PDA

View Full Version : Music for crossdressing

"Gabriela"
12-17-2014, 08:37 PM
Hi all!

I'd like to know which musical artists and genres you like to listen to when while you crossdress...

I love Tori Amos for instance. Her voice is so feminine and relaxing that it fits perfectly!

Hugs!

Humana

Alice Torn
12-18-2014, 08:14 PM
I listen to mostly classical. I remember the insrumental from the 60's "music to watch girls by". LOL And, "Standing on the corner, watching all the girls go by." LOL Ravel's Bolero! LOL. I usually do listen to classical, such as Tchaikovsky, and the great classical symphonies, piano, and violin, mandolin works of the masters, but some old country, old rock, easy listening, big ban era, swing.

Angie G
12-18-2014, 08:22 PM
I still love classic rock mostly 50's and 60's and some newer like Lady In Red.:hugs:
Angie

ashleymcculloch90
12-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Tegan and Sara
Foxy Shazam
And Pandora radio

-Ashley

Kate Simmons
12-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Mostly 70's (Disco) and 80's stuff but I also dance to them. keeps me limber. :battingeyelashes::)

lynda
12-19-2014, 05:48 AM
hi ,i like to play songs by stevie nicks and i also like to dress like her, hugs lynda

Melissa in SE Tn
12-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Lynda, super response!!!

Ericaxd
12-19-2014, 08:52 AM
I love Broadway show tunes, especially oldies like Cole Porter--"Anything Goes"

Barbara Jo
12-19-2014, 01:03 PM
Personally, I like the same music whether "dressed" or not... mainly classic rock..... mostly late '60, though the '80s.
I'm exactly the same person no matter what I'm wearing.

In fact, just yesterday I got 3 classic vinyl LPs..... original NM pressings, not reissues .

1) Dire Straits - self titled
2) Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
30 Good rats - Ratcity In Blue

Jaylyn
12-19-2014, 01:49 PM
I listen to the same music wether dressed or not.... I like country but not the new country stuff no later than George Strait
I also grew up in the sixties so naturally I love the old rock n roll stuff from then to the early seventies. Sometimes when dressed I get my guitars out and play to the ones I know from when we used to have a band in high school.

vallerie lacy
12-19-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm partial to Sara Brightman's "Time To Say Goodbye" or anything by Loreena McKennitt

Ilsa
12-19-2014, 02:10 PM
As I post this I'm listening to (www.radioveronica.us/breezylisten.pls). Just the title suggest the idea of wearing a flowing cotton dress and walking through, or skipping through a field of flowers.

If you like Sinatra, Streisand, Torme, Vaughn, Bennett, Fitzgerald I highly recommend.

As Always,

Ilsa

Amy Fakley
12-19-2014, 02:37 PM
My taste in music doesn't really change based on my gender mode, but I do find that small - combo jazz with piano is my go-to "getting pretty" soundtrack. Not sure why, it just fits the mood for me.

Julie Denier
12-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Amy F -- you and Ilsa sound like girls after my own heart ;)

As I post this I'm listening to (www.radioveronica.us/breezylisten.pls). Just the title suggest the idea of wearing a flowing cotton dress and walking through, or skipping through a field of flowers.

If you like Sinatra, Streisand, Torme, Vaughn, Bennett, Fitzgerald I highly recommend.

As Always,

Ilsa

reb.femme
12-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Doesn't change for me whether en girl or boy. My normal music, if it can be called that, is Vocal Trance, played mainly in the car. However, I love stuff from Classical (Elgar's Nimrod from Enigma Variations is a favourite), through the Carpenters to good old Heavy Rock, ala Purple, Zep and Hawkwind. Effectively, I'll listen to whatever's on, no matter my mode.

My only preference is that I like purely female vocals for my VT (definitely no guys), for Rock it can only be male and anyone goes in any other genre. Strange but there it is.

