PDA

View Full Version : Well that was a walk in the park!

Donnagirl
01-01-2015, 01:17 AM
Hi all,

After a little cajoling, the lovely SO convinced me to join her on her regular 7 mile stroll through the local park. Quite the test of not only how I look after losing weight, but also the laser treatment on what little beard shadow I have (had). Being summer here, it was very short Lycra shorts, low cut t-shirt (obviously), no make up, wig, baseball cap and sunglasses...

I was quite surprised at the reactions from the people we passed... Nothing but 'afternoon ladies', 'happy new year girls' and the like. This leads to two possible conclusions... Either I live amongst a population in desperate need of emergency optometry or, in line with what has been said so many times, no one really notices or cares. (I still believe I'm as passable as convoy of caravans on a twisty country road - but I am improving!!!)

I'm thinking this might become a regular activity.... And next time I might even take a camera!

Hugs,

Donna

Lynn Marie
01-01-2015, 01:58 AM
Your SO validates you. She's fine and you're just her homely girlfriend! I've taken a couple of my CD girlfriends out on dinner dates with me in well dressed boy mode. I validate my dates and people just assume we're a tall couple out for a romantic dinner. Very cool.

Krisi
01-01-2015, 07:47 AM
That sounds like fun for you. I don't know how well you pass or don't pass so I can't comment on that. They might have believed you were two ladies or they might have been being polite. If they met you walking in the park they were pretty much obligated to say something.

Sarah L
01-01-2015, 10:50 AM
A 7 mile stroll? That's a heck of a stroll! I'm proud of you for that alone. Very good! Next time, do the stroll in stilletos!:)

Marcelle
01-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Hey Donna,

Well perhaps it was a bit of people just saw two women and filled in the blanks or your presentation is coming along nicely. Enjoy those 7 mile strolls . . . if you really want to loose some weight . . . strap on your ballistic plates . . . you might not get as many "ladies comments" but it will shed pounds faster than a sauna :) . . . Happy New Year.

Hugs

Isha

justmetoo
01-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Cool. I like your sense of humour. :)
Probably some combination of "all of the above".