PDA

View Full Version : My final purge

GypsyKaren
01-29-2006, 07:34 AM
I know I swore that I'd never purge again, but I had to do it, I had no choice. I didn't like wearing them anymore, they made me feel awkward, so I decided to put an end to this crossdressing business once and for all.

I got rid of all of my guy clothes! Gone forever, off to Goodwill, never to be replaced, an end to an ugly chapter in my life. Coats, shoes, you name it, gone. Even a $400 leather jacket, gone. All of my underwear and socks in the trash, gone. It felt so good, Kat and I were smiling the whole time. I wasn't wearing them anymore, and I needed the closet space because Karen does love to shop. I did keep one suit for my daughter's wedding as I promised her I wouldn't show up in a dress (didn't say nothing about a skirt though, a loophole? Better not).

Anyway, the next time any of you get the urge to purge, make sure you're getting rid of the right stuff, it'll save you money in the end.

GypsyKaren

DanaJ
01-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Well, I posted this in another thread, but it fits here too......

Unless you are totally out to the world, everyone should always keep some male clothes on hand.

What if a family member was taken ill, or was in an accident and you had to rush to the hospital? There wouldn't be time to go out and buy new male clothes. If you are not out to the world, would you want to risk not seeing them, or having to come out at a time and place that is not your choosing?

And have you quit your job now, or did you retire? I know you are not going to work dressed en femme? Was this thread for real, or are you just kidding with us?

GypsyKaren
01-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Totally for real. I usually go out in jeans and tops that can go either way, they're just all misses, everything. I can't wear dresses to work because it's a steel mill. I usually go out dressed pretty much all the time now, but when I can't I'm still in women's clothes, feels real good!

GypsyKaren

Nikki Dee
01-29-2006, 10:43 AM
I agree with Dana...unless you have totally transitioned you have to keep something back to wear...but I guess there are so many "neutral" clothes/styles around these days you can do what Karen does to some extent.!
Nikki. xx

paulaN
01-29-2006, 05:08 PM
now that's the right kind of purge. And you had better not wear a dress to the daughters wedding. It's her day not yours.

Paula Rae
01-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Good for you Karen,
I know how good you feel as I did the same thing, here's an excerpt from my post of 1-11-2006

"I'm sure this isn't new, but I haven't heard of it yet. I've gotten rid of all my men's clothing, with the exception of one suit, a white dress shirt and a tie. These I am keeping for funerals, and for my own burial (don't think my children would bury me in a dress)

I was constantly making room for my feminine purchases by packing away my male duds, then one day I realized that I hardly ever wear men's clothing any more. My every day wear consisted of women's jeans, women's slacks or shorts and women's tees and tops, plus a sweater or two.

I packed the clothing in boxes and plastic bags and let them sit on the hallway floor for two weeks, just in case I should change my mind, I didn't so off they went to Good Will today.

I don't try to pass everyday but I don't try to hide my feminine side either. I have no SO
or anyone else living with me, so I am lucky enough to be able to do this and I feel so good about it too."

Sarahgurl371
01-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Karen, you scared me for a minute!

Fallen Angel
01-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Good For You Sounds Like You Really Found Your Innerself Im Happy For You Xxxx

Jasmine Ellis
02-09-2006, 03:41 PM
I'm happy for you dear

Rachael Warren
02-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Well done Karen, sounds like a great idea to me!

Apart from my work attire, I could probably do the same, work though requires me to be a client facing professional most of the time. :(

I have for a couple of years though been wearing mainly female cut jeans in my casual attire, and where possible at work too. I bagged up the male undergarments quite a while back and can't even remember where they are!

The last few times I have had to go to the mainland UK, I went dressed fully in female drab (save shoes), not pretty, but very comfortable, helps with the plane fights too! ;)

I really like the idea of extra wardrobe space, but in reality I am far too tight to throw everything away, I have never purged, and doubt I ever will, heck why should I buy new stuff for my son if I have hardly, if ever, worn the stuff?

A gypsy is nomadic and travels lite, I am not a gypsy I am a home girl and try to be practical, I hoard all sorts, not just clothes, everything to me as my wife says "Could come in handy"!

Anyway, well done, Bravo! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Melinda G
02-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Just a little piece of advice. Never burn all your bridges.

Cathy Anderson
02-10-2006, 05:26 AM
It sounds like we all agree about not purging female clothes.

And the principle there might be: "do not presume now to know your future feelings."

In general, would not the same principle apply in the case of purging male clothes?

Of course, I'm speaking in general here, and not necessarily referring to your situation, which you know better than us.

Cathy

suzy
02-10-2006, 05:46 AM
Never say never.....I've had to eat my words on occasion...but I admire your courage!!!:clap:

GypsyKaren
02-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Us gypsies never look back, and we never come back to the same place again, we keep moving forward. Also, I tend to walk the high wire, and I work without a net, not for everyone, but it works for me.

Karen

TGMarla
02-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Those who know you and associate with you most are likely used to you by now. Steel mill? En femme? They're kind of androgynous, I'm guessing. But whatever makes you happy. I'll probably never go to that extreme, not because I'm afraid, but because that wouldn't be for me. As much as I love femme attire, I'm good with guy stuff as well. It just seems limited at times. It's like males are afraid to experiment with style, color, pattern, and fabric. But I'm happy that you're happy. And remember, girls can throw on a jersey during a good game, too! Oh yeah, the loophole here is that girls can wear guy clothes any time they want to.

In fact, all guy clothes are girl clothes now. I guess I've purged, too!

MsJanessa
02-10-2006, 11:24 AM
equally comfortable en femme or butch---besides what would I wear to work around the house or change the oil in my car--lol