PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

donnalee
12-20-2014, 05:07 AM
"Thanks For The Mammaries" (with posthumous apologies to Bob Hope, ASCAP or MCA and the composer, Ralph Rainger, [lyrics not by Leo Robin])

Thanks, for the mammaries;
The docs gave me some pills, that give me such a thrill,
The best success were growing breasts,and those are with me still,
I thank you so much.

And thanks, for the melodies,
They caused me such a pang, my heart and soul just rang.
That Billie, Carmen, Ella F., and Betty Carter sang,
I love them, so much.

Much of the time was just wasted,
Being too male I have tasted,
Being a girl second placed it,
Now I wear a dress, such happiness,

So thanks, to Crossdressers,
I've learned so much on here, it now has been 6 years,
I've gotten dinged, but still I sing, your praises far and near,
I thank you, so much.

(c) Donna Lee 2014

(Sung to the tune of "Thanks For the Memory", Bob Hope's theme song for most of his career.)

Katey888
12-20-2014, 05:54 AM
:)

So that gave me a smile this morning...

Bob Hope... Now there was a latent crossdresser if ever there was....? :thinking:

Katey x

donnalee
12-20-2014, 06:17 AM
In actuality, he crossdressed on stage a number of times, following Milton Berle, I believe.
And thanks!

Claire Cook
12-20-2014, 06:22 AM
Donna,

Thank YOU so much! This is wonderful -- [obviously better than the original :battingeyelashes:]-- I think you have written OUR theme song!

Hugs,

Claire

kimdl93
12-20-2014, 08:30 AM
Just heard a bio of Bob hope on Fresh Air, and they played the original. I remember Bob Hope long after his hey day when age had diminished him, but he was a big deal once.

Thanks for the song.

donnalee
12-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Donna,

Thank YOU so much! This is wonderful -- [obviously better than the original :battingeyelashes:]-- I think you have written OUR theme song!

Hugs,

Claire And thank you. What a wonderful compliment - I'm blushing! :o

Just heard a bio of Bob hope on Fresh Air, and they played the original. I remember Bob Hope long after his hey day when age had diminished him, but he was a big deal once.

Thanks for the song.And here I thought you were about my age (you must be much younger). Hope was a huge star for most of my early life.
During the '60s & 70s he received a large amount af abuse from the left because he was still performing for the troops while the Vietnam war was going on. (The draft was then in force and most of the soldiers were not there by choice.) Here's this famous and incredibly wealthy man putting his life in jeopardy in order to provide a few hours of relief from combat for some grunts. He did this up into his 80s.

Beverley Sims
12-21-2014, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the nice comments.