PDA

View Full Version : I have been away for quite a while... I return bearing wonderful news :)

StacyLynn
01-04-2015, 03:41 AM
As the title states, I've been absent from the forum for several months now. I've just been busy with life! But I have returned with some spectacular news! First of all, about five months ago I had come out as a crossdresser to two of my female friends. Since then I have had just fantastic support from those two and they have taught lots of the finer things about womanhood ;). But even with that support I still felt alone, lost and depressed. I decided that 2015 was going to be the end of my misery. I told myself enough is enough, that I wasn't going to hide who I was anymore. I only get one life, and I refuse to live it in hiding because I'm worried of what people might think. I decided that was not the kind of life I wanted to live anymore. So, with that attitude I came out to two of my very good guy friends, my brother, and both my parents on Friday night. The results? I now have an additional five people in my life that know my secret, still love me, and support me no matter how I choose to live my life. It could not have gone better! The path to a newer, better, happier me has started with smooth sailing :D
Oh, and stay tuned for some photos of the makeover my lovely friend gave me on New Year's Eve!

TinaZ
01-04-2015, 03:45 AM
Congratulations, Stacy Lynn! What an amazing start to 2015!

victoria76
01-04-2015, 03:51 AM
That's great! I am pondering the possibility of telling some of my friends, but I'm not really sure if I want to do that or not.
I like my new friends here, anyway. I feel quite happy here for the time being...

Lynn Marie
01-04-2015, 03:53 AM
Very good start StacyLynn. Now find some CD girlfriends to go out with. They will be your "real" friends in the future because they truly understand.

Persephone
01-04-2015, 04:21 AM
Awesome, Stacy Lynn! Enjoy your new freedom!

Hugs,
Persephone.

bridget thronton
01-04-2015, 06:25 AM
Very good news - i hope 2015 continues to be good to you

Marcelle
01-04-2015, 06:29 AM
Hi StacyLynn,

Congrats on your steps forward. Life can lived from the sidelines or tackled head on (it is a personal choice). You have chosen the head on approach and I wish you great success. The best part is you have people in your life who know and have not abandoned you.

Hugs

Isha

Kaz
01-04-2015, 06:39 AM
Hi StacyLynn... sounds like a positive move! I wish you well xxx

Giselle(Oshawa)
01-04-2015, 07:10 AM
fantastic StacyLynn at age 59 if I told my closest male friends about Giselle they would all abandon me.
God Bless your family and your friends, the younger generation is so more open minded/
you go girl!

Claire Cook
01-04-2015, 07:31 AM
StacyLynn,

Welcome back and thanks for sharing your warm story, It sounds as though a big monkey has been taken off your back. We cannot put enough value on understanding and supportive family and friends. May you have a wonderful voyage through 2015 and beyond!

Hugs,

Claire

BLUE ORCHID
01-04-2015, 07:35 AM
Hi Stacy Lynn, Congratulations that's so wonderful.:love:

I Am Paula
01-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Very good start StacyLynn. Now find some CD girlfriends to go out with. They will be your "real" friends in the future because they truly understand.

Au contraire. Assimilate with the cis population. You can't live in a bubble.

JamieG
01-04-2015, 09:11 AM
I am thrilled for you. Enjoy!

Maria 60
01-04-2015, 09:17 AM
Always good to read a happy story. That was the same attitude I had when I told my wife. Good for you and good luck.

Majella St Gerard
01-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Congrats and good luck, living in a closet is no fun, just be yourself and enjoy life, F*** what people think.

stacycoral
01-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Stacy, glad to see you back girl, I am so happy for you, it is great to have your family with you on this important part of your life, girl I can't say enough how great it must be to have a couple of good friends to help you and to go out and be part of the group of girls together, be waiting to see the wonderful pictures your talking about, stay warm up there girl, hugs Stacy

MissTee
01-04-2015, 10:50 AM
I think it's wonderful your friends and family support you. Congratulations!

StacyLynn
01-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Thank you all so much! 2015 has certainly started off with a bang! And I instantly felt happier after it was all out in the open. I used to be very envious of others I saw that were out to friends and family, I've very lucky to be one of those people now.

CarlaWestin
01-04-2015, 11:56 AM
Bold move, StacyLynn. And congratulations to you. You've chosen the right fork in the road at an age (half mine) that gives you a lot of future enjoyment.
Now, let's see those pictures.

Isabella Ross
01-04-2015, 12:04 PM
The truth sets us free...

StacyLynn
01-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Photos Posted! :)

Stephanielawrence
01-04-2015, 02:17 PM
Congratulations! Sounds like your year is starting well! Hoping for same here!

justmetoo
01-04-2015, 02:56 PM
Congratulations, StacyLynn! Sounds like you have some really good friends and family. :)

Beverley Sims
01-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Sounds very life changing to me.
I will watch your progress with interest.

Julie Denier
01-04-2015, 06:21 PM
That's great, Stacy Lynn! Cant wait tonsee your pics ;)

Katey888
01-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Congratz Stacy! :cheer:

Could hardly ask for a better start to the year... :D

Katey x

Stephanie Morgan
01-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Wonderful news! I am so happy things are going well for you. I just love reading posts like yours.

StacyLynn
01-06-2015, 11:21 AM
*UPDATE* on Sunday my mom came over to talk. We had a nice conversation, she asked a few of the more common questions I imagine people in her position ask. How old I was when I started, what drives me to dress up, and what kinds of clothes do I wear. I was an open book and in the end she remained very supportive. I showed her some pictures from my night out on New Years. She was pretty shocked, she was amazed at how I actually looked like a girl (her words). She said it was freaking her out, but not in a bad way. I imagine it's hard to picture your baby boy as a girl haha. But she said that I looked very beautiful, hugged me and then she had to leave with my brother to run some errands. I've never felt such relief in my life. I'm so very glad I took this step.

justmetoo
01-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Very nice, StacyLynn! My mother says it's like having 2 wonderful twins. :)