PDA

View Full Version : If You, Would You, How Long

deebra
01-04-2015, 10:36 AM
Looking at the picture gallery on here there are some CD's that are 100% passable and very pleasing to the eye.

If you were twenty again and not married and looked like this would you stay single and enjoy endulging in this gift. To be this attractive and passable would you spend most of your time dressed and enjoying living as a female? Would this lead to you being open to intimate relationships with not just women but also men? If yes, would this be a much better life for you?

CarlaWestin
01-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Twenty again and completely passable. Hmmm. That's a thought. If I could reset to that time and have the framework and sophistication to also be an elegant fun female impersonator, I would spend as much time as possible presenting as a female. But, I would be straight up honest to every woman that I met that I had an incredibly unique and wholesome activity that gives me a much broader view and appreciation than the usual trivial pursuits of most males. I know that, at my age, having an intimate encounter with another male wouldn't go any further than plutonic companionship. Maybe as a twenty-something I'd be more open to more but I doubt it.
Would this be a better life? I've had many opportunities in my life where I was single and living alone. There was even a time that I only had to work one day a week, for about two years.
I could do anything I wanted except, it was so lonely.

Kate Simmons
01-04-2015, 11:20 AM
It depends on the person really. For myself, love is love. Gender notwithstanding.:battingeyelashes::)

Diane Douglas
01-04-2015, 11:23 AM
I have to agree with Carla. Life would definitely be different if I had been honest with myself and we were in today's world and not the 70/80's.

Lady Catherine
01-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Would I stay single? No. I would find some one who loved me for who I am. I would live 100% female If I passed, (Maybe even if I didn't) if I had it to do all over again.

cdinmd206
01-04-2015, 11:40 AM
I doubt it. I like my male side a lot also

Isabella Ross
01-04-2015, 11:45 AM
I'm with Danielle...I love being a man. Actually, what I love is having a foot in both men's and women's worlds. Couldn't imagine not having this choice.

chrissy111
01-04-2015, 11:48 AM
I don't think I would change a thing. I enjoy both of me and the love of sharing my life with my wife. She loves Chris and my guy side equally.

claire_hollinger
01-04-2015, 11:50 AM
I would present female 100% of the time and not worry about what my friends think (most of the people i hung out with at 20 aren't my friends anyway). I would still prolly have gone for my wife, although i would let her know beforehand about my hobby. I would like to see if she would still make the decisions she made if i hadn't robbed her of the opportunity.

Jaymees22
01-04-2015, 11:50 AM
If I knew then what I know now I'm sure I would have had done things differently. I was 20 in 1964 and times were certainly different, so I think if I was 20 today then it would be a no brainer to live my life as a woman and be happy for a long time. Jaymee

Jean 103
01-04-2015, 12:09 PM
If I knew then what I know now would I do things differently or want would have happened if I took a different path. These are things I have thought about form time to time as I am sure we all have. Who I am today is all those experiences put together. It’s like in the movie Back to the Future, you change one thing in the past and everything changes. I had thought if my wife and I ever separated I would relocate so I could go full time, life is just not that simple. Back then was a different time, I did have a boyfriend for a while when I was young. He was completely out, I on the other hand I felt guilt and did not like kissing in public, more or less holding hands. It was a different time.

Dana L
01-04-2015, 12:13 PM
I love my wife and kids and would never change that. That being said, if I were 20 again and knowing that this wasn't a passing fad in my life things would be very different for me. Also if times were different back then and if I didn't fear rejection from my family. The real question is if I were 20 and single now. If I was 20 and single now I would be working towards a full transition and a relationship with a person who would love for who I am weather that person was male of female.

RachelRoxx
01-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Ive had thoughts of crossdressing for as long as I can remember. but it was only recently in the last few that I grew the guts to really do it. Im 30 now. And I regret not doing it sooner. I think of all the awesome times I could have had in my 20's doing this. But Im still young and pretty, im single, no kids. Im going to go all out while I can. But for me I dont really have the want to spend all my time as female. Im 100% happy as a boy that dresses like a girl sometimes.

kimdl93
01-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Why would you presume that one must remain single or engage in intimacy with males as well as females 'to enjoy this gift'? Let's remember that most CDrs are heterosexual. Whether or not one is passable in this hypothetical situation, that wouldn't change their sexual preference, whatever it may be.

sometimes_miss
01-04-2015, 01:16 PM
If you were twenty again and not married and looked like this would you stay single and enjoy endulging in this gift.
No.

To be this attractive and passable would you spend most of your time dressed and enjoying living as a female?
No.

