PDA

View Full Version : More SO acceptance!

nikki2014
01-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Over the last few years I've done things that my wife has really thought was cute. Little did she know I was CDing and trying to find a way to tell her. Recently I have told my wife of my secret and she has really been very accepting. It was a huge relief and I felt much better. Since then she and I have made little jokes and she's even given me permission tongi out and spend money shopping. It was awesome to say the least. One thing she did say was that I don't want it to leave the house nor do I want the kids to know or see and we have kids of all various ages. I have never dressed in front of her and she hasn't seen me. She knows I have clothes and such but has no desire to see me wear them which at this point is understandable.

So as I do every early early morning I get up, throw a pair of panties and a cami on under my normal clothes, go down and watch the news while drinking coffee waiting til family starts to stir and wake. I had been thinking about it and this morning I woke up and threw a pair of leggings on. I stayed downstairs for quite a while this morning before kids started to wake. I then went upstairs and changed, and she was awake reading, so I snuggled into bed. I said "it's amazing how comfortable those leggings are and they keep my legs really warm". She responds with "if your legs get too cold you should wear them under a pair of jeans". I was feeling at ease with her remark. It made me feel pretty good. I told her they were almost like wearing a pair of tight running pants and she says I know right. It was great. Thanks love, you're awesome!!! Small steps and hopefully she'll be more comfortable with a few more things.

Amy Fakley
01-01-2015, 01:39 PM
congratulations, Nikki!

I finally told (after 17 years of marriage) back in late July ... it was a roller coaster ride to say the least, so I for sure know where you're coming from.
Like y'all, we definitely don't ever want the kids to know, or the neighbors, or definitely anyone we work with (call me crazy but I can't see that going too well in this part of the world, LOL). We took it slow in the beginning, which I think was a wise move. I'd had nearly 40 years to come to terms with "WTF?! why am I like this?!", and she needed some time to process it which is very understandable, I'd say.

Eventually though, my wife did get curious and wanted to meet Amy. That was one of the most terrifying moments of my life! Looking back on it, though, it's kind of hilarious. I was literally "in the closet" ... fully dressed, terrified to open the door ... practically clinging to the hangars for dear life!

Thankfully, it ended well, and a few weeks later she wanted to do my makeup, and have a "pretty party", and ... jeez, now we do that almost every week. It's wonderful!

and ... your wife is right ... they are great under pants! The building I work in has an HVAC problem, and my specific office is like a meat locker during the winter! I usually go for tights over leggings though, because the leggings are actually too warm :-)

Carolana
01-01-2015, 01:54 PM
We had a cold day yesterday and I wore tights and panties under my work clothes, even though I work indoors. Very nice story, Nikki. I am happy for you. BTW, I wear my panties over my tights or pantyhose. Feels better to me that way than other way around.

Jacqueline Vivaldi
01-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Amy- I am so envious. I would love to do things with my wife as Jacqueline. She discovered me about 25 years ago, and thereafter, we had hours of discussions and tearful moments on both sides. She accepts my dressing so long as she never has to view me or participate in my activities. I go out with her knowledge at least once per month. I have my section of the house that she does not venture into. She is a very intelligent and compassionate person, but came up in a Catholic school. I fully understand her position, still I would prefer to be Jacqueline full time. Thus, we both compromise since we otherwise have a very full, active and rich life together which is also very caring.

bridget thronton
01-01-2015, 02:12 PM
A good start

justmetoo
01-01-2015, 03:07 PM
I agree with bridget, sounds like a good start. Keep the communication open and respect and love her and yourself!

(Due to unseasonably chilly weather for where I live I have been wearing leggings under my jeans and to bed at night the last few days. They really do help keep you warm!)

Kandi Robbins
01-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Great story! Looks like we both joined here this past month and I have had very similar experiences. Told my wife as well and she was very accepting, but hasn't seen anything just yet. It's funny, once I joined here I have seen so many of us girls going through the same thing with our wives. Makes you feel good knowing you are not alone.

Maria 60
01-02-2015, 09:24 AM
That's great always good the read a story when the pot of gold is found at the end of the rainbow. Good luck and keep us informed of the advancements. Thanks for sharing.

nikki2014
01-02-2015, 12:22 PM
So just a quick update. Yesterday when I came downstairs I was by myself. Well last night when we fell asleep I guess I was in a deep sleep and started snoring (to this day I still deny I snore, I think it's her). My wife picked up her pillow and the dog that needed to go outside and both left for downstairs. They slept there all night unbeknownst to me until this morning when I woke to find her gone. This morning I actually went and put on my black leggings and went downstairs. I made the coffee as normal and found her sleeping on the couch. She woke and let the dog out and I asked if she wanted a cup of coffee of which she said yes. She still hadn't noticed yet. As I walked over and sat down it took her a while to wake. When she did, she did notice I was wearing my leggings but didn't say anything. I got up to get some refills and I could see out of the corner of my eye she was looking at me with this inquisitive look. I noticed several times when I was walking she kept looking to see what I looked like. She never said anything bad nor good but accepted every bit of it. It was totally cool. Small steps though which is good.

kimdl93
01-02-2015, 12:27 PM
I agree that she's showing a measure of acceptance in her words and behavior. I would encourage you to occasionally thank her for what you have observed and invite her to talk about her feelings. That way you can be sure you're not overestimating the progress you're making.

nikki2014
01-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Kim,
Communication is the key to any marriage especially ours. We have great communication. I tell her all the time how beautiful she is, that's she's the greatest wife ever, that she rocks as a wife, and she is super hot. In return she likes it too when I dress up and put manly clothes on as it's reminder of who I am and who she married. We talk all the time and I know that's something she likes and wants. Cheers. Nikki

kimdl93
01-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Glad to hear it, Nikki!