PDA

View Full Version : Grabbing the bull by the horns

Lady Catherine
01-01-2015, 10:43 AM
I promised myself that on New Years Day I would post a letter on Facebook letting everyone I know that I hadn't told yet that I was Transgender. I did that about 5 minutes ago. I am going to stop hiding and pretending. So far, my family and close friends have been very loving and supportive. I hope this trend continues. I decided to write a lengthy letter trying to explain everything and I hope it is good enough for people to understand. I must admit this Leelah Alcorn event has really rattled me and I have decided to go out and stand up to the bullies is her memory so she may find a little peace in the afterlife.

Peace and love to you all and may 2015 give you what you are looking for.

justmetoo
01-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Good for you! I hope it continues to go well and you have a great new year!

bobbiS
01-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Really inspirational. Catherine

Kelley Anne
01-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Lady Catherine, I recently did the same thing and have felt wonderful ever since. I'm glad that you can now feel the same.

Kelley
01-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Good for you Catherine.

Kelley

Karen62
01-01-2015, 11:52 PM
That's a big moment, Catherine. Congratulations on being ready to take that big step. I am not as far along as you in this, but I've just reached out to make an appointment with a therapist who specializes in gender issues as part of my New Year's resolution (becoming a member here was also part of that). All the best to you in 2015!

Majella St Gerard
01-02-2015, 01:53 AM
good for you.

charlenesomeone
01-02-2015, 05:17 AM
Glad it went so good. Hope you have an even better 2015.
That was such a sad story for Leelah and her family.

DebbieL
01-02-2015, 09:01 AM
The most haunting thing to me is that there are at least a dozen girls on the cross-dressers forum and transgender forum who could have been Leelah.

I remember a girl (claimed to be 18 - to get on board?), she desperately wanted to transition, but was living with her parents who sent her to a Christian counselor. The counselor tried to tell her that she was wrong for wanting to be a girl and that she should accept being a boy. She was in so much pain. It was hard to address her concerns because we couldn't discuss the religious issues she was struggling with. She was from Ohio. Was she Leelah?

Marcelle
01-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Hi Catherine,

Congratulations on taking this step forward. I wish you all the best. From my own personal experience on this . . . be prepared to potentially loose a few friends who cannot reconcile the news but for the most part, I think you will find most will either not care or will be supportive on some level.

Hugs

Isha

Rogina B
01-02-2015, 12:24 PM
If you lose them,they weren't your friend anyway. It is a great way to weed them out and will probably actually bring a sense of relief when you drop the unaccepting ones...It is your life and you don't need to ask anyone's permission to live it your way..