PDA

View Full Version : Aborted attempt because of the weather, grrrh!

silkycdresser
12-17-2014, 08:46 AM
For weeks I've had this day marked in my diary for going out fully en femme. But they got the weather wrong and the "light rain showers" predicted has in reality meant constant, light rain all day, which would definitely soak my clothing if I walked or stood in it for even a few minutes. I wanted to walk in the city, not in a mall as I don't feel comfortable in malls, so have aborted. The next time I can dress is next year, but at least it's only two weeks away :sad:

Melanie B
12-17-2014, 08:51 AM
Don'let the rain dampen your enthusiasm!
How about an umbrella?

Jaylyn
12-17-2014, 08:54 AM
It seems the weather this year has been so unpredictable even to the weather men. You definitely don't want to get soaked but if you are off and have time guess you could still dress and have a slight change of plans and just be yourself inside. No sense wasting a time to dress.

silkycdresser
12-17-2014, 09:01 AM
I work from home two days every week so often get the time to dress inside, which I don't find is as exciting any more.

I could use an umbrella but it's windy and I can imagine the rain getting driven into my legs, plus traffic will be slower so I would have less time to shower, dress, go out, walk about and come back before my SO arrives home.

Stoopid weather!

Jean 103
12-17-2014, 09:21 AM
Weather, there is always next time. Next time take it as a challenge, and go with it, for this one I would have suggested jacket/sweater, jeans/skinny, and boots. It may not be what you wanted to wear but it builds confidence. I get it the mall with same kids and the like. That’s why I prefer thrift stores and my fav Payless Shoes. Don’t let the weather stop you, unless it is extreme.

franlee
12-17-2014, 01:38 PM
I would look at it as part of the experience just as a GG would have too in the same situation. Of course I get a rush from out of the ordinary events.

Debra Russell
12-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Yeah! try Oregon - just the way it is, if it is a plan just do it - no other choice, but to enjoy what it is............................Debra

Karan
12-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Maybe have an umbrella as an accessory?

docrobbysherry
12-18-2014, 01:25 PM
"When it rains, it rains, pennies from heaven."

Just remember to turn your umbrella upside down! :daydreaming:

Beverley Sims
12-18-2014, 07:31 PM
I have destroyed nice clothing by getting it wet.
Once the dye run and I had blue skin like in Avatar.