PDA

View Full Version : A Thursday To Remember

Vallari
10-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Well, Im out to my parents! But the way they found out was not what I had in mind. Actually I think for most closet CD's in my situation it would b considered a nightmare!

Well I have this account at a gay/lesbian personal site that describes me. I use this service to talk with other people online. Well my mom sees a deduction while checking our bank accounts and also sees the sites name. So the next day (today) she goes to the site and finds out what it is. Sure enough she enters in an area code and an age and yours truely pops up! :eek: There is a pic of me as a guy and another pic of me as you guessed it...Rachel. I get a phone call this morning around 10am and im asked to come out to my car in the parking lot from my apt. :confused: I discover my parents parked out there waiting for me!! :eek: So we meet and they confronted me about it. They drove all the way from Austin (about 100 miles) to talk with me.

So we talked for the good part of this morning and we seperated around noon. They were cool about it yet concerned (obviously of course!) and I chatted with my mom about it online for awhile tonight. Everyone was calm cool and collected about it. Im very lucky to have such great parents! :o

So I am traveling to Austin (where my parents work/live) for the weekend tomorrow and we will all talk some more.

Even though I didnt want them to find out like this it feels good to finally have it out in the open for everyone! Needless to say this was a big day 4 all of us.

Julie
10-07-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm happy for you Rachel. I think you'll find your life just getting better. Since you're still young you have a lot you can do with your life and getting this out of the way will help you get to where you want without carrying all the societal baggage that goes with being TG.

I wish you all the best and keep us informed.

clarissa3d
10-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Well it sounds like your parents are wounderful people. At this point to be honest with them is the good thing.

I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Best wishes

Vallari
10-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Thank u soo much for the replies gurls! It means so much to me that you are here to help me! :o Ill let you all know what happened when I get a chance to get on my PC again this weekend. Again, thank all of you soo much! :)
(Hugs), Rachel

Marianne
10-08-2004, 12:16 AM
Rachel,

it could have been worse.

FOr what it's worth, I'd be happy to email back and forth with your parents, since I'm probably their age (plus I'm a parent as well).

Other than that, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya :)

KewTnCurvy GG
10-08-2004, 12:43 AM
Rachel,

it could have been worse.

FOr what it's worth, I'd be happy to email back and forth with your parents, since I'm probably their age (plus I'm a parent as well).

Other than that, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya :)

Marianne,
That is so sweet:)

You grrlies never cease to amaze me!

And, you Rachel will be in my prayers too!

hugs
kew

Jennifer_Ph
10-08-2004, 08:54 AM
It'll be ok Rachel. Being out is better than being in. Your family may not want to have you hanging around in a dress, but you never know. I knew it was all ok with my family when my Mom gave me a skirt for Christmas. We all had good laughs about it at the time, I even tried it on that day. I was already wearing pantyhose - so I wore it for most of the day after dinner.

Just go and be honest with them. It's all any parent wants. Good luck girl!

babe4life
10-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Rachel, holding thumbs for you! Good luck!

Love,
Vicky

Tristen Cox
10-08-2004, 01:28 PM
What a day to remember, but I think this will be good for you. No more hiding.
My fingers will be crossed and I hope this all works for you. Best wishes to you Rachael...

Tristen