PDA

View Full Version : ? shoes, boots

Kristina Marie
01-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Do any of you girls have trouble finding shoes or boots that fit? I wear a size 10.5 in mens, i've heard that you should add 2 sizes and thats your womens. Well i never have any luck finding anything, styles i like are always to small. I eventry them on just to see if they might fit, but way to tight. Any feedback would be welcome. Thanks

lydia7
01-28-2006, 10:07 AM
I absolutely swear by this place for the "sexy" or "vamp" look...

www.sexyshoe.com They are sooo friendly and just want to sell shoes. Go online or even call with questions (they don't ask any). They ship in plain brown box, or even "gift" wrap them. Sizes 9-13 and in wide width...Did I mention prices under $50...?

Check it out and let me know what you think!

Kristina Marie
01-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks Lydia, im sure ill find something on that site. Hugs and Kisses hon.

MsJordan
01-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Yeah it can be frustrating considering my male size is a 13 and my women's size is a 13w-14. There is only one payless in my area that sales 13w and the selection is sparse and very limited. I find things there occasionally. I wish I could shrink my feet to about an 11 or even 12 because there are several stores that carry there size. Nine West should cater to CD because my wife loves their shoes and I do too!!

Teal
01-28-2006, 02:50 PM
I have large feet too, but recently bought my first pair boots. Black PU with a 5 inch heel and knee-length...I love them! Actually went out in them last Halloween while I was staying at a hotel. Wore them with some low-rise stretch jeans and they looked fab. Waited 'til it was late and sneaked out the back door and to my car. Drove around the city totally dressed. When I got back later the door that I propped open had been closed! I freaked and ended up having to walk all over the hotel to find another way in, since I was afraid to go by the front desk. I finally made it in..and what a thrill. Those heels clicking as I walked around. Not sure how many people saw me, but looking back I wish I just walked right in the front, why the heck not.

TaraB
01-28-2006, 03:03 PM
i had trouble when i was a teenager. I never had one pair of boots that fit right and never really knew different. I'd buy cheap boots because...whats a teenage TG to do who has little income.

the realization of how to get boots that you absolutly loved wearing and that fit your foot like a glove and you could wear all day without discomfort came when i started spending more money on the pair of boots. I still remember the 1st pair of high end boots (like $100+) and getting them home and trying them on. I was shocked at just how comfortable they were. As comfortable as any tennis shoe...almost like a slipper.

this is definitly one case of you get what you pay for.

**i should say that not all high end boots are comfortable. hehe

one thing to check.....if they are lined inside and have some cushion. bad boots have zero cushion so it make the feet absorb all the shock of walking.

wendy
01-28-2006, 03:06 PM
haven't had too many problems, but sometimes it can be fustrating, I wear a size 10 in womens so at times they aren't that hard to find, but the styles/colours I like may not be in the size I'm looking for.

Kathrine
01-28-2006, 03:29 PM
I wear size 13 shoes and can't find any near where I live. I've found a couple online stores that carry extended women's sizes:

http://www.largefeet.com/

http://www.zappos.com/welcome3.zhtml?0128

Good luck finding shoes you love.

Yael
01-28-2006, 08:17 PM
I wear 10½ WWW and would love to find a source for loafers — something like Rockports but androdgenous enough that I can wear to the office without attracting attention.