PDA

View Full Version : Ever wished you had dress up stuff

susangirl
12-30-2014, 01:57 AM
I'm sure some of you have found yourself in the perfect place and situation to dress up and enjoy, but have nothing with ya. This just happened to me. My schedule got changed and I found myself in New York City for a 29 hour layover in Mid Town just south of central park without a single girly item. DAMM I love the crowds and the piano bars in NYC. Whats your story. Has this ever happened to ya.

victoria76
12-30-2014, 02:05 AM
I can't think of anything specific, but I know that feeling!

Maria 60
12-30-2014, 07:37 AM
Only thing close to that was I was working doing a repair about an hour from home. The weather was bad and when they closed the highway I was forced to get a motel in a small town, I found the courage to buy a pair of pantyhose in a small convenience store and made the best of it.

Lily Catherine
12-30-2014, 08:43 AM
i actually had the exact inverse of this while on vacation recently.

There was a little booth in one of the historic sites that lent out historical / period costumes, presumably from the 19th century -- mostly women's. I stayed there, intentionally browsing the very limited men's section first before my main spoils lest I raise an eyebrow. For about 10 minutes, there was only me at the booth, browsing through the collection of wigs and garments. Eventually though I left that booth wearing the same drab I had entered it in. Sigh, what could have been considering the numerous voluminous dresses and wigs on display; things I'd pass much easier in than generic female street wear.

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-30-2014, 05:20 PM
that's why I always carry a change of clothes or I always can go shopping for something to wear.

Beverley Sims
12-30-2014, 05:27 PM
I never leave home without it.
I do not posses a credit/debit card.
I always have a change of clothes or money to buy some.

franlee
12-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Yes I have on many occasions. Especially when traveling an driving long distances and the events leading to the trip had cause me not have prepared or had someone else with me on the trip.

Julie Denier
12-30-2014, 07:02 PM
I've been on trips without my gear, thinking I wouldn't have time to dress and then having some extra hours and regretting it. And on one trip, I shipped my gear on ahead but it arrived late and I missed out on an evening to dress up ...

SandraInHose
12-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Working out of town for a week and shared a room with one of the owners of the company. After work, he'd always go out for a nice long run...which was 10-15 miles. Meaning I had a minimum of two hours every night holed up in that hotel room...with not a thing to wear!

sometimes_miss
12-31-2014, 05:35 PM
The holidays, with visiting and all, often leaves me wishing that I could dress up after the busy day is over, but I'm staying at someone else's house and they don't know about my crossdressing. So I stay in drab, with all the subtle discomfort that it entails. Living alone, I sometimes forget how much better I feel dressed as a girl until I can't do it.

Eryn
12-31-2014, 06:00 PM
Actually, I had the opposite problem. I went (in boy mode) to help a CD friend do some mechanical work one morning. Naturally I wore my "working on stuff" clothes. I took along a nice femme outfit to change into so we could go out to eat that evening. It turned out that plans were made to dine with someone who wasn't comfortable with CDing so we both needed to be in drab. I ended up having to borrow a man's shirt for the occasion!

docrobbysherry
01-01-2015, 12:02 AM
Only when I'm traveling overseas. Since I'm always traveling with my not approving daughter, I can't dress.

There's absolutely NO chance of me traveling anywhere interesting by myself without bringing Sherry along!

Krisi
01-01-2015, 07:50 AM
I have been out of town with my wife and wished I had my stuff but I'm not sure she would go out with me even away from home.

Teresa
01-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Susan,
To put a twist on your question have you found yourself in a situation where you have access to some gorgeous clothes and you can't touch them ?
I use to attend wedding fares to promote my photography business and on one occasion my stand was sandwiched between bridal gown stands ! Hearing the swish of the gowns and watching the brides handle them ! My wife accused me of drinking too much wine that day but the bar was the only escape, well that's my excuse !

CarlaWestin
01-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Teresa, just the image of the mind's eye that's conjured up of you between two bridalwear stands is fabulous. Growing up, my Father was a wedding florist and my Brother was a photographer. I certainly know that feeling of being around all of that formal elegance. Maddening!

But, I'm getting off topic. Usually when I travel I have a minimum of fem wear and always breastforms although, they're always a pain at TSA. Then at my destination I wind up buying more stuff than I can get in the carry-on. Once, right before a flight home, they wanted to check in all carry-ons as there wouldn't be room in the overhead on the plane. So there I was dressed in full casual fem traveling attire, heeled boots, nice breasts, girl jeans and sweater and they wanted to send my male clothes ahead. That would have meant that my wife would be meeting me as I waited at the baggage carousel in Las Vegas. I quickly made it to a restroom and switched clothes and boarded the plane at the last second. Pheew!

Was that another close call story? (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?222258-Close-call-stories)