PDA

View Full Version : Vacation!

KatieGG
12-27-2014, 03:22 PM
My husband and I are leaving Monday for a trip to Charlotte for a week, and he plans on being dressed the whole time. I suggested he packs at least one "guy" outfit just incase but he doesn't plan on needing it. This will be the longest period of time that he has stayed dressed. We have gone out of town for a night to see concerts a lot with him dressed but this is the first time it will last more than a night. He mostly packed casual clothes, jeans, tops, leggings and yoga pants, plus a dress a got him for Christmas to wear on New Years.

Have any of you ever done this? Where you comfortable dressed like a woman for a long period of time? I am curious to see if he goes the whole time. We have been looking forward to this for a while and it should be a blast.

AllieSF
12-27-2014, 03:33 PM
My longest period was for 3 days to Las Vegas. My biggest problem was that my facial skin was getting irritated as a result of shaving it twice a day. Other than that, it was a wonderful time. I agree with you that a back up casual male outfit is a nice security blanket, because one never knows what might happen necessitating a change back to drab, more so over a long weeks period of time.

PS: It's nice to see such a supporting wife here. Thanks for asking.

JessicaJHall
12-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Wow, you are awesome!!!! That said, I'm no help whatsoever, sorry!! :rolleyes:

prene
12-27-2014, 03:52 PM
Katiee,
I wish I could add to your question.
I am very envious of your husband to have a accepting wife.
I have been to Las Vegas also, but my longest period was maybe 4 days, shaving is a problem.
I agree with you though, just in case bring something.
But you know my gg jeans are not that noticeable so just a top ... guy shirt would do.
Good luck, I am interested in what you do let us know.

KatieGG
12-27-2014, 04:06 PM
I never thought about the shaving problem. He has a bit of a baby face so maybe on the nights we stay in the hotel he won't need to shave again. I just went through his bag and he packed one guy outfit plus an extra shirt I went a head and put a pair of boxers in there too just to be safe.

Also if anyone is from the area, do you know of any cd friendly bars? We only been to Charlotte once and we went to a show at the Filmore and ate at a place called Bad Daddys Burgers and we had no problems what so ever.

nikki2014
12-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Likewise I am no help. But, as long as you can be supportive, encouraging, and commutative, y'all should be good. Most importantly have fun. Let us kow how it turns out please. Thanks.

kimdl93
12-27-2014, 05:16 PM
I've spent up to ten days uninterrupted, going out to run daytime errands, lunch and dinner with friends, a couple nights at local night spots and touring local museums. When it was done, I really didn't want to change back to male.

justmetoo
12-27-2014, 05:58 PM
Probably everyone's experience is different. I went an entire week once dressed 24/7 and it felt good. It wasn't a problem or a chore at all. I just felt comfortable and "normal" (if that word can be used in this context! lol). Having some male clothes along seems like a good idea, just in case. I hope you both have lots of fun and enjoy your vacation! :)

Beverley Sims
12-27-2014, 06:08 PM
It is very hard changing back after a three month stint I can assure you.
However what you are doing is very exciting and I hope it all goes well for you.
The first of many adventures I feel.

Shelly Preston
12-27-2014, 06:12 PM
Hi Katie

I am sure it will all go well. Yes I have done 24/7 several times for vacations. Someone may be thinking its too easy if you have male clothes along for an emergency. A lot will depend on how comfortable and confident your spouse is in public. I know having your support will go along way to help. I know we are all different but yes I was very comfortable in public even when I sort of ended up in the spotlight but that's another story.

Enjoy the vacation

Eryn
12-27-2014, 07:24 PM
I've spent multiple days en femme and found it to be very satisfying. I didn't do this until my facial electrolysis was well along. Back when I shaved I found that a mid-range Norelco shaver did a good job without tearing up my face. I did find that I had to shave twice a day (and that includes removing all my makeup) to keep my appearance acceptable for the evening.

A change of male (or male-appearing) clothing is a good idea for peace of mind, but I'll bet it stays untouched!

The key point is to have fun. Having fun is a great confidence-builder and confidence is 90% of passing/blending/acceptance!

Genifer Teal
12-27-2014, 07:59 PM
I've packed safe outfits back in the day. Never actually needed them. Eventually stopped bothering to pack safe clothes. The challenged of having nothing else to wear pushed me to try harder and do better cause I had no other option.

Helen_Highwater
12-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Having spent 5 continuous days dressed on several occasions I can say that it is a liberating experience. I glued on my forms so that meant I slept enfem as well. Getting out of bed and being Helen right from the get-go was a great experience. As for things like shaving I'm fortunate in not being to hirsute and could get away with a single shave each day. Having said that it's worth having some antiseptic cream just in case the skin becomes broken and sore to calm things down.