Rebecca - somewhat out of the ordinary

Mink
12-19-2014, 08:04 PM
when in guy mode: Girly Pop!

rihanna, taylor swift, katy perry, tatu, avril lavigne, Britney etc

when in girl mode: Death Metal!

metallica, children of bodom, slipknot, slayer, sepulture, ozzy etc

IRON MAIDEN!

hoho!

Lily Catherine
12-20-2014, 07:50 AM
I don't listen to music while crossdressed, in part because I have to be alert when doing so. Then again, I've recorded my music in drag before, if only because I was left alone for two days with nobody home!

sabrinaedwards
12-20-2014, 08:30 AM
I have a CD from Victoria Secret that is all classical music. I only play this CD when I getting dressed and putting on makeup. It is so melodic and just puts me in that "pretty" mode.
Love, Sabrina

sabrinaedwards
12-20-2014, 08:31 AM
I have a CD from Victoria Secret that is all classical music. I only play this CD when I getting dressed and putting on makeup. It is so melodic and just puts me in that "pretty" mode.
Love, Sabrina

Mink
12-21-2014, 05:55 AM
Sometimes Victoria's Secret would be playing some pretty groovy music in the store whilst shopping (shooping!) which only added to the fun / girly experience!

stuff like robyn or the cardigans! or annie!

cdinmd206
12-21-2014, 06:23 AM
My taste in music stays the same weather I am dressed or not. I enjoy just all types of music, but can only take blue grass for about 15 minutes. My all time favorites are:
Guy
Jimmy Buffett
Michael McCloud (Key West performer at Schonner Wharf bar)

Female
Stevie Nicks
Nadrah Shakoor (Back singer for Jimmy Buffett, man this lady can wail and she can walk on my chest with heels as long as she is singing LOL)

Group Trans SIberian Orchestra (Saw then in concert in DC last Wednesday evening)
Eagles

Crystal Beth
12-21-2014, 09:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPuRvtqb95E
This is a fun one by title alone and the song is fantastic. I love 70's glam too. Bowie, sweet, Slade, Mott the Hoople, New York Dolls. Go figure.

tammie
12-21-2014, 11:03 AM
Sinatra of course as stated earlier he is the master vocalist , then Stevie Ray Vaughn is sensational , and for his artistry with both pen and Martin guitar Willie Nelson , still packing venues in his 80s.

Love to play also when I am dressed . Once pretended to be a geisha took my uke with me to spend an evening with a man who invited me to his hotel. I am not sure but my date said I was wonderful , not sure if it was my playing ,or my playing he was

referring to , but it was an excellent evening.

Adriana Moretti
12-21-2014, 12:13 PM
It really depends on my mood....doing my makeup i keep it mellow with either classical, jazz, or roots reggae....pre-gaming is usually some sort of electronic dance music...or sometimes I go on an 80's kick ..or 60.s rock....

scarletcd
12-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Against me!
Queen
AC/DC

That's all I need in my life haha

Glorialovesheels
12-21-2014, 08:02 PM
never really listen to music when crossdressed either.. but I do have a "girly" playlist that I listen too when im in the mood katy perry,demi lovato, Kelly Clarkson,ariana grande..

most of the time its classic rock like, rush, yes, or old metal like metallica, iron maiden, danzig etc

scarletcd
12-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Tegan and Sara

Great to see some Tegan & Sara love here :D

"Gabriela"
12-21-2014, 10:44 PM
I've had a lot of fun with all the replies! Music is one of those things that makes us human and spiritual beings in one way or another. I'll catch up with some of the references listed! For me, music has the power to influence my mood, so having some girly music at hand comes great when CDing.

Hugs!

Humana

amyjacks2014
12-21-2014, 10:58 PM
^.^

How about Katy Perry. The last time I heard Teenage Dream, I thought it was interesting to hear it
from a woman's PoV.

Amy M. Jackson

Sarah V
12-30-2014, 12:29 PM
When enfemme, mostly classical or jazz. Something I DO NOT listen to when in boi mode.

vixenvicki
12-30-2014, 04:08 PM
If I'm in a femme mood (not necessarily dressed) I tend to listen to girl rock. Sheryl Crow, Alanis Morisette, Kelly Clarkson, Dana International, ABBA, Liz Phair, Sara McLachlan, and/or the Indigo Girls.

Mink
12-30-2014, 05:23 PM
Dressing Up to Make Music to Dress Up To!

jackielynn
12-30-2014, 05:46 PM
I have to listen to Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" only because it's so deliciously cheesy I can't resist. Other than that, modern female pop artists make me feel more feminine.

Victoria StJohn
02-22-2015, 01:34 PM
This song should be suitable for a few of us girls. Lou Reid sings 'Makeup'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TFb03PmScY

Beverley Sims
02-22-2015, 02:11 PM
The only thing I do specially for dressing is play Helen Shapiro songs.
I use them for voice training.
No other reason to specifically listen to any type of music.

Sarah L
02-22-2015, 02:13 PM
I love Broadway show tunes, especially oldies like Cole Porter--"Anything Goes"

I must go to amazon or itunes and download that one!

Sarah L
02-22-2015, 02:20 PM
When I first started going out dressed, I wouldn't even have the stereo going. I wouldn't even notice what was playing.

Now, I just put the ipod on shuffle and enjoy the music. Jimi Hendrix is probably my favorite artist right now, but I listen to alot of 80s metal groups. Listening to Y & T right now. Terrible name for a pretty good band. What can you do?

It doesn't change depending on how I am dressed.

marilyn m
02-22-2015, 04:33 PM
oh blondie
kylie
cher
katy perry
britney, maddona, lady ga ga oestrogen loded music lol :cowdance:

VAWyman
02-22-2015, 04:58 PM
My musical tastes are pretty eclectic, drab or en femme makes no difference to me. But I cannot tolerate rap or heavy metal. Just grates on my nerves too much. Right now I'm kinda into indie pop. It's just fun to listen to.

MetalGirlNikki
02-22-2015, 10:04 PM
as soon as i slide on a skirt, the music HAS to be something i can shake my booty too. i especially love rock music that you can dance to (ex. white trash millionaire, drink drank drunk, boss' daughter)

Kimonogirl
02-23-2015, 12:57 AM
I listen very melancholy Russian accordion songs such as Yablochko/On the Manchurian Hills or songs about Soviet-Afghanistan war.
I feel like I have original sinned these days so I relieve my anguish with most sad songs...

JeanetteX
02-23-2015, 07:04 AM
When dressed I listen to female artists like Jewel, Norah Jones, Enya and Linda Ronstad. Back to male mode and I switch back to rock music with bands like Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Def Leppard or AC/DC

Lily Catherine
03-02-2015, 11:31 AM
I think back, and I realize both Sixpence none the Richer and Eisley in particular give me that temporary feeling of standing in a field in a light-coloured sundress with a full skirt and letting the wind caress (for lack of a better word) my cheeks and play with my hair, even when I'm in 'home clothes' - sleeveless T-shirt, shorts, generic male briefs.

Tracii G
03-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Starlight I love your avater.
I'm a big Hi watt amp fan and have the predecessor to it.
Made by the same guy just an older version.
I love the girl metal bands from the 80's and some current ones too.I tend to gravitate towards girl bands always have.
Vixen was one of my faves.

Mark/Rebecca
03-09-2015, 05:38 PM
Lately I have been listening to Cafe De Paris on radiotunes.
The french language when in song is such a feminine and romantic sound. It really helps get me in the zone.
Becca

Petra222
03-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Starlight I love your avater.
I'm a big Hi watt amp fan and have the predecessor to it.
Made by the same guy just an older version.
I love the girl metal bands from the 80's and some current ones too.I tend to gravitate towards girl bands always have.
Vixen was one of my faves.

