PDA

View Full Version : i want to have a FWB relation with my male co-work

dvelvet
01-02-2015, 09:07 PM
I showes a male co-work a photo of ne dressed up for halloween and ever since then he's been fliriting with me (dont that I mind). He says he's only playing, but i feel there's more.

Any advise ladies? Has this happenes to anyone?

MissTee
01-02-2015, 09:16 PM
Welcome Dvelvet. Glad to see you join us. I don't know that I have any advice to share on your situation. Personally, I prefer to keep work and play seperate. Then again, I've been happily married for what feels like a hundred years and haven't had to think differently in a very long time :)

AmandaM
01-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Be careful. If he is just kidding, you don't want to have a faux pas. Are you single? Into guys?

Kate Simmons
01-02-2015, 09:49 PM
Not ordinarily. He may be in somewhat of a "closet" himself. Just pay attention. :)

docrobbysherry
01-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Believe me, I'm actually a guy so I know.

Guys don't joke around about flirting with other guys unless something is going on!:hugs:

Diane Smith
01-03-2015, 12:14 AM
Irregardless of issues of sex and gender, my advice is to avoid relationships with work colleagues -- there are way too many opportunities for it to make your (and his) life difficult in the future.

- Diane

dvelvet
01-03-2015, 12:29 AM
Be careful. If he is just kidding, you don't want to have a faux pas. Are you single? Into guys?

Hello Amanda- I am single & into guys

DorothyElizabeth
01-03-2015, 01:00 AM
I can't recommend too strongly against it. If anything at all goes wrong, you will still have to work together. There is a reason for the old adage, "Don't $#it where you eat."

Vanessa2014
01-03-2015, 01:43 AM
Work and flirt? Not usually a good combination.
Be careful :-)

Vanessa

emma-louise
01-03-2015, 04:32 AM
call his bluff ask him out on a date bet he will run a mile x

Katey888
01-03-2015, 05:06 AM
Well here's an interesting thing....

Irregardless of issues of sex and gender, my advice is to avoid relationships with work colleagues -- there are way too many opportunities for it to make your (and his) life difficult in the future.

Looking back at my past, most of my relationships have been with work colleagues or through a working relationship... I wouldn't advise wholly against it - for who are we to suggest that someone should not potentially explore a romantic relationship with another consenting adult who may be interested...? but yes, I agree with Diane in that it can lead to complications - you just need to be careful and sensibly keep your work and leisure lives separate. If he can handle this, then why not...? :)

Katey x

Krisi
01-03-2015, 09:18 AM
First, what is a "FFB relation "?

Second, it is often said "Don't poop where you eat." What this means is, fooling around at work could end up with one or both of you having to leave the job. Imagine having a relationship with a co worker and then you want out and he/she (it works both ways) doesn't want to break up. How is it going to be at work? Will this other person make it miserable for you? Will this person tell stories to other co workers? And of corse it you have a relationship with another male at work, you will both be labelled "gay". This may or may not be OK with you or him.

Many, many years ago when I was much younger I had a relationship with a female co worker. It cost me my marriage. When things didn't go the way she wanted, she called my wife and described my private parts in great detail.

My advice in a nutshell - Don't do it.

AmandaM
01-03-2015, 01:54 PM
OP, you have to ask yourself. If the relationship went south, can you handle him outing you to co-workers?

StarrOfDelite
01-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Workplace relationships can be difficult, so the advice you've been given by several posters to avoid an entanglement with this man is something to which you should give serious consideration. However, you really haven't given enough information for me to feel comfortable saying more than that.
1. Most importantly, you say you aren't married and are into guys, but don't mention his marital status. I think we can safely assume that if he liked your picture, and is joking around and hitting on you, that his 'straightness' is suspect.
2. How large a company are we talking about as your workplace? Does it have policies about workplace romances?
3. Do you work with this man on a daily, interactive basis?
4. If things go sour would this affect your department's efficiency which would affect third parties?
5. Is either of you in a managerial or supervisory position where Sexual Harassment charges could result against you and the employer if things go sour?
6. Do you consider your current employment to be a 'destination job,' or are you looking around anyway?

Alice Torn
01-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Decent jobs are very rare, and far between. Better to stop, set boundries, cool it, and keep a decent job.

kimdl93
01-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Regarding work place stuff, I advise against them. Too many potential problems, particularly if you or he are in supervisory roles.

dvelvet
01-03-2015, 11:53 PM
Hello StarrOfDelite:

1). I am single, however he has a GF for over 7 years.

2.) I work in a hotel where its very gay friendly; I can't recall if they have policies againt coworkers dating, but 2 mgrs that meet on the job are current engaged.

3.) We do not work in the same department, we see each other in the locker room/bathroom or around the hotel.

4.) If thinks go sour, no it will not affect anything

5.) Neither He or I are managers & if anyone shoukd to HR for harrassment it be me (the things he says and does-OMG).

6.) My job is just a job- there's serveral hotels i can work at.

First, what is a "FFB relation "?

My advice in a nutshell - Don't do it.

Sorry, i meant FWB .

Barbara Dugan
01-04-2015, 05:48 PM
The only problem I see is the fact he has a GF, other than that you both are adults is your own choice....I personally wouldn't do it , there are always other ways to date guys

aussie cd
01-04-2015, 06:00 PM
call me naïve or whatever but I have no idea what a FWB relation is?

Dianne S
01-04-2015, 06:08 PM
I believe "FWB" stands for "Friends With Benefits"

The Urban Dictionary Entry (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=friends+with+benefits) explains all.

aussie cd
01-04-2015, 06:09 PM
thankyou Dianne

mechamoose
01-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Clothing, presentation, mode...

None of it matters if *THAT* one makes your toes curl.

I don't care much for your chosen role.. I care about what you CARE about.

Earnest & honest is *super* sexy

/lllliick <3