PDA

View Full Version : Observations of a Another Girl

ChristinaK
01-02-2015, 06:22 PM
While in Vegas recently, I was standing in line at a buffet and saw a fellow girl. The line wound around three times so she was standing right next to many others. I was 5 people in back of her. She was nicely dressed in a skirt, white hose, a top with a sweater over it. Her hair was natural and reddish pink on top. Very short, but fashioned as well as could be. She was very comfortable, didn't look nervous and was with a man. They conversed and waited. She did not look around at the other people or seem out of place. She was tall, with about 3" heels she stood above all of us.

The real observation was the other people. NOBODY seemed to notice her at all. I made her very clearly, but most people don't look very hard. I kept an eye on the line standers. They talked with each other, looked around, but nobody seemed to notice her at all. Neither my wife, daughter or mother noticed that I could tell. That was the second time I've got to observe another girl and it really made me happy that, although sometimes we are pretty easy to spot, most people either don't care or don't see.

It just made me feel good about going out again and wanted to share.

AllieSF
01-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Yes, that is more common than a lot of people think. They look, they notice, they may comment to someone next to them and then they go back to whatever they were doing or discussing. I hope that you enjoyed the show.

Samantha Clark
01-02-2015, 06:54 PM
It's reaffirming and in some ways empowering to see one of us in public. It makes it really real. That's been my experience anyway. It makes me feel good that there really ARE others like me outside of this .com cloud here.

prettytoes
01-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Several weeks ago, I was boarding a plane out of Philly and I saw one of us boarding ahead of our group. The ONLY thing that gave it away was that there was a beard shadow beginning to show. Everything else was perfect...padding for shape (very tight pants!), outfit was great, and hair & makeup were perfect. Alas...I could never look that good!

Jorja
01-02-2015, 07:56 PM
So what if others make her? Maybe in the 70's and 80's it was a big deal. Today, almost everywhere it is common place and hardly anyone makes a fuss unless it is teenagers. We are so caught up with our own fears and insecurities that we think everyone within 20 miles can tell. Well, maybe they can but guess what? Generally, it is no big deal. Move on to the next display please. :)

Jean 103
01-02-2015, 08:37 PM
Last weekend I was in West Hollywood at a local swap meet, I saw 4 girls and one guy blending all were separate, some had boyfriends. One was a little out there with pink hair and blue dress. I did not follow any of them but from what I saw no one gave they a second glance if they even got a first one and I don’t think they any of them noticed me. I has treated very well by everyone I met. Well may be the guy as we were all most face to face.

BLUE ORCHID
01-02-2015, 09:23 PM
Hi Christina, That was one that you seen , But there was probably a couple more that you may have missed.

Persephone
01-03-2015, 02:31 AM
I love the line in Kinky Boots, "You're never more than 10 feet from a crossdresser!"

Hugs,
Persephone.

JenniferYager
01-03-2015, 04:15 AM
Heck Jorja, even teens don't care, they all have their faces buried into their smart phones anymore. Walked right past a gaggle without even a whistle.

Marcelle
01-03-2015, 06:32 AM
Hi Christina,

You are probably seeing what many of us who go out experience . . . people may notice, have a WTF moment then go back to their own lives.

Hugs

Isha

jsunic_1978
01-03-2015, 06:38 AM
DEPENDS ON TEENS HERE ON THE main land CERTAIN AREAS ARE ALL URBAN THUGS AND CERTAIN AREAS ARE GOOD WORKING CLASS MIXTURE OF EVREYBODY, I STICK WITH AREAS THAT ARE WORKING CLASS AND EDUCATED AND A MIXTURE OF EVREYBODY. JUST NEED TO KNOW WHERE YOUR AT IN THE us ALL 48 ON THE MAIN LAND AND EVREY MAJOR CITY IS SPOTTY

CindySTJ
01-04-2015, 12:33 AM
I have learned that most people don't pay much attention and when they do they are only seeing me one way and have no idea what i look like under the wig and makeup. When you look in a mirror you know your features so you don't think you blend. I know I should not really come close to passing but I have heard of a few people ask the person with them if that is a guy in drag? I was at a very public place the other day with my SO where a lot of travelers are in and out and this beautiful GG walked by in leggings and knee high six inch heel leopard boots. I went in to a pink fog and followed her a few minutes we then left the store. I told my SO that those were some boots that young lady was wearing and she said "What boots?" I could not believe it, I was like how could you not see that she walked in front of us several times but that just shows me that most people just don't care or pay attention. I think we see other gurls because we want to see them.

ChristinaK
01-04-2015, 02:16 AM
I feel like I missed the main point. When I'm dressed, I don't look around too much so as to not look nervous or out of place. It seems like most don't pay much attention, but it's difficult to spot. In this case, I had the opportunity to observe the people around her, in very close proximity to her, who had nothing in particular to concentrate on. Even so, they didn't seem to notice her, which made me feel like we blend much better than we think, or the people don't care. I think that if people had noticed there would have been surreptitious staring and comments to one another, which there was not. It really gave me confidence on how we can blend most of the time. I have had one couple stare and whisper at Sephora, and an older woman glare at me on the other side of a rack of clothes,but that's it. Cool. So, my perseptionwhen dressed was reinforced.

Some don't care if they pass, but I believe most of us just want to be accepted as another woman. It seems that most people really don't pay attention to it,which is great. As an addendum, today I saw another girl in San Francisco who towered above the crowd, wore a fur lined jacket, a tight, white dress, awesomely styled wig, great makeup and just looked stunning. She was definitely one of us, but she was exquisitely feminine. That made me feel good to as she was just one of the crowd going into Macys. I wish GGs dressed so good! Hope I didn't offend anybody. This website has been instrumental in my growing over the last year and I appreciate all the threads and advice.

Lynn Marie
01-04-2015, 03:40 AM
"Confidence is a powerful aphrodisiac." It's also a necessity for venturing out the door successfully. "Don't leave home without it."