Would this lead to you being open to intimate relationships with not just women but also men?
No. Either you're attracted to males, or you're not. I'm not. My opinion is that there are a lot of folks here who cannot admit to themselves that they are sexually turned on by the concept of having sex with another man. It's understandable. Our western society conditions us from the moment we're self aware to feel that being feminine in any way is the worst thing any male can be. It also implies that homosexual feelings and behavior are just as terrible.

AmandaM
01-04-2015, 01:43 PM
When I was 20, I could get somewhat close to passable, my inner self wouldn't let me enjoy it as much as I could have. If anything, I'd like to go back and change my brain.

Marcelle
01-04-2015, 02:27 PM
I don't think I would want to be twenty again in either gender . . . I was a bit of a jerk at that age :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

Rachael Leigh
01-04-2015, 02:36 PM
If I were 20 again I'm sure I wouid dress more since I love the younger style of clothes but I don't think I wouid stay single.
I love being married. I do think I wouid hope to be more in tune with this part of me so my wife wouid understand me better.

Connief
01-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Knowing what I know now, yes, definitely I would live full time as a woman! My only hope would be to find a woman to be in love with.

Mia27
01-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Being 20 right now, I guess I could say that I have thought about it! But I wouldn't actually do it. My life is great right now, I have a supportive gf. But of course I have always wondered about dressing up for maybe a week or so!:) and I have always wanted to fool around with a man, I am bisexual. But I got a great life now:) maybe in another dimension or if I got a second chance.. Maybe I'd try it out. Haha

Paula_56
01-04-2015, 03:57 PM
After 4 years of therapy, no doubt, I would transition and live my life as woman, wife and mother!

JocelynJames
01-04-2015, 04:26 PM
I don't think I would want to be twenty again in either gender . . . I was a bit of a jerk at that age :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha
I can say the same.

jsunic_1978
01-04-2015, 04:27 PM
i wasnt a JERK but i was always ANGRAY at society IM SO GLAD I HUNG IN THERE :):): i wish i was my SELF when i was 20s life could have been a little easier...,JUST MY EXPERIENCE and speaking for my self.

if you have a supportaive GF BE HAPPY :) im 37 now i never was HONEST with my self till i turned THIRTY your on the right path :) i want to fool around with a man also, BUT DRESSED LIKE US..:):) LMAO :)

JessicaJHall
01-04-2015, 04:40 PM
I agree with Isabella, I am only part girl, and the fun part is that it's just a part!
I learned very quickly after my divorce (not HF caused) and I had a house to myself for nearly two years, that if my male relationship needs are not met, my interest in CDing wains until they are. I actually quit during that time, for over a decade.
But your 20's are hard, you are beautiful, but too [-]stupid[/-] inexperienced to enjoy it, plus you have a sense of that, and it just adds to the frustration... I'm with Isha on going back, and I am in the best place I've ever been in right here and now. Youth truly is wasted on the young, at least it was for me!!
Besides, I can't even imagine the kind of trouble I might have got myself in:eek:.

Kandi Robbins
01-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Not being trans, identifying as a man, I would not change a thing. While doing this more openly for longer may sound attractive, my life would be empty without the love of my wife and my 2 terrific kids. Would not change a thing (except self-acceptance soooo much sooner).

Jonithan
01-04-2015, 05:06 PM
I'm afraid to say that at the age of twenty, I was still living under my parents roof and laws. No way would nor could I ever live out in the open with them like this. I'm much happier being me and the way things turned out. I would of course tell my twenty year old self to hold off on the Hostess Twinkies, Fruit Pies, and Cakes....

Joni

aussie cd
01-04-2015, 06:17 PM
if given the opportunity in todays world to be again 20 and passable, I would definitely explore living as a woman and being intimate with a man (haven't done it in current life but dream) and see how it goes, if I could live that way forever but with the fallback of reverting to casual dresser with wife if it didn't feel right....a girl needs options!

DaphneMiller
01-04-2015, 06:21 PM
When I was twenty, I left home and went backpacking by myself on the east coast of America for months. It was difficult, as I felt I had to abstain from all CDing - there was no internet, and I felt so alone with my 'affliction', and I'm sure people's attitudes towards CDing certainly weren't as accepting as they generally are now.
In hindsight, I was away from home, no-one knew me, so I really should have taken the opportunity to let my hair down (I had hair to let down back then...) and explore that side of me more fully.
Who knows how different my life would have been...

Daphne

Beverley Sims
01-04-2015, 06:46 PM
If Iknew at 21 what I know now, I might very well have made a career of it.
I enjoyed being a girl.

I still do.

Jodi
01-04-2015, 07:03 PM
If I could be 20 and have the same social skills, confidence and economic status that I have now, then yes to go out and about and have fun. Alas, I was just a kid with none of what I listed.

