PDA

View Full Version : Finally got out!!!!!

april_lynn
12-20-2014, 06:09 PM
So this afternoon the opportunity presented itself for me to dress and head out so I swallowed my fear and headed out. I went to different stores which went pretty well. One of the clerks even complimented me on my sweater and tried to strike up a conversation which was when I realized that I really, really need to work on my voice. I am not sure if she read me or not, but she didn't say anything if she did. I just became much more nervous with the thought of having to talk to people! Needless to say I wish that I would have tried some things on but I just browsed. I did realize one mannerism that can get you read quickly....waiting for women to go before you. As a man, I always hold the door for women and allow them to go before me. When I did this going on to one of the stores, it did cause the other women to give me a look over, not sure if she read me or not. For everyone that hasn't ventured out yet, DO IT! It is so wonderful to finally be out and feel like yourself and feel normal! Attached is my picture from my outing for anyone that wants to see. I just went with jeans and a sweater in order to blend in.

Hugs to everyone!
April

Launa
12-20-2014, 06:15 PM
Good for you. Now you can go out more often and you'll see that it gets easier. As far as being read, you probably were because few of us can pass unless we are on hormones etc...

KC Samanatha
12-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Awesome time April. I am hoping to get out soon as well. Way to go and yeah the sweater is super cute.

sara.rafaela
12-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Hi April, congratulations on going out. I am glad you had a great experience.

Sara

franlee
12-20-2014, 07:01 PM
Congrad's! The picture sure backs up the idea of your positive experience. You should blend with no problems the clothes and your appearance is so natural it doesn't draw any questions. I hope you continue to enjoy your outings. And maintain your confidence.

Beverley Sims
12-20-2014, 08:23 PM
April,
Get OUT there and you have the right sort of smile to exchange with OTHER women you will meet. :)

Jean 103
12-20-2014, 08:54 PM
good for you hun.it should become easier the more you go out , to the point of read/not read. makes no difference.

Bria
12-20-2014, 10:09 PM
It just gets easier the more you go out!

Hugs, Bria

Julie Denier
12-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Good for you, April! Nice pic ;)

justmetoo
12-20-2014, 11:02 PM
Congratulations! Good work. You look good and casual for a day of shopping. It's usually hard for me to judge from photos, but I think probably most people wouldn't give it you second thought as being a "guy in women's clothing".

Rosaliy Lynne
12-21-2014, 12:46 AM
Congratulations Lynn.

You did well. The first foray (or two) out en femme can be a little scary but once you pass that first [few] time[s] you will become more confident in your presentation. Practice makes perfect, or close enough anyway. Don't worry about being read. As one who lives 24/7 en femme, I am sure I get read. I don't even notice it anymore. As for my voice - well sometimes I pay attention but even then, it will give me away. Oh well. I blend in ok though so that is the best I can expect. The acceptance has been a tremendous boost to me.

Rachelakld
12-21-2014, 12:48 AM
Well done and I also wouldn't have read you.
Sometimes the doors get opened for me, but I will also always be a gentleman, regardless of my appearance

nicoleb
12-21-2014, 01:33 AM
Congratulations and thanks for sharing the story.

Nikkilovesdresses
12-21-2014, 02:29 AM
Well done April - wonder where you'll go next...

Marcelle
12-21-2014, 05:13 AM
Hi April . . . YAY! :cheer:

The first time out is always the hardest and once you get more used to being out . . . you will try things on. It is all about finding your comfort zone now and working up your self-confidence. Yeah the voice is always tricky but I have come to the conclusion I will get read at some point so I try my best (voice wise) and I find people just really don't care all that much.

Hugs

Isha

Michelle 78
12-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Well done April!!

Thanks for sharing

Shell

Jamie Lynn
12-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Way to go April!!!! You look great and we're waiting for the next adventure!!

Clea
12-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Congratulations April, and you look great! This still seems like an unreachable goal for me, but posts like yours are an inspiration. Thanks!

carrie2014
12-21-2014, 04:49 PM
love your picture you look great

april_lynn
12-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Clea- you look great! There is no goal that is unreachable! Just goals that might take time and the right opportunity and then you just need to reach and and grab it. Plus, look at all of the great support on here! The girls on here are the best, and the reason that I finally got up the courage to go out!

Keep looking forward!

Glorialovesheels
12-21-2014, 08:15 PM
congrats hun, ive never really ventured out as a women.. only a couple token "Halloween" parties were everyone had no idea that I was dressing up as a women on a regular basis ...I did try once to make it to a drag show and cd friendly bar but couldn't fine parking nearby and was too scared/embarrassed to walk by myself a distance to get to the club

ReallyRobyn
12-21-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm brand new here, and your post is absolutely inspiring to read:) I'm sure the forum is going to help me gain the self confidence to present myself as well. That's wonderful April, congrats on your magical day!

Paula_Femme
12-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Congratulations April... onwards and upwards!!! :cheer:

Nataliebabe
12-21-2014, 09:44 PM
congrats April! I`m glad that you had a good time and things went well!

Eringirl
12-21-2014, 09:58 PM
Awesome April! And great job on choice of wardrobe. Sounds like you blended in well. Look out Ohio, April is on the loose!! :)

Erin

"Gabriela"
12-21-2014, 10:39 PM
Congrats April! I've never gone out as a girl but I'm really thinking about doing it soon, first to a bar, then shopping :D

Hugs!

Humana

Sarah V
12-30-2014, 12:28 PM
Congratulations!! From the pic you posted, it looks like you did a wonderful job with it. I would be hard pressed to say you were not a GG lady if looking at you from a distance.

Alice_2014_B
02-28-2015, 06:43 PM
Very awesome!
And thanks for the “waiting for women to go before you” rule. That’s just what I am referring to as in this post. I imagine that just holding the door open for a woman whilst en femme yourself may not always be obvious; however, I bet using the “you first” arm gesture would definitely give one away.

:)