PDA

View Full Version : Patch Goo

Persephone
12-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Does anyone else have problems with adhesive seeping out around Estradiol patches?

How do you get it off of yourself and your clothes?

Hugs,
Persephone.

I Am Paula
12-17-2014, 08:39 PM
I never had a problem with getting it on my clothes, but my butt is a different story. I've got little black rectangles that resist just about any known solvent. Both alcohol, and nail polish remover work, but both will leave red marks if you scrub too hard. Good luck!

Angela Campbell
12-17-2014, 08:49 PM
never a problem with the clothes......the stuff on the butt ...weelll I didn't worry about it, I don't show it much.

Nicole Erin
12-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Not the best stuff for your skin but maybe mineral spirits would get rid of it. That stuff dissolves grease, oil, sticky stuff, etc. Try at your own risk. It smells weird but doesn't hurt or anything Just wash the area with actual soap after.

Jenessa
12-17-2014, 11:47 PM
GooGone maybe? Just a thought.

MarieTS
12-18-2014, 12:31 AM
I've used alcohol rubs/pads with great success. I use them at night when I change to shower.

BOBBI G.
12-18-2014, 06:22 AM
I can't identify with this problem, but I have problems with them staying on. They come off in the shower. I merely take a length of paper tape and cover the patch and they are good for a week and come off with no residue.

Bobbi

Sandra
12-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Try baby oil on the body, works for Nigella.

Alex R
12-18-2014, 02:27 PM
As above nail polish remover takes off the black rectangular marks

You have to scrub a bit but the red marks disappear quickly

Of course WD40 (http://wd40.com) would definitely work but haven't had the courage to try

Diana L
12-18-2014, 03:16 PM
This is kind of a guy solution but I have used WD40 on all kinds of sticky things.

Rachel Smith
12-18-2014, 03:51 PM
I soften mine up with baby oil first then rub with my exfoliating glove. Done while in the shower.

I Am Paula
12-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Once again, a surprising thread. I thought I was certainly the only one with television screen tattoos on my caboose. It took a week to get all the sharpie, and tape marks off my boobs after surgery.

becky77
12-19-2014, 03:28 AM
Yes, Oil works great. My patches have very strong adhesive, I wipe a little body oil on it then leave it for a few minutes and it just wipes off with a flannel. No more scrubbing and red skin.

GabbiSophia
12-19-2014, 07:21 AM
I hate the stuff. I have the Olympic rings on me. I haven't tried baby oil yet and will try. I do know that scrubbing the skin makes the area to raw

BOBBI G.
12-19-2014, 07:28 AM
Back in the days of my wearing appliances, I had gone to Janet's Closet for her adhesive remover. Worked on the applied items and my skin with no adverse affects. It may work on clothing as well

Bobbi

Laura912
12-21-2014, 09:02 PM
Ronsonol lighter fluid works well. There is no residual, does not affect clothes. Just used on a friend who is post op breast surgery.

donnalee
12-22-2014, 09:36 PM
Naptha (the ingredient in Ronsonol) can cause a nasty skin irritation if left on, so make sure to wash it off thoroughly (no odor left).
My SO needed daily patches and I was never able to find a solvent to take it off without causing more damage, so this thread has me interested.

Eryn
12-23-2014, 01:45 AM
Wow, some definite gear-head suggestions in this thread!

I've found that most all sticky things yield to ordinary skin lotion if it is kept applied for a while. Take some Saran Wrap, put a big dab of skin lotion on it. apply to the sticky spot, and leave it in place for a half-hour or so. At that point the adhesive should wipe off.

I'd be very leery of solvents as the skin under the patch is already very sensitive simply because it has been absorbing the hormone and the chemicals needed to breach the skin barrier.

Persephone
12-23-2014, 03:31 AM
Thanks everyone!

For some reason the Baby Oil doesn't seem to work on my residue, even if I do a couple of applications and leave it for a while.

Eryn, I think I'm going to try your skin lotion and Saran Wrap idea next as it sounds like the least toxic!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Laura912
12-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Not trying to sound defensive, but I personally use the Rosonol light fluid without skin irritation and just take a daily shower without any special efforts to was the area where it was applied. Other brands of lighter fluid leave a bit of residue.

Frances
12-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Lint gets caught in the glue a little. I use Solvo Plast II to remove the glue after removing a patch. It's used in hospital. Super cheap too.

Starling
12-24-2014, 04:41 PM
I'm pretty sure naphtha is not at all good for you, as it was removed from household cleaning products in the US years ago, as was carbon tetrachloride. It is absorbed through the skin and can affect internal organs. Please check it out at http://www.cdc.gov, which is the US Centers For Disease Control website. I never had trouble with excess adhesive myself, but I did lose patches in the shower occasionally. I like Bobbi G's solution for that problem.

Happy Unsticky-but-also-Unslippery Holidays!

:) Lallie

Eryn
12-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Windex!

(Sorry, had a My Big Fat Greek Wedding flashback! :)

I've cleaned my hands with several nasty solvents but, considering how my skin now looks, I wish I hadn't