PDA

View Full Version : Does it show?

Carmen
12-30-2014, 08:57 PM
Last week after work I was doing my usual last minute Christmas shopping. I skipped all the overcrowded main stream stores and opted for those small stores in my city's 'old town' sector.
I was only shopping for my wife and daughter, so this wasn't going to be a lengthy experience as time was getting away from me.

One shop was a womens boutique that had a nice selection of clothes and unique accessories. The lovely lady that assisted me was the store owner.
I managed to put several gift combinations together rather quickly, matching small beaded purses with jewelry, scarves and sweaters.
She was offering suggestions and also remarked, "My, you certainly are good at accessorizing, most men are usually lost when it comes to shopping here."

I noticed by her pleasant smile and demeanor that she was perhaps on to me. She began to word her suggestions as if the items were for me.
I guess the eye-to eye contact we made was the give away.
What fun shopping can be!

susan54
12-30-2014, 09:34 PM
I do most of my clothes shopping in boutiques. Though they tend to be more expensive than High Street, the clothes tend to be MUCH nicer and at sale times you can pick up wonderful bargains - high end clothes up to 90% off.

The best aspect of these shops is the staff - often the owner. No matter how I am dressed (even when I do the whole make up and wig thing they know I am a guy) I get treated with respect, and they love talking about clothes as much as I do.

In my favorite (American spelling .... OK) shop, the first time I went in as a guy, and the owner just asked nicely if the clothes in my hand were for me or someone else. When I said me, she suggested I try them on. In my second favorite shop I was also dressed as a guy the first time and rather liked a pencil skirt that would have to be tried on so I asked. "Of course" was her reply. In my third favorite shop, I get asked to come out of the changing room in front of other customers in a dress to show it off - complete with hairy arms and male appearance. Yes, they have a financial interest in selling me stuff but I still think they are lovely people who like to be helpful and nice. I have five regular boutiques in all, quite widely spaced in Scotland and only one in a city, and I really really love shopping in all of them.