One must also remember that at my age 20, it was the mid 1960's. Cd'ing was illegal. No one knew the term trans gender, and one risked life and limb to go out and do this.

Today is a whole different time. Those 30 years old and under don't have clue what it was like to cd back in the dark ages, ie 1950's, 1960's, etc.

Jodi

BLUE ORCHID
01-04-2015, 07:19 PM
Hi Deebra, I like having the best of both worlds.:daydreaming:

Hi Beverly, That boat lift avatar is really awesome.

DorothyElizabeth
01-04-2015, 07:45 PM
Like Jamees22, I was twenty in 1964. I don't know what I would have done. I like being able to be a male in some regards but in some I am certainly more happy as a female. One thing I know: I would have allowed myself to become freely bi-sexual, or as one of my GG acquaintences called it, "ambisexual".

Kelley Anne
01-04-2015, 08:26 PM
If I could go back and be passable in my 20's I would do it in a heartbeat. I would live 24/7 as a woman and find a man to fall in love with.

S. Lisa Smith
01-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Sitting here, now, I would not. I have had a great life, have a wonderful wife and great sons. What I would have done when I was 20 in 1969 is anybody's guess...

victoria76
01-04-2015, 08:43 PM
I'll say I would go out dressed up more often, but not always. Like the others say, I too like being a man. Both worlds are a prefect balance for me.

Adriana Moretti
01-04-2015, 08:52 PM
hmmmm....no desire to be twenty again.......and no desire to get married EVER.......and I HAVE had relationships with both men and women...........that dosent make my life that much better either...just different...... IF is a middle word in life.....I learned that from watching Apacolypse Now..xoxo

marie_cd
01-04-2015, 09:38 PM
Believe it or not I was in much worse shape when I was 20 than I am now. If I could go back and pass (unsure if I'll ever..), I might make a clean break when I switched schools and start going out presenting female most of the time. Never been interested in men though, so I would still have to be open with females. Might make it a bit harder to find someone as good as my current partner.

jsunic_1978
01-04-2015, 11:55 PM
I WANT TO LIVE 24/7 AS FEMALE AND FIND AN LESBIAN FEMALE TO FALL IN LOVE WITH.....i im CD cause im lesbian in the wrong body...I GUESS IM REALLY THAT DIFFERENT AFTER ALL

SisAimee
01-05-2015, 12:24 AM
Wow, what a tough question to answer. I often think now, after being married for over 30 years that I'd prefer to not have to hide Aimee from anyone though, lik e Carla said, it would be very lonely. However, I could wear my cute things, have my nails done, shave my legs and underarms and be dressed whenever I wished. Maybe a compromise would be if I have a few months a year to myself...oh my how I would take advantage of that.

Lacey New
01-05-2015, 06:41 AM
If I was 20 again but it was 2015 with changes in attitude that we have seen since tie 60's and 70's, then I would probably have done things differently. I don't think I would have transitioned - I'm comfortable being a male but I probably would be out more. and would have found a supportive SO. - Don't take that that I don't love my wife - my marriage have been great but this is a fantasy question right?

Jorja
01-05-2015, 07:15 AM
I transitioned at 23, I married at 40, he died at 55. Except for the mourning period I have loved every second of my life. Would I do it again? You bet!

Krisi
01-05-2015, 07:18 AM
Two things to remember:
1) You are seeing one or two still pictures of someone at their very best. You don't know what they look like when they walk or sound like when they talk.

2) Remember, this is the Internet and it's possible what you think you're seeing is not reality. Put another way, you may be seeing pictures of actual women passed off as crossdressers.

To answer your question, if I was twenty years old I would be working on my career and not trying to pass myself off as a woman.

Judith96a
01-05-2015, 09:23 AM
If I were 20 again? I suspect that much depends whether you mean in 1981 or 2015!
1981 - I'm not sure that I'd change much. I wouldn't stay single (hated that). I would try to spend more time en femme (maybe move further from home to facilitate that) but probably no more than evenings and weekends. Still wouldn't be attracted to men. Would definitely have told any potential wife before marrying.
2015 - Still wouldn't stay single. Would definitely spend much more time en femme - probably not at work but definitely more than would have been comfortable/practical in 1981! Would probably want 2nd date with any GG to be en femme and still only interested in GGs!

Sarasometimes
01-05-2015, 09:26 AM
After some thought, I'm with Kandi.

Also being passable and being with a man are not relevant to each other. To be with a man, you need to be attracted to men and I'm not and never have been.

