PDA

View Full Version : Going To Goodwill

Glenda58
12-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Last week I was cleaning out some old Xmas lights and decorations that we were not using and taking them to Goodwill. The wife stops me before I leave and gives me 3 tops she doesn't wear anymore know how much I like them. I put them in the back of my car go to Goodwill and just happen to forget to take them out. When I get home she asked if I had drop off all the things I say yes but she had a smile on her face. I think she knows I didn't give them away. I now have 3 tops that fit perfectly. But now I need get rid of some things that are not in style or not right for my age anymore.

DonnaT
12-29-2014, 06:14 PM
Done that too, Glenda. ;)

Beverley Sims
12-29-2014, 06:20 PM
Not everything I am given to take, makes it to goodwill.

BeckySmith
12-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Thrift shops are some of my favorite places :battingeyelashes:

lingerieLiz
12-29-2014, 10:40 PM
Just don't hang them back up in the closet. My wife had some clothes ready to go to charity and I couldn't see what was wrong with the blouse so I put it on my side of the closet. The other day she saw it and explained that she got rid of it because ... 10 reasons. Anyway it is still on my side, but she says GET RID OF IT. She is usually right.

MissTee
12-29-2014, 10:47 PM
I purge my girl things once a year and send the unwanteds to a charity (not Goodwill.) Wife helps me with this, and sometimes she will keep my discards and I hers. Just love that woman!

nikki2014
12-30-2014, 07:18 AM
Every once in a while we do have to purge and get rid of things. The bad thing is we lose something we like, really love, really look good in or perhaps all the above. The bright side is... Damn is this a good reason to go shopping and get new clothes.

Lexi Moralas
12-30-2014, 09:33 AM
In the beginning I got most of my stuff , out of the SO's good will stuff. She Also has a couple of terry friends with money that drop off there "last years styles " for her to go through , and usually all the items I like go back in the box to go to good will , what is painful is the boxes of shoes they drop off. All the stuff I love continue on to good will ! Sadly they are way too small !lol