PDA

View Full Version : Interesting business

TGMarla
01-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Interesting. I work in computers for a company that does IT work for small and medium size businesses. The other day, I drove up to Santa Fe, which happens to have the largest gay community this side of San Francisco. I was doing some work at a property management office, when I noticed just what their chosen clientele was. The place is called RainbowVision Santa Fe. Their website is here (http://www.rainbowvisionprop.com/). They cater exclusively to the gay/lesbian/transgender community. Once again, we're lumped in with gays and lesbians, but it is nice that they provide a place where transgendered individuals can live without worry and harrassment. I didn't tell them that I crossdress, as I maintain a professional manner whenever I'm working. My private life doesn't enter into it. But I found it amusing that I just happened to have to go there for business.

lydia7
01-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Sounds like an interesting place and wonderful news for the community. I hope it does well...

Deanna2
01-28-2006, 01:27 PM
I used to live in Albuquerque a few years back and periodically go up to Santa Fe and beyond. I used to ski at Taos. I wish I had have known about this.

Amanduhrob
01-28-2006, 01:38 PM
I believe that Joplin Mo has the largest gay population per capita in the U.S., but thats another story,

I lived in Carlsbad for a year, and wish I knew Santa Fe was so liberated, I may have spent a weekend or two in drag.

Jasmine Ellis
02-08-2006, 01:20 AM
I do hope you had fun looking around dear

Megan72
02-08-2006, 01:32 AM
I grew up in Santa Fe. Very nice town, and yes it is very open to all. This community is very progressive and not unexpected. It is nice to see that Santa Fe is living up to its name, "the City Different."

Marla, my family still lives there and i go there every so often to see them. Maybe we could have lunch sometime when i come to town.

sherri
02-08-2006, 11:43 AM
I was there in October. I was openly fem around the motel, and went out for the evening en femme. Had sushi on Guadalupe street, where I met a very nice CD and his lady friend - he spotted me, came over to introduce himself and sat down for an interesting visit. From there I went to Swig, a posh nightclub just off the square catering to a mixed crowd. I was the only CD there, but had a nice time. My only anxious moment was leaving the restaurant when I spotted a crowd of young people hanging out on the street corner, but I crossed the street and got to my car without incident. The next day I went sightseeing and window shopping en femme, had a lovely time. I got a few startled looks, but everyone I interacted with was very nice. Great town, one of my favorites.

TGMarla
02-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Believe me, if you spend time en femme in Santa Fe (not that I have....) you'll likely not get too many second glances. It's well known to be a very open community. I've never gone out en femme, mostly because of my marital situation. But if I did, Santa Fe would likely be the place to go. As for lunch, Kelliann, no promises, but you can always e-mail me or PM me and take it from there.

MsJanessa
02-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Interesting. I work in computers for a company that does IT work for small and medium size businesses. The other day, I drove up to Santa Fe, which happens to have the largest gay community this side of San Francisco. I was doing some work at a property management office, when I noticed just what their chosen clientele was. The place is called RainbowVision Santa Fe. Their website is here (http://www.rainbowvisionprop.com/). They cater exclusively to the gay/lesbian/transgender community. Once again, we're lumped in with gays and lesbians, but it is nice that they provide a place where transgendered individuals can live without worry and harrassment. I didn't tell them that I crossdress, as I maintain a professional manner whenever I'm working. My private life doesn't enter into it. But I found it amusing that I just happened to have to go there for business.
It can be misleading that we are always put in with gay men and lesbians, but that does seem to be the way people group us. BTY in Maine the voters just passed a gay rights law by referendum---consevative religious groups forced the issue onto the ballot--they lost--which not only includes gays and lesbians in a protected class but also prohibits discrimination in employment, housing, public accomodations etc based on "gender identity" or "gender expression". I think that is a giant step forward for us as a group and if this is the result don't mind the stereoptyped connection to the gay community