PDA

View Full Version : So Did anyone get to dress up for New Years Eve

Nikki A.
01-01-2015, 02:56 AM
If there is one thing that I'd like to cross off my CD bucket list is to dress up really nice and ring in the New Year. I thought this might have been the year but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. I had the dress and accessories all planned out, the Wednesday off to get ready. Of course it became necessary to go into work and work the whole day. Oh well maybe next year.
Did anyone have the opportunity?

Beverley Sims
01-01-2015, 04:10 AM
Not really, I was dressed to blend for most of the day.
Today will be similar.

carroll1967
01-01-2015, 04:59 AM
Yes I did get dressed up.short red dress and red stockingsstockings and shoes and red panties.

Persephone
01-01-2015, 05:01 AM
Really sorry to hear that you lost your opportunity, Nikki. Bummer!

I was dressed en femme, but nothing more than casual, as I was at a small home party with six GG friends. The clothes, a turtleneck and pants, may not have been very "girly," but the conversation and the comraderie were!

Hugs,
Persephone.

cdinmd206
01-01-2015, 10:22 AM
I had made lots of plans and had even made hotel reservations. Unfortunately I could not get table reservations where I wanted to go out and the thought of having to stand all evening in heels did not appeal to me, so I cancelled the plans. I was talking to a friend yesterday and he said he and his wife were having a few friends over and why don't I join them. He has no idea I cross dress so I was in full drab mode, (I did have on a pair of lacy black satin high rise panties) but I still had a darn good time. Maybe this weekend will work out better

Jean 103
01-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Unfortunately no, I kind of over did it last weekend. O-well there is always next year. My birthday it next weekend I’m thinking San Fran. this time. Happy New Year

Sarah L
01-01-2015, 10:54 AM
I have never been a New Years Eve person. I have never done anything to celebrate the new year. I was in Walmart last night in girl mode, but that is the third time this week I have gone out dressed. It wasn't anything specific for the day.

JocelynJames
01-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Underdressed in yogas and peach tee. In bed at 11:50 haha. I felt old

heathr1
01-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Female coworkers dressed me in one of their clothes and make-up yesterday at work.

Their suggestion.

CarlaWestin
01-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Interestingly enough, after a very stressful week and particularly stressful day, all I wanted to do after dinner was just sleep. No nightie, no forms. Just panties and red toenails. Working a later shift today $$ and then it's four days off in a row. I'm pretty sure I'll get back in the Carla groove.

Allisa
01-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Not a real party person anymore, in bed by 10:00,did wear a new night gown for the new year. Have to keep on schedule or all is lost.

Kathyxd
01-01-2015, 11:38 AM
I did with my GF. I wore a Purple Velvet Skater dress, Purple Bra with my 36DD Breastforms, purple lace top hold up stockings, Black 4" Stilettos, Make up, Red/Black Bob Wig, Jewelry and Make Up (including nail varnish). 1st time I've ever seen the Ne Year in dressed.

I'm extremely lucky to have such a supportive and enthusiastic partner.238878

CynthiaD
01-01-2015, 12:38 PM
I never go out on New Year's Eve, but I did dress en femme all day. I wore a brand new slate gray dress that I bought myself for Christmas, hoop ear rings, same old wig, which I'm hoping to replace soon, and new (sort of) 4 inch heels.

I'm also spending New Year's Day en femme, with a long black knit dress and argyle tights. (It's cold here, even if it is Texas.)

My New Year's resolution is to spend ore time out in the world celebrating my femininity.

Happy New Year to you all. I wish you all many happy "femme" moments.

Jane G
01-01-2015, 01:01 PM
No, didn't make New Years Eve here. Still had a great night out though. Have been dressed all day today. But I'm off surfing tomorrow, so will be DRAS Dressed As a Seal.:heehee:

Eryn
01-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Sadly, no. Out with work associates in my no-fly zone so it was the guy ghetto. I did wear some little dangly bells for earrings, though.

BrendaJane
01-01-2015, 01:08 PM
I got dressed up. I wore a knee length black and white striped sweater dress from DressBarn, a pair of leggings, and a pair of knee high boots. Of course I had on a bra and forms, makeup, hip and butt pads, and a wig. As well as anything else that I needed to stay warm.

I wound up going to three different bars in "the Grove" area of St. Louis.

Dianne S
01-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Yep. And it was almost a fiasco. I had my kids over for New Year's Eve. I suggested we go to a mall downtown, go to Starbucks and then hang around. I'm sort of new to this whole living-as-a-woman thing, so I forgot my purse at home. Went into the underground parking lot and... no money, no credit cards, no ID. Luckily, my kids scraped up $1.50 in coins to ransom the car from the lot and we drove home. By then, we weren't in the mood to go downtown, so we went to a Starbucks nearer my house, lunch at Ikea (mmm.... meatballs.... :)) and hung around some stores there. Then my mom came over for dinner.

I wore a comfy blue sweater, a black pleated skirt with a blue-and-white print pattern on it and black leggings... it's cold up here. My kids are completely OK with my being Dianne and nobody batted an eyelid at us while we were out.

bobbiS
01-01-2015, 02:54 PM
No but I'm. all dolled. up with nowhere to go today.

