PDA

View Full Version : OMG... Ceera went to a RAVE! My first outing downtown en-femme!

Ceera
01-04-2015, 02:14 AM
Whew! I just got back from the most exciting three hours of CD fun that I can recall for the past six months! I had my first en-femme outing to our downtown 'party district', and attended a rave dance! Before this night, my outings en-femme have all been just going quietly to one local gay nightclub. Oh, and as you read this, bear in mind that I'm in my 50's! Most of the people at the dance were less than half to one third my age, and I kept up with them!

This weekend my 19 year old daughter and I have been attending an anime convention in our home town. She was doing cosplay stuff, and I was running around in a fox fursuit, in male mode. Well... the anime and cosplay fandom crowd is pretty accepting of people cross dressing. It happens as lot with cosplayers of both genders, that they choose to wear a costume of the opposite gender. Sometimes the guys wearing female costumes don't even try to disguise their masculinity. You can encounter a bearded guy in a Japanese girls-school outfit, and no one blinks... The first two days I've remained in male mode, but tomorrow my fox may well become a vixen... *grins* I have a definite female mode for my fursuit as well.

Well... tonight they had a four hour rave dance scheduled, at the con hotel in downtown. So I said, "Why not?" and transformed myself to Ceera and went to the rave en-femme, and by myself. I wore a long, curly black wig, scarlet blouse, black thigh-length skirt, scarlet tights, and a pair of shooties with three inch heels. The only 'costume' thing I wore was a fox tail hanging from the back of my belt. Other than that, I was just 'one of the girls' out for an evening of fun!

I got there and walked right through the hotel's main lobby and up the escalators to the sixth floor where the dance was being held, through the crowds of con goers, and no one even gave me a fishy look! I stopped at a table where a local drag queen and several people from the gay community were promoting an upcoming drag contest, and chatted with them for a bit. The drag queen knew me as Ceera from the gay club that I go to, and was happy to see me. They were all excited when I told them it was my first foray into downtown en-femme.

Then I went to the dance and had to wait in line with a bunch of other people waiting for the hall to open for the dance. Again, no one even looked askance at me. It felt so wonderful to be in a mostly straight crowd and apparently be passing perfectly! I know I'm not really that good at passing, but at least no one was impolite enough to comment on my being 'dressed'.

I chatted and danced with a few people who had met me that day in male mode, and they didn't seem to recognize me! I got right up in the front by the stage in a well lit area and just happily danced with the crowd to the high-energy rave music. I danced for two solid hours in three inch heels, and finally had to quit because my feet just couldn't take any more. But oh! I had so much fun!

I have to say, this has been a wonderful confidence builder for me!

(Photos taken after I got home from the rave.)

victoria76
01-04-2015, 03:59 AM
That's awesome! I'm glad you had fun... I'm sure I would have enjoyed that too. :)

Persephone
01-04-2015, 04:18 AM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Sounds like you had a terrific time!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Marcelle
01-04-2015, 06:54 AM
Hi Ceera,

Having fun is important and it seems like you did just that. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

Ceera
01-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Well, today my fursuit fox will definitely be a vixen! I'm wearing skinny red jeans, black boots, and a red clingy top with a low neckline, with a fur panel showing on the chest area and furry arms, handpaws, tails (three of them, I'm a Kitsune today), and of course the full head fox mask with the hair down to shoulder length and clipped back with two rose clips. I'll get some pics today at the con of that outfit.

This pretty much commits me to being in female mode all day, in a downtown venue! Eeeeee!

StephanieinSecret
01-04-2015, 01:27 PM
There was a post recently about the difference between CD and cosplay...I think you can consider that line officially blurred now Ceera :)

Ceera
01-04-2015, 08:54 PM
*giggles* One of my daughter's 18 year old female friends saw me in my vixen outfit for the first time today. She had seen me the past two days at the anime convention in that fursuit in male mode, and had been introduced to me, so she knew who was wearing that full-head fox mask and triple fox tails. But now instead of my mask's hair being in a relatively masculine pony tail, and me being in male clothes, I was wearing the mask's hair down, mid-shoulder length, and clipped on either side with a rose barrette. And I was wearing a black pair of women's flat-soled boots, crimson women's skinny jeans, and a clingy crimson knit blouse, and sporting a 40C-36-44 figure...

My daughter reported their conversation as this:

Friend: Ummm... is that your dad? (pointing across the room at the very female vixen form I was in.)

Daughter: (Said without missing a beat.) Yeah. He's cosplaying as one of his original characters from some stories that he writes. (Which is true. I do write fiction that features a certain red-furred, three tailed female fox character...)

Friend: Oh... okay...

Technically, you could either say that my male fursuit character was cosplaying the female character, or that I was cosplaying the female fox character.

And when I went to the rave as a girl, I pretty much was cosplaying as "Ceera", because my female persona for cross dresing started as a female roleplaying and fiction character of mine, and Ceera in my stories can appear as either a fox or a human.

That friend saw me up close at the end of the day, after I'd been on site for 5+ hours in female form, and didn't say a word to me... What will be interesting will be when that friend eventually learns that I CD for other reasons than cosplay, too.

Ceera
01-04-2015, 09:05 PM
I'll post pics of my vixen fursuit soon. I need to wait for the photographers to upload them to their websites first. I wasn't able to get anyone to take a pic of me with my camera. Too busy having fun! But a lot of pictures got taken of me, and at least three of the photographers will be making their pictures available to me.

Ceera
01-08-2015, 10:31 AM
I finally got a copy of one of the professional pictures of me in my "Ceera Vixen" fursuit, as I was at IKKiCON all day Sunday! The second multi-panel picture is how I wore the fursuit on Friday and Saturday, in male mode.

scarlett
01-08-2015, 08:06 PM
I guess "raves" are a lot tamer in Austin than here. Here they are usually in a secluded desert location with minor league music ( no one will remember) and ecstasy flowing like a fire pump. Other recreation drugs are everywhere.

Ceera
01-08-2015, 09:47 PM
I guess "raves" are a lot tamer in Austin than here. Here they are usually in a secluded desert location with minor league music ( no one will remember) and ecstasy flowing like a fire pump. Other recreation drugs are everywhere.
Well, this one was rave-style music and dancing hosted at an anime con, at a hotel, so no, not the original drug-laden, flash mob type event that raves originally were. They had two DJ's who aparrently had a strong rep, people jumped as much as they danced, and about two hours into it there was some body surfing starting up, with people being passed hand to hand above a packed dance floor... Closest I saw to drugs was some vapor e-cigarette smokers.

Tracii G
01-08-2015, 10:38 PM
Glad you had a good time.
The only RAVE party I have been to was where lots of illegal things were going on.
I walked in with a friend and saw what was going on and I left in a hurry.