PDA

View Full Version : Help of a friend- did it change things for you?

amy1986
01-04-2015, 09:01 AM
3 years ago I told a very close female friend of mine that I had cross dressed. She had offered twice to be "part of my journey" and help me, but I was stubborn and decided that I was going to end this. Well 3 years later, I find my self wanted to wear a dress, heels, etc again- I feel like I ended something that was a part of me, and want to explore this again.

I want to reach back out to my friend, but not sure if it is a wise idea of not.

Has anyone had a female friend who has helped out? Did it change your friendship- did it bring you apart or closer. And any advice on how I can bring up the topic with my friend that 3 years later I want to explore this, when in between for 3 years I have never mentioned this/

mykell
01-04-2015, 09:19 AM
hi amy,

i dont have a friend like this but wish that i had.... and if i did i would try to find and explain to her i would like to accept her help,
i imagine it would bring you much closer as she did offer the help and in some form accept the lifestyle you had shared with here when you confided with her,
this person could very well be your sole-mate.....once again dont let it be "what if" , go ahead and mention it.....

Kate Simmons
01-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Perhaps just suggest to her getting together for lunch or coffee and take it from there. She probably didn't forget. The friendship part is the most important part regardless of what we are wearing. :battingeyelashes::)

Crystal Beth
01-04-2015, 09:28 AM
my upstairs neighbor has been a big help. I ran into her and her wife at a club while dressed and it was after a few drinks that we realized I was their new neighbor. She has been a big help through the years be it giving me clothes or giving me advice. This has brought us closer and she is like a little sister. I know I could not have embarked upon this journey without her help and we have both been there for each other throughout the years. My advice is to reach out again. I know my life has been better with the support of more than just a good bra

amy1986
01-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Perhaps just suggest to her getting together for lunch or coffee and take it from there. She probably didn't forget. The friendship part is the most important part regardless of what we are wearing. :battingeyelashes::)

Any advice on how I can bring it up over lunch or dinner? I dont know how to transition from not having mentioned this in 3 years to now saying I want your help.

deebra
01-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Yes, just tell her the desire/need to CD has come back and if she is still willing to help you out it would truly be appreciated. If yes when the two of you are shopping together buy her some pretty, sexy underwear to match those that you purchased for yourself, it will be the right and appropriate gift to show your appreciation for the two of you bonding together in a feminine way.

mykell
01-04-2015, 10:18 AM
you are friends, just ask if she remembers three years ago when she offered her help, then mention if the offer still applies you would like to take her up on her offer,
you already came out to her once so it should be easier the second time, wish you luck.....

MissTee
01-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Any advice on how I can bring it up over lunch or dinner? I dont know how to transition from not having mentioned this in 3 years to now saying I want your help.

Tell her you are long on thought. Likewise, it's a very personal thing and you wanted to be completely confident in yourself before moving forward. Something along those lines would work. My two cents, anyway.

jasminetv2
01-04-2015, 11:05 AM
+1 for deebra's thoughts and suggestion

kimdl93
01-04-2015, 12:35 PM
If she's still a friend,,of course, you can reach out to her. Tell her what you've told us. She'll decide if she is still interested.

CONSUELO
01-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Just be honest and tell her about your decision and how it didn't work out. Many cross dressers feel at some time that they can walk away from it but that it is such a part of them that eventually it comes back. If she is to help you on your journey, she needs to know that it is not just a matter of a few shopping trips and advice on makeup etc. You are also on an emotional journey in search of your true self and she needs to know that.

Marcelle
01-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Hi Amy,

I have several female friends whom I have known for years as "guy me". When I started coming out to friends, they were quick to assist me in providing support when entering the Vanilla world (courage in numbers so to speak). I have since been accepted into their circle as Isha and have been invited to many a "girls night" at their respective houses or out and about. It hasn't really changed our friendship much except I get pulled into some conversations which I would never have had with them as boy me. Funny thing is I am friends with a lot of their husbands and boyfriends so I also get invited to "boys nights" at he same houses (they guys know about Isha) which is a different type of conversation. When we are all together as a group I tend to filter between boys and girls regardless of how I am dressed . . . kind of the best of both worlds.

If you are still friends with this woman I think you will be fine if you broach the subject with her. Take her out for coffee or lunch and just bring it up in conversation and see where it goes.

Hugs

Isha

Jodi
01-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Yes. I had a very good friend at work that I told about my cd'ing. She was cool and helped me immensely on makeup, mannerisms and presenting as a female. We would trade clothes (same size).

Sadly, she was killed in an auto accident 10 years ago. I still miss her.

Jodi