PDA

View Full Version : Great experience

Kandi Robbins
12-20-2014, 02:46 PM
It's amazing as I peel the onion back on this whole thing, what I get to experience and learn about myself. Yesterday, I went for a "transformation consultation" at a local salon and spa. (If any of you girls that live in the Cleveland area are looking for a place like this to be yourself, let me know and I'll give you the details.)

The owner sat with me right in the middle of the spa and I had a very open and comfortable conversation with her about my crossdressing and what I am looking to do. I'm sitting there looking every bit the truck driver I am, 3 day growth, all grubby coming over right after work. She was delightful and engaging and really made me feel like this is normal (which I know it is, but am working to feel that way). Ladies all around, hair getting styled, nails done, etc. and me sticking out like a sore thumb, but feeling incredibly welcome. She asked about my style, which I answered without thought, just as natural as can be. She told me that I could look pretty good, so either she is a good sales person, or an incredible make up artist.

Next month I am planning my first outing to a support group meeting and she's going to spackle me up so I look presentable. If all goes well, I may even allow pictures to be taken! We'll see.

Anyway, just wanted to "tell" someone.

Happy holidays, all.
Kandi

Jenniferathome
12-20-2014, 02:51 PM
Have fun! It'll be easy.

start thinking about where you will go afterwards. Theatre? Movies? Dinner with the normals? It's all good

lynda
12-20-2014, 02:58 PM
hi kandi,ust want to say have fun .it sounds great .hug love lynda

BeckyW
12-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Hi Kandi- Could you PM me with the details? I'm in the Akron area.

Thanks!

Beverley Sims
12-20-2014, 03:21 PM
Kandi,
What great support you have there.

Michelle 78
12-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Hi Kandi, sounds like fun enjoy!

JocelynJames
12-20-2014, 03:55 PM
We need a place like this in Massachusetts. All I know I learned here, from the SO and living it for 30+ years

Julie Denier
12-20-2014, 04:59 PM
That's great, Kandi! Believe me, if I can look halfway decent en femme, anyone can. Can't wait to hear all about your experience - and hopefully see some pics! ;)

Linda Leigh
12-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Kandi, have fun and I am sure you will look great :)

Katey888
12-21-2014, 04:23 AM
Kandi - what a super experience for you and what a great person she is.. :cheer: Oh, and hopefully both a great sales person AND makeup artiste... :)

Good to have a venue already planned for post-transformation and somewhere that should be supportive and confidence building for you...

Of course, we want to hear all about it after.... :D

Katey x

Nikkilovesdresses
12-21-2014, 04:44 AM
That's great, Kandi. I hope you have a great time!

Marcelle
12-21-2014, 05:01 AM
Hi Kandi,

Sounds like a great and inviting place. Enjoy the experience and enjoy the outing afterwards.

Hugs

Isha