As far a metal girl bands go from that era it has to be Girls school, who could forget the St Valentines Day massacre EP with Motorhead :)

Khora
03-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Ke$ha!!! :D

CD_Princess1234
03-09-2015, 11:40 PM
Anita Baker.....

MissTee
03-10-2015, 12:46 AM
Hmm, good question and one I've never really thought about. I haven't noticed my taste in music changing rather I'm dressed in femme, in drab, or just plain naked. I just love music of all kinds. I feel my mood (happy, sad, melancholy, etc.) drives my preference more than the clothes.

AmyVanessa
03-10-2015, 08:21 PM
As Amy I like ABBA, Eurythmics, Gloria Gaynor, the Ting Tings, among others.
I like many different types of music

AprilMayy<3
03-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Taylor Swift :daydreaming:

stacy956
03-10-2015, 09:45 PM
colbie caillat try ....:)

Barbara Black
03-10-2015, 10:12 PM
scarletcd: Love Queen, probably my favorite group. AC/DC, I can't stand the screaming (singer). LOL. To answer this thread, I love to watch a few Queen videos, (yes, including "I want to break free", while dressed. Mostly though, I prefer the music of nature, sitting out on the deck with a gentle breeze blowing up my skirt.

Ozark
03-10-2015, 10:53 PM
I listen to mostly classical. I remember the insrumental from the 60's "music to watch girls by". LOL And, "Standing on the corner, watching all the girls go by."

Evening Ma'am.

Would you mind saying that again?

I said Evening Ma'am.

Big D, little a..... ah, a mosta happy fellow!

CrossKimmy
03-18-2015, 12:51 AM
such a cute thread

I always listen to a playlist of ultra girly power music

Katy Perry
Spice Girls
Britney Spears
Xtina A
Carrie Underwood
Pink

and our supergurl anthem "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain

There's nothing that gets me in gurl mode than these fab ladies empowering voices

je55ie
03-21-2015, 02:27 PM
i really like to listen to Garbage and the added bonus is that with Shirley being trans/cd friendly they have some appropriately themed songs too, you should defo check them out, trust me it's a good shout indeed ;)

Sindyca
03-22-2015, 05:37 AM
Best for everything working,thinking,crossdressing is uplifting eletronic music

victoria76
03-22-2015, 01:13 PM
Katy Perry and Rihanna always works for me. :)

Kirsty Louise
03-23-2015, 09:56 AM
I generally listen to the same music CD-ing or not, most music attracts a wide audience, I feel the vibe either way.

CountessVF
03-24-2015, 02:56 PM
Cowboys from hell - Pantera, naturally.

Never thought of putting music on. Too busy trying to listen for the neighbors coming to my door. Paranoia? Maybe. But what if......

NANNETTE
03-24-2015, 06:49 PM
I tend to listen to the music of glamorous divas when I am dressed. I sing and dance in the mirror to the music of Vicki Carr, Shirley Bassey and british singer Kathy Kirby. I love it makes me feel so girly.

Brooke B
03-24-2015, 09:59 PM
Katy Perry fan here!

Mink
03-26-2015, 05:01 PM
just think of Eno and Music For Airports

more like

Music For Crossdressing!

Ambient V!

Bridget Ann Gilbert
04-05-2015, 03:06 PM
Just made the rookie move of posting something like this without checking for an existing thread. My bad. Have seen some good artist listed. I would like to add the Sweedish group Roxette with their songs "The Look" and "Dressed For Success".

BLUE ORCHID
04-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Hi Gaberila, I just pop in the eagles CD.:daydreaming:

irene9999
04-05-2015, 09:17 PM
I don't really listen to music while cd'ing but any time I hear anything female pop (such as Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, Britney Spears) it reminds me of my cd persona

Jane G
04-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Dressed or not I enjoy, what ever is playing on 4 Music, or Viva, so Pop music I guess. Stuff from my youth that I love to listen to occasionally, MJ, Kraftwork, OMD, Pink Floyd, Zee Zee Top, Queen, even A bit of Cliff Richard.

