PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Know How to Start

Mathey
12-23-2014, 10:28 AM
Hai guys, I'm Andy (thinkin about being Andee) and i was meant to be a woman. Im poor so i cant see a gender therapist, but i still need someone to help me become the woman im supposed to be. I need a guardian angel to help me through this journey!

Jenniferathome
12-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Andee, every state offers some sort of free mental health care. You have to look but it's there.

Mathey
12-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Where can i find that?

Adriana Moretti
12-23-2014, 10:39 AM
google is your best friend...the yellow pages ( do people still use that) should also have a directory in it as well ......Jenn is right....you may have to take a drug test though if you are going for free state care...so keep it clean like a washing machine

Jenniferathome
12-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Agree that Google will probably get you there fastest, but your local state government web page will have it listed. Maybe buried is a better term. "mystate.gov" is your launching point.

Mathey
12-23-2014, 10:47 AM
Maybe one of you could talk me through it, emailing or texting me? Im super afraid to actually go somewhere to start my journey, so i could use help even starting that

Jenniferathome
12-23-2014, 10:51 AM
OK, I spent 5 seconds looking for resources in Idaho:

http://www.healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/Medical/MentalHealth/AdultMentalHealth/tabid/195/Default.aspx

Your state will have similar access. I just typed "Idaho.gov" and search "mental health" If you look at the link I sent you will see in the upper right an application form. Your state will be similar.

kimdl93
12-23-2014, 02:02 PM
As others have pointed out, there may be free or low cost supports available in your area. You're here, so you have access to google. Look them up.

But I have another suggestion. Look very hard at your economic situation. You've indicated that you are poor. I hear Ya. Poverty is very limiting. I don't know your age, but I can almost guarantee you that you can improve your life if you seek a meaningful education and better job. There are resources available to help in both getting an education or a better job. And meaningful work can distract you when you're feeling down and open up new opportunities to find yourself in life. Best of luck!

Megan Thomas
12-23-2014, 02:07 PM
even volunteering can lead to work opportunities...

Marcelle
12-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Hi there. Are there any Transgender Support Groups in your area? This might be a good starting point to find out more information and talk to others going through the same issues.

Hugs

Isha

CynthiaD
12-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Andee:

You've already been given a lot of good advice. Advice you should listen to.

I just want to add that you need to formulate a plan that will get you to your goal.

First, you need to get the education to get a good steady job. There is nothing more liberating than a steady income. Once you have that you can work on the rest of your plan.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey.