runners and will look after 2 tables each = 16 people each and serve ,

To day an other woman and i went and brought in more food and allmost have enough tomorrow ill get some more and some meat is being cooked by one man who is helping us ,

We have had food donated and money to cover costs and its a good budget $1400 so we are well prepared for the day ,

This is for our Community in Waimate manly for those who are lonely and no where to spend the day in others company ,

So we start looking at what we will do long before the day 6 months and 6 of us work out whats needed,this time was my domain , the dinner is based on a typical Kiwi summer time to gether for familys and friends , we do it for free and give of our time , So i wonder why i get roped in .... it must be the food ....of cause .

...noeleena...

SandraInHose
12-26-2014, 10:32 PM
For me, it's any excuse I can to dress. When the kids were younger and in school, whenever I came home early I'd always dress and often do chores around the house, like vacuuming, mopping, etc. Since they were on a set timetable at school, I had no fear of them surprising me.

Nowadays, the kids are actually adults in their early 20's still living at home, and they come and go at random. I can only imagine them walking in on me as I'm vacuuming the stairs in my miniskirt, heels, and hose, as I wouldn't hear them come in with the Dyson running!

BLUE ORCHID
12-27-2014, 07:45 AM
Hi Ilsa, It's like the old saying goes, "Try walking a mile in her shoes":hugs:.

Krisi
12-27-2014, 09:19 AM
I usually do the laundry and I usually do it dressed as a woman. If windows get washed it's me doing them but not dressed as a woman (can you figure out why?).

My wife has a system for vacuuming and doesn't really care to have me do it so she does that. She will be having a knee replacement soon so I guess she will have to put up with me doing it for a while.

I told her I was going to get a nurse outfit to wear while taking care of her but I haven't found one yet.

But I have to say it - Equating housework with women is pretty sexist.

BTW: If you're cooking wearing a wig, be very careful. Wigs can melt from oven heat and catch fire very easily from an open flame. I don't do any serious cooking wearing my wig.

Linda E. Woodworth
12-27-2014, 09:44 AM
I "LOVE" doing traditional female tasks while dressed around the house. Cook, cleaning, or laundry, bring it on I'm ready!

Carla, I loved the uniform and would like to know where you picked it up.

Rhonda Darling
12-27-2014, 10:00 AM
I find that I enjoy doing the housework more when dressed. My fiancé and I share the load pretty evenly, and don't split it along any stereotypical divide, but she is more than happy when Rhonda kicks into high gear and tears through laundry (including folding!), changing beds, kitchen cleanup, etc. etc.

Oh, and Ilsa, don't forget to polish all the silver!

Best to all.
Rhonda

Stephanie47
12-27-2014, 11:35 AM
I am an in-home cross dresser. I'm a child of the 1950's and 1960's. I'm a retiree with a wife who still works outside the home. I have ample opportunity to dress during the week, Mon-Fri for 7+ hours. I have taken over most of the domestic chores which includes laundry, ironing, vacuuming, dish washing (manual, no dish washer), baking, meal preparation, gardening. You'll find me in a dress, hosiery, heels, slip, bra, panty and my wig doing all these domestic chores. My wife has a hard day every day. When she was home and not working, she did these chores during the day. Now the heel is on the other foot.

nikki2014
12-27-2014, 09:32 PM
I am a stay at home dad. I truly am Mr Mom. I do all the cleaning, cooking and raising of kids. I have not ventured into the doing all the chores dressed up yet however it does sound very appealing. My SO works from home and makes it a bit tricky. We did once have a maid that came once every two weeks to clean the house. Once we had to cut back on some financial spending and the maid was the first to go. So I ended up cleaning the house from top to bottom. My SO even said I cleaned better than the maid. So I took it as a bit of a joke, went and dressed as the French Maid. I came back and when she looked over her shoulder from working she laughed. She said I guess if your going to fill those shoes you better do it right. She thought it was actually really cute. It even turned her on as well as me. That was about a year ago but it's only been the last month or so that I've come out to tell her my secret. She's been very supportive so far. Hope it continues too.