PDA

View Full Version : Color Run. Any Thoughts?

Justice327
12-30-2014, 11:37 AM
So my wife and I have an anniversary coming up in march. We have talked about it before and she really wants to go do one and I've been watching some videos and they look fun. And it just so happens in Lexington they are having one the day after my anniversary so I have booked a hotel room and registered for the run. I'm super excited plus it looks very CD friendly or TG friendly and my wife brought up that Justice would have fun doing it so I might go out for the first time en femme (mainstream) in march. But any thoughts?

nikki2014
12-30-2014, 01:09 PM
Justice,
Sounds like a lot of fun to me. I am a huge runner. Let me throw a couple of ideas to you. If you go en femme I doubt anyone would notice you. I once did the Disney Princess Half Marathon and of the 18,000 runners, 800 were men, I felt so out of place. I told the wife I should've come in a pink skirt and she laughed. Anyway, there are a lot of people and I doubt any of them would give you a second look. I've seen it all at these runs, I could go on and on. Even if you went with full beard and a pink skirt no one would even think twice, more so on the lines of "Awe, he's sweet doing that with his wife".

During the run you get doused with color, and I mean doused, drenched. So don't wear your best wig or clothes. Dress comfortable in en femme and you'll be fine. Because at the end no one will know if your boy, girl, man, woman, or alien. You'll be covered. However, If you plan on driving your 2014 Ford Mustang that you got for Christmas back to the hotel, make alternate arrangements now. No one in the world would you want to sit in your car after these runs. You'll ruin your car.

Final thoughts, dress up or down, no one will give it second thought. Prepare to get soaked with color. Have fun. Keep in touch and let me know how it turns out. If you have any specific questions or thoughts message me. Enjoy! Nikki

Annaliese
12-30-2014, 01:14 PM
Go for it, sound fun and safe. Get a good sport bra so your form are head in place, practice first, don't want a accident.

JessMe
12-30-2014, 01:19 PM
I did one (en homme, because Jess doesn't go out) with my gf last April! It was a blast! One word of caution/advice is to remember that the color gets EVERYWHERE! lmao

Justice327
12-30-2014, 02:56 PM
Thank you for everyone that has replied so far. I already am that much more excited and reassured that this will be fun. I will definitely keep everyone posted on how this goes. I might try to getting out walking en femme around the block. (Seems to be a hot topic) to see how everything will hold in place and such seeing as how I've never really left the house so I'm very glad Annaliese brought that point up cause I didn't even think of a form sliding out of place while jogging or running ( which I smoke a pack a day so I'm sure I will be doing minimal running probably just walking.) But it would still be bad if something like that happened. and is definitely something to keep in my mind on that day.

Georgia_Maine
12-30-2014, 03:21 PM
I did one (en homme, because Jess doesn't go out) with my gf last April! It was a blast! One word of caution/advice is to remember that the color gets EVERYWHERE! lmao

That includes the insides of cameras and phones. If you want to take photos use a totally waterproof submersible camera and put your phone and other valuables in double zipper bags.

Amy Fakley
12-30-2014, 06:03 PM
My wife did one of these recently with her friends from work. All I can say is that everyone is right ... do not wear anything you want to keep. She was covered in sweat and that chalky glittery color dust/dye ... honestly, I'm not sure how I could do something like that in girl mode. For one thing ... makeup is going to be a serious mess after about 5 minutes, for another ... sweaty forms and pads ... kinda yuk. Think I'd rather do that in dude mode :-)