I do think it's a good idea to have an "Emergency bag" in the car, a change of clothes and some face wipes. 99.99% of the time all will be well but there is always the slightest of chances were things can go pear shaped and male me is better suited to dealing with it on a purely practical level. Anyway, which girl wants to ruin her best jean/top/skirt/dress/heels fixing a broken car in the pouring rain.

BLUE ORCHID
12-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Hi Katie, Please do keep us updated , Thanks.:hugs:

Amy Lynn3
12-27-2014, 09:32 PM
Katie, what state are you in and what Charlotte are you going to vacation at ? The reason I ask is we have a Charlotte, NC and I am about an hour away.
Amy

MissTee
12-27-2014, 10:27 PM
The way I learned I did not want to transition was to stay dressed for about a week and a half. Started out full on, and by the end of about the 9th day I was so ready go drab. My wife was with me the whole time.

You will have so much fun and I hope he realizes how lucky he is to have you supporting him in this discovery. Have fun!!

Eryn
12-27-2014, 11:14 PM
The way I learned I did not want to transition was to stay dressed for about a week and a half. Started out full on, and by the end of about the 9th day I was so ready go drab....

I think that maintaining our appearance is considerably more difficult for CDers than it is for GGs and this can really wear on us after a few days. Not many GGs have to do two full-coverage makeup applications per day on top of shaving. Our makeup is more like theater makeup than the normal GG application. For us, most of this is relatively new, not the habits of decades as it is for GGs and this makes everything more time consuming.

For me the difference is striking. When I first started going out it took 2-3 hours to shave, do beard cover and makeup, and get dressed. I was learning how to do everything so everything had to be done with concentration. With experience things that took a lot of care became ingrained in my "muscle memory" so I could do them without a lot of thought. At the same time, electrolysis eliminated the need for shaving, heavy makeup, beard cover, and that mid-day reshave. I'm now using GG-style sheer makeup and can be out the door in 20 minutes. If I really had to, I could function in society with forms and lipstick only, which is pretty much what many GGs do most every day!

bridget thronton
12-28-2014, 02:57 AM
Seven Days is the longest en femme for me - i always pack some boy clothes and usually do not wear them. Katie you are indeed a loving wife.

emma-louise
12-28-2014, 04:03 AM
have a great time, your so lucky to have an understanding wife

Vickie_CDTV
12-28-2014, 06:31 AM
I have done 4-5 days at conventions. I find it fatiguing after a few days. I still have to shave part of my face and it gets really irritated, and other parts of my body I have to shave get irritated if I have to do them several days in a row (the "cleavage rash" from more than 2 days shaving in a week is a big problem.) My feet also get tired of wearing heels and even some lower shoes that don't fit my big feet well. My back gets tired of carrying around the big breast forms that a big girl like me needs to wear to look proportional. It is ok, a few days of dressing and I have had my fill, I can present male again after that, no big deal to me. Sometimes during a convention period I will present male anyway if I am really, really tired and don't feel like dressing. Male, female, whatever, I don't mind, whatever works for me at the moment.

JenX
12-28-2014, 07:33 AM
A vacation en fem sounds wonderful. I must admit that I a little envious. Have a great time!

KatieGG
12-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Katie, what state are you in and what Charlotte are you going to vacation at ? The reason I ask is we have a Charlotte, NC and I am about an hour away.
Amy

We live in SC, and yeah we are going to Charlotte, NC. We been there once and loved it.

Sometimes Steffi
12-28-2014, 02:55 PM
I've gone to the Keystone Conference in Harrisburg PA the past 3 years, and I'm planning on going again this March.

Each time it's been 4 to 5 days (and nights) full time as a girl.

Towards the end of the week, I could barely continue shaving my face because it was getting so sore from a dual shave each morning, and sometimes a touch-up and night.

Nikki A.
12-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Longest I went was 4 days. Didn't have a problem but by the end I didn't mind going drab for a while. It is hard keeping up appearances.

Nadine Spirit
12-28-2014, 03:06 PM
I have been dressed and out for maybe anywhere from 7-14 days. I know, long range, but I can't really remember if it was a week or two. Suffice to say, it was quite a while. The shaving was a bit irritating, but not too problematic.