Currently listening to Elle Golding.

jacques
04-06-2015, 02:43 PM
sing along to "You make me feel like a natural woman"!
luv J

Bridget Ann Gilbert
04-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Thought about this thread some more and came up with a playlist for getting made up and dressed. Not that my life right now allows for that sort of thing, but its fun to fantasize what it would be like.This my not suit everone's taste, but if you think life should come with a soundtrack then consider these tunes.

The Look by Roxette
Dude (Looks Like A Lady) (Cheesy, but you know it goes)
All American Girl by Melissa Ethridge
Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benetar
Love Me by Katy Perry
Happy Girl by Martina McBride
I'm Alive by Celine Dion
I Do Not Hook Up by Kelly Clarkson
International Smile by Katy Perry
I Feel Free by Belinda Carlisle
Dressed For Success by Roxette
Back in Black by AC/DC
Roar by Katy Perry

Life is too short to not have fun.

Cheers,
Bridget

Alice_2014_B
04-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Never really thought about this one.
At my house I usually do not have any music on whilst dressed up.
If its a late Saturday night I'll turn on my favorite music radio station for a show that comes on called "Metal Shop" (only on Saturday nights, 10 to 2. They play the heaviest of the heaviest and blackest of the black metal.
While dressed up at Stevie's for band practice we'll have some of the best 80's and 90's songs blasting through the incredibly loud sound system there.
:)

Barbara Dugan
04-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Not sure why but for me is Depeche Mode

sometimes_miss
04-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Oddly, I've seen this thread in the list before but it never occured to me that there was music connected to my crossdressing. Until today. Of course, as a kid, I always had the radio playing whenever I could; music was one of my escapes from my miserable reality. And, although there was a radio in the place where I was molested, for some reason it was never turned on when it happened, but I never thought about why (on reflection, it would make sense that my abuser would want to be able to hear if anyone was coming up the stairs when we were 'doing it', and that's why the music was never on at those times). But still, I almost always had my little 9v transistor radio with me, and played it when walking home. While reading the thread list again today, the Beatles 'Penny Lane' was playing, and it took me back to the days when all that was going on, and I remembered a particular day, what went on, and what outfit I was wearing. That was almost 50 years ago. But now that song will forever remind me of feeling like a girl. I suppose there are others, but I cannot recall them at the moment.

Chrissi
04-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Love classic rock, blues, pop and disco, 60s and 70s and 80s; Really anything that I can either play or sing along to or wiggle and bop and shimmy and shake to. I even like new age stuff.

I have some favorites, but I am amazed at all the new stuff and styles that continues to originate from local non-top 40 bands.

if it moves me, I like it...oh either boy or girl, although I really like to shimmy and wiggle and sing along as a girl
Chrissy

Stacy Lyn
04-09-2015, 02:43 AM
I don't really have a connection between dressing and music however the last chance l had to dress l was listening to Lana del Ray.

Jorja
04-09-2015, 05:02 AM
I love it all! From Etta James to The Band Perry. From Jefferson Airplane to Ed Sheeran. You walk into my home there will always be something playing in the background. If it is something I really like, it will get cranked and a dance party will break out. Some days there are more dance parties than work getting done but that is life.

Janine cd
04-09-2015, 08:50 PM
I love classical music, especially operatic works by Maria Callas.

Curiosity666
04-11-2015, 12:34 AM
when in guy mode: Girly Pop!

rihanna, taylor swift, katy perry, tatu, avril lavigne, Britney etc

when in girl mode: Death Metal!

metallica, children of bodom, slipknot, slayer, sepulture, ozzy etc

IRON MAIDEN!

hoho!

\m/ Everyone needs more Slipknot, Metallica, and Maiden (Hope Bruce gets better soon!) in their lives.

If I want something to (try) and sing along to I bust out Halestorm and In This Moment.

Lzzy Hale is my idol lately, love her 90's rock chick style.