AllieSF
01-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Yes, and I was able to chalk off one of my bucket list items, going out dressed up for a great party on New Years Eve in party wear. I wore a wonderful black sequined (all over) short sleeveless/tank top style dress with black opaque tights (very cold last night in San Francisco) and black patent leather lace up chunky heels with my long black wool coat and a sparklely long black scarf. Rachael Sloane and I were invited to her friends fabulous party by some GG friends that we met and continue to run into at one of our favorite French restaurants in the city. Rachael was also dressed very sharply, as always, and we both had a wonderful time with a lot of new wonderful friends. I hope that we get invited again next year too.

Nikki A.
01-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Glad some of you had a great New Years (OK Dianne yours could have been better lol). A happy & healthy 2015 to you all

justmetoo
01-01-2015, 06:55 PM
Not for New Years Eve (although I could have, just didn't feel like it). I didn't go out anywhere anyway. But I did dress up for New Years Day, just for the fun of it.

Katie Taylor
01-01-2015, 06:59 PM
No I wasn't able to dress, had to go drab, but a wonderful party.

CatCloud
01-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Not an option for me really visiting my mother for new years, heading home tomorrow and will make up for it this weekend.

Dawn P
01-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Nope, I am a bartender busy night for me.

BLUE ORCHID
01-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Hi Nikki, As always I was in bed asleep by 10:00 PM.

RADER
01-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Well, since I was staying at home, and it was bitter cold out side, I did put on
my bigger bra with forms, a nice dress, wig, and made myself a nice meal.
Went to bed by 10:30 PM.
Rader

Andrea Chenowith
01-01-2015, 11:16 PM
Female coworkers dressed me in one of their clothes and make-up yesterday at work.

Their suggestion.

Jealous......

jennyloveschange
01-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Only at home with the wifey. Was plenty fun though

Majella St Gerard
01-02-2015, 02:03 AM
Under-dressed all day, I had to work till 11pm.

Megan b
01-02-2015, 02:56 AM
I did bring in the new year as Megan but I was home alone. Black skirt, silver top, makeup and wig. Mostly just watching tv and spent a little time reading the forum. I changed back to drab shortly after midnight, before my son came home. He knows but I try not to force it on him.

annecwesley
01-02-2015, 06:40 AM
I had the house to myself, which is a very rare occasion. So I got all dolled up to be sure!

As the evening wore on I changed into something a little warmer and more comfortable. I fell asleep on my bed and woke up on time to change back into some guy clothes before my wife got home from work.

Claire Cook
01-02-2015, 06:49 AM
We don't go out on NY Eve, usually crash well before the year is done. However, I just found an e-mail invite from one of our GG friends asking us to a gals' NY Eve getogether at her house. Had we seen it earlier, I think the girls would have gone. Grrr.

Wendy G
01-02-2015, 07:40 AM
I was able to bring in the New Year - fully dressed. It had been a while since I've been completely dolled up, so it was exhilarating. I wore a gold beaded cocktail dress with strappy gold high heeled sandals. I was freshly shaven, with my nails painted a pretty berry color, and full make up. It was the prettiest I've felt in a long time. I'm vowing to spend more time dressed in 2015. Happy New Year.

Connief
01-02-2015, 09:49 AM
I did. Red peasant blouse, black square dance skirt, red chiffon petticoat and tan seamed stockings.

joank
01-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Oh yes. All new years eve day in sweater and slacks. Then for the big event, a white lace over dress with black heels, full make-up of course. (BTW, SO said the dress looked like a mother of the bride dress and called it ugly.) New years day with a velour blue top and long black velour skirt for the Rose parade viewing and the rest of the day in a green dress with muted orange heels and all the rest. A nice way to start the year.

Georgina
01-02-2015, 11:10 AM
I don't bother with new year celebrations (except for the millennium) but I have been dressed every new years eve since then.

Barbara Maria
01-02-2015, 11:57 AM
I did my nails and wore my pretty green dress,but by midnight I was down to bra and panties.Love living alone.

Cheryl T
01-02-2015, 02:59 PM
Not for New Year's Eve as my work hours have me dozing by 9pm.
New Year's Day however was different. I arose, showered and dressed fully and spent the day doing things about the house and a little shopping before the Rose Bowl (GO Ducks!!). Then we had dinner and watched a little of the other game and some HGTV before the pillows called my name.

ShannonDragon
01-02-2015, 05:32 PM
Didn't get dressed for New Years Eve but a bunch of us got together for brunch on New Years Day. Does that count?

Karen62
01-02-2015, 05:37 PM
I was alone at home for New Year's Eve but was fine with that. I was fully dressed (and so very comfortable!), had the fireplace going, and was thrilled because I had finally decided to first officially register for a member here and secondly, seek out a therapist experienced with GD issues. 2015 was going to be a year of action and answers for me. It was an incredibly empowering evening, and I was on Cloud 9. Happy New Year!

Kate Simmons
01-02-2015, 07:17 PM
I haven't done it recently Nikki but in years past I celebrated the New Year en femme at Rainbow Mt. near us. One year they even had a female Bette Midler impressionist who was really good and a nice person. This year my GF and myself just went out to dinner.:)

susan jackson
01-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Not this year, but I did last year

I thought it was be tacky, wearing the same outfit two years running!!!!

"Gabriela"
01-02-2015, 08:17 PM
I wish I had, but I chose to stay in boy mode and go dancing with my GF. I can't handle the basics of dancing as a girl yet :o

MissTee
01-02-2015, 08:46 PM
It's been more than a decade or so since we've been out on New Year's Eve. We prefer to stay home, make a fire in the patio fire pit, maybe cookout and enjoy some wine and the stars. Never really thought about dressing up for that.