The thing I like about it was that it made me undersatnd who I am better. Before doing it, I never realized the kind of cnstant push to cross dress in the back of my mind. But after dressing for such an extended period of time, I began to get tired of doing it, and then realized that inner push to cross dress had been replaced by an inner push to dress as a male. It was by doing it for an extended time that allowed me to better appreciate dressing as a male as much as dressing as a female.

ReineD
12-28-2014, 03:40 PM
We took a road trip for a week some years ago. The only male clothes my SO brought were the jeans and old Tshirt he was wearing in the car on the way down. My SO wears a corset to create a waist and this can get uncomfortable on a long car ride.

It was fine all the time we were gone, there was no need to dress up as a guy. But, on the way back we had car troubles and we had to go to a gas station in search of a mechanic. The blue jeans came in handy.

Have fun! :)

Isabella Ross
12-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Katie, can't really help as I've only dressed for a day at a time. But allow me to say that, well, you rock. Your SO is a lucky gal.

Misty G
12-28-2014, 05:26 PM
My wife and I went to Gulf Shores, Al. and then on down to Pensacola, Fla then to Destin fla all together we were gone for 10 days for which I was dressed thew entire time because I carried absolutely no male cloths. We have made several shorter trips this way. The most resent being a trip to Vegas for which I was dressed enfemme except on the flight, Wife was somewhat worried about the TSA. Loved all of these trips

lingerieLiz
12-28-2014, 10:25 PM
It looks like he is taking just in case clothes. Not really necessary since many women things can pass as either. I wear mostly women's attire full time, but have several guy things too. Gifts for the most part. A woman's shirt may button in reverse but most people never notice.

Stephanie Julianna
12-29-2014, 05:50 AM
Years ago I spent 5 days en femme. I had gone with a friend and other CDers to Provincetown, MA to an event sponsored by the late great Lee Brewster. It was truly wonderful traveling, dressing and living as a woman for that time. For you to give your husband this experience shows how much you must love him. I'm sure that he appreciates it as well and understands how rare this kind of understanding is. I hope you have a wonderful experience.

grace7777
12-29-2014, 09:01 PM
My longest stretch of going dressed en femme is nine straight days. The only thing that ended the streak was that I had to go back to work. 5.5 of the 9 days were spent out of town, and I packed absolutely no male clothes. I really enjoyed the time being dressed as a woman. It was really depressing to have to go to work and be dressed en drab. It does take more effort to keep up the appearance of being dressed en femme but it is definitely worth it.

My experiences of going out of town and being dressed en femme the whole time has definitely caused me to look for a solution where I can be dressed en femme all the time.

To sum it up, the more I dress en femme, the less desire I have to be en drab.

Pat
12-30-2014, 12:08 AM
Sounds awesome.

I'd say don't bring guy clothes as a backup, but as a comfort item. Cross-dressers have a dual nature and I find it important to let both sides have their time. When my GF and I go on vacation I usually carry a small bag for male clothes and two bags of female clothes and support items. Jennie gets to spend most of the time being Jennie, but once in a while the male side needs to come out and get a slice of the R&R. He's more of a lie-in-the-hammock-and-read-a-book kinda guy, so no big deal.

victoria76
12-30-2014, 12:59 AM
Sounds like a fun vacation...
I've been to Charlotte, too. It's only a couple of hours away from me.

Jackie7
12-30-2014, 08:29 AM
Oh pack the drab shirt. When I go on an extended girlie voyage there are always pretty outfits packed in the bag that I don't wear, but want to have along just in case. Same for that emergency shirt and sneakers.

Like others say, shaving 2x a day can be irritating, and so can too many days in narrow girl shoes, at least for my duck feet. But the worst hazard is the pink fog that rolls in, I become persuaded that I am passing when the truth is, blending at best and clocked in every close encounter. Sometimes after a few days en femme this truth hits me like a ton of work boots and I am damn glad to have packed the emergency escape back to drab. Other times, to hell with it. But either way, no need to fly the trapeze with no net at all.

Hope you both have fun in Charlotte!

Justice327
12-30-2014, 09:00 AM
As far as shaving problem. I have a baby face as well. But what I do is. I have a very nice electric razor that doesn't irritate my skin. But I mean also I can shave and not have hair come back for 3 days. Lol

Tammie.J.Swenson
12-30-2014, 10:36 AM
Help I'm going on vacation to the Watkins Glen NY area via car this summer for a week with SO GGF that got me into xding weekends for several years ago, CATCH is she wants me to CD 24/7 for the 2 weeks at her folks lakefront house and go swimming and boating on the lake with her and her folks.

Do I dare go Swimming in a bikini as SO wants me to and CD 24/7/ for the 14 days?

What type outfits to wear and take how many?