PDA

View Full Version : 2015 keeps getting better.

Carly CD
01-04-2015, 09:55 AM
As some of you know from a post I made a few days ago, about how great things went with my wife and Carly on New Years eve/day, I decided to see if my luck continued and came out to my mother. My mother watches my wife and I's two youngest children at our home and I get home an hour earlier then my wife. So I figured that would be the perfect time. So on Friday I got home and did the normal and sat at the kitchen table and we talked about day to day stuff. I finally got the nerve and said "Mom I need to tell you something" then I cried (I'm a crier :) ). She hugged me and calmed me down and then I told her about Carly. She was so supportive, and wished I would have told her sooner, especially when she found out I had been dealing with it since I was a small child. I was so relieved. My wife walked in and could sense something was up and I told her that I told mom. She was so happy, we all was. I now have three very supportive women in my life, My wife, my mother and my mother in law. My wife can talk about anything with her mom and her mom is the sweetest most non judgmentally person I ever met.

I shared this story and the one a few days ago not just to share my own excitement but to also help others. I always thought my mom wouldn't accept Carly because she is very religious and can be very conservative on issues. A month ago if you told me that Carly would be in the same room as my wife, at my wife's request I would have laughed at you. But I was wrong about them both. I guess my advice is too have faith, continue with communication and go at the pace of the other person. Many years ago I got too pushy with my wife when she was coming to terms with Carly and it caused problems and set us back. But I learned my from my mistake and a few years ago when we brought the subject back up I went at her pace. My mother, I guess a mom will love her child no matter what :) . In closing, I found there was light at the end of the tunnel and although the trip wasn't always easy or looked very promising, it was worth it in the end. I have never been so happy with myself and my life then I am now. So don't give up hope ladies :)

stacycoral
01-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Miss Carly, sounds like you are starting out with a very good year, I am so happy for you that things are working out, and shows that love of a mother for her child, I wish I could only tell my mom but she is almost 90 and her age group really don't understand how we girls could want to be anything but what we were born as, ok, it sounds like your going to have some fun times with your mother and mother in law as women. thanks for the great story, hugs girl,

jasminetv2
01-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Wonderful !

Teresa
01-04-2015, 10:46 AM
Carly,
I'm so glad you talk went well and you now have far more support than you expected from members of your family!
I guess your flood gates opened with your mum because of all the years you'd hidden it from her and suddenly you lose your feeling of shame and guilt, its like a huge weight being lifted off your shoulders !
The important thing is it may be all you want to talk about now but they still have other issues with the rest of their lives so try not to overdo it !

Stephanielawrence
01-04-2015, 01:49 PM
That is great news! I am still struggling with telling my wife. My mother and mother in law live very far away so I'm not sure I will get that far! My plan is to tell my wife soon though!

StacyLynn
01-04-2015, 01:51 PM
I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!! I also came out to my family at the start of 2015! It's a wonderful feeling to have people be supportive of who we are <3

justmetoo
01-04-2015, 02:48 PM
That's great, Carly! (speaking of crying, I'm a little teary-eyed right now because of your post) :)
Sometimes people come through when it's close to home where they might be less open-minded/openhearted when it's more abstract or someone they don't know. (and sometimes it's the opposite)
I think it's good that all 3 of them know. They can talk to each other and to you and not have to bottle it up inside their own self.

victoria76
01-04-2015, 09:01 PM
That's great indeed! :)

JamieG
01-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Great story. I wish I could work up the courage to tell my Mom. I'm not sure she would take it as well though.

Barbara Maria
01-05-2015, 01:19 PM
My mom is long gone,but I often wonder what she'd think of Barbara.She always wanted a girl and never had one.If I could I think I would tell her.I think she'd love me as Barbara and probably buy me clothes and plan girly things for us to do together.