PDA

View Full Version : Closet dressers: You've told your teen or adult kids and---------?

docrobbysherry
12-21-2014, 08:05 PM
My 20 y/o daughter just broke up with her teen boyfriend who knows a number of folks in our family thru his mom. She wanted so much to tell him about my hobby. But, I only wanted my immediate family to know. She didn't tell him. And, she just broke off with him because of a new older guy she met! He's quite upset and it COULD have been a big problem if he knew!:doh:

I wonder if other closet dwellers here have told their kids and NOT been so lucky?:eek:

Jenniferathome
12-21-2014, 08:11 PM
I have not told my kids, all young adults in their early 20's, because my cross dressing does not affect them. There is no need for them to know.

Rogina B
12-21-2014, 11:02 PM
Doc,What do their thoughts have to do with the happiness in your life? Why waste the energy on being so concerned in what others may or may not feel? I don't get it. In my mind,you are way more of a fetish photographer than a "transperson"...It is your passion!

Launa
12-22-2014, 01:30 AM
This hasn't happened to me but I often think of my past girlfriends that know about this and could blabber shit out to folks. It is possible but its not worth living in fear. If it happens then you might have to deal with it the best way you can.

Persephone
12-22-2014, 03:13 AM
My son learned of my CDing when he was twelve. Now age 26, he has been totally cool with me regardless of how I am presenting. En drab I am his Dad, en femme I'm his Aunt Barb.

His current GF knows, is totally cool, and they are frequently out with my spouse and I, sometimes joined by Eryn and her spouse. We all enjoy our time together without my having to hide nor worry.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Laura28
12-22-2014, 08:59 AM
I hav e not told my two daughters as it doesn't effect them and really would not want them to have any knowledge of it. I don't see what good it would do telling them?

NicoleScott
12-22-2014, 11:43 AM
A little talk with your daughter might be in order to reiterate and reinforce your privacy concerns. You told her because there was a compelling reason for her to know. If there are others that have a compelling reason to know, that's YOUR decision alone, and she needs to understand and honor that.

bridget thronton
12-22-2014, 12:04 PM
I told my kids and their spouses when they were adults. I did not put any privacy conditions on the knowledge, though my wife has made it clear she does not want her family to know (I do not have much family left besides my brother who is not likely to understand).

Ceera
12-22-2014, 12:36 PM
I was married to for 30 years and managed to maintain a straight, monogamous marriage with my mate (a genetic girl who was straight). Wife knew I had bi inclinations, but also knew I was 'behaving myself' and remaining completely faithful to her. For the last 2 to 3 years of my marriage I had begun to do some under-dressing, wearing panties under my clothes, and I had a few skirts, a couple of padded bras, one blouse, one wig and one set of women's shoes that I only tried on in the privacy of my home when alone. But that was as far as I had taken my CD urges. My wife knew about the panties but nothing else. Sadly, my wife died last January, leaving me alone with our 18 year old daughter. With my wife's passing, I had no one to please really but myself, so I started buying more girly things.

I knew my daughter liked cosplay and that she has friends who are gay or bi. I came out to my 19 year old daughter a few months after the passing of my wife, and she's been very supportive of me spending some time as 'Ceera' and even going out to clubs en-femme. She even helps me to shop for new things for my girly persona. She knows, however, that she is to tell no one else about my girly adventures - not even her best friends.

kimdl93
12-22-2014, 12:54 PM
My ex wife took the liberty of sharing my secret with my sons, extended family, friends and former coworkers. As it turned out, the move, which was obviously intended to hurt me, seemed to have backfired. I really lost nothing and she came off as the bitter, vindictive person she really was.

Dorit
12-23-2014, 03:14 AM
I recently told my three adult daughters, but not my two adult sons. Their response was completely accepting, I felt my sons were not ready for this; or maybe more truthfully I was not ready to tell them! I have been more free in expression of my femininity over the last years, like how I dress in male mode, doing toenails in color with them, and having my ears pierced. I felt I owed them an explanation for my behavior, plus I am close to them and want to share my real life with them.

I guess your willingness to share this part of your life with adult children does depend on how intimate your are with them. Transparency with adult children can be liberating!

SandraInHose
12-27-2014, 10:50 PM
Haven't told either my daughter nor my son (both early 20s), and don't ever plan too. Hell, it was hard enough when the wife found out and I had to admit and explain everything multiple times!

But as many of us parents know, kids notice more than they let on. And I have a feeling that they both suspect something. My wife rarely wears pantyhose, yet there's a pair hanging to dry in our master shower every single day. Hmmm.

Tammy Lynn Tx
12-27-2014, 11:30 PM
My youngest daughter saw me dressed many times when she was 2-4 years old but I stopped dressing in front of her when she asked why she has 2 mommies one day, my ex knew about my dressing and we had talked about this in length and that had been our decision. After we divorced my ex apparently told all her family and most of our mutual friends and it seems that bit her in the hiney. Her mom still talks to me all the time.

victoria76
12-28-2014, 03:56 AM
I've only told the two girls that I have dated, that's all. As far as I know, no one else knows. It felt great telling them, like a weight off my chest.
They both said they were cool with it, but didn't seem to "Like" it that much, so I never did it in front of them. I was really hoping to! Oh well...