Megan70
01-05-2015, 09:30 AM
I would stay that way for 7 -24 hour days , go to clubs, parties, bars, pick up men and get laid as many times as i could(if I were a female with genitalia) Wondered what it would feel like on the 'receiving end' Try for a pickup night record of 5 different guys between 8pm and 2 am and really screw my brains out. Then the bubble would burst and I'd be myself again

Stephanie47
01-05-2015, 09:50 AM
If I was twenty again (1967) and passable...I think I would have been if you think a tall young woman is your thing....I would not live 24/7 or close to it. There has always been a lot more to me than the desire to wear women's clothing. One of the issues back in the 1960's if the potential absence of true friends or even family. Even today I think a very very small minority of cross dressers (not including transitioning here) find society truly tolerant. Sure, not many people are going to chase you out of town with pitchforks and burn your house down, but, neither are they going to be true friends. If I was twenty NOW that may be a different story. I would probably compartmentalize my cross dressing and have a set of friends or acquaintances who are similarly minded.

Heather_Shirly
01-05-2015, 10:00 AM
I would very much like to go back to when i was twenty and do it all over!

I was dressing then but purging almost right after i dressed and felt guilt about dressing.

If i could go back i would do my best to work on passing and live as a women everyday. I think that is because now i am very much in touch with this side of myself and being a women full time would make me a little more happy.

Not sure about the relationship stuff though. I would imagine i would have still been bi and i would explore all sides of my sexuality.

Gypsy Sam
01-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Twenty again; Endulging the gift.-Closeted perhaps, because I would enjoy more having a intimate relationship with a attractive GG
Living as female- Prefer living as male because it comes with more freedoms.
Bisexual intimacy-Enjoy heterosexual intimacy most. TGCD person would be confusing.

Must have strong feelings at the other end of the spectrum than myself. Creativity and imagination may give some experience to you from a perception you do not perceive right now.

Sc0rp10N
01-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Hmmm... At 20, I wanted nothing to do with cross-dressing. I thought it was immature, a way to get attention and, honestly, my testosterone levels were so high and my understanding so low, I equated it with being gay or transgendered. If I could go back, all I would change, knowing what I know now, is my understanding of it and maybe move the date of my first experimentation back to around that time period. I was around 37 the first time I ever wore a single article of women's clothing.

JamieG
01-05-2015, 12:39 PM
My biggest problem at age 20 was self-confidence. Assuming I had the confidence then that I do now, I certainly would have started going out in public en femme on a regular basis. I doubt I would have gone full-time, as I think that would have been difficult for my family as well as for me professionally. I'm not attracted to men, but I had a hard time getting dates with women when I was in my 20s. As a result, it is conceivable that I might have gone out with one of the more refined hypothetical admirers my femme self would attract, but I doubt anything intimate or long-term would have come out of it.

Maybe, I'm a bit of a romantic, but I imagine that after some time to be comfortable as a single sometimes-woman, I would meet my current wife in a bar while I was en femme. We would still make the instant connection that we made when we first met in this reality. We would start dating, get married and raise the family that we have now. Except we would have skipped the pain and suffering that came with the post-wedding reveal and might be have more frequent nights on the town as two women in love.

suchacutie
01-05-2015, 03:00 PM
If I were 20, confident in my ability to pass, and it is still 2015, I can see where I would be very interested in spending quality time in both of my genders, equally if possible. Romantically I've never been attracted to men, no matter how I'm presenting.

Tiffany Jane
01-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Life is enjoyed looking forward and realizing the rearview only brought you here in the moment. It is the adjustment made going forward you must truly analyze if it is change you are looking for.

Rhian
01-05-2015, 06:04 PM
To be honest at 20 I was in no place to dress in public, let alone live full time in a woman as I found University to be the most judgemental place I have spent any part of my life. I might try and spend a couple of weeks dressed as a woman in a few years when I hopefully will have moved out but it will never be something I would want to do or could do full time.

StarrOfDelite
01-05-2015, 07:32 PM
These threads always bother me, because the invoke the "it's a Wonderful Life" paradox.

I suppose that there is hardly a human being anywhere who, if offered a chance at at a Re-do on life, wouldn't think about accepting it. However, that necessarily means that all of the things that you have done would be negated and totally nullified. If you are a parent, then it would mean that your children would not exist. If you have done something which saved lives or helped a community, who would have done that if you had been elsewhere?

If there actually are an infinite number of universes, and our life choices fork off everytime we make a decision, then I would love a chance to see what occurred in the parallel universe where I made the choice to be a full-time, or at least most-time transgender. But, not at the cost of obliterating the life I've had, and the legacy I've created, good, bad, or indifferent.

In any case, to echo the comments of other posters on this thread, when I was 20 years old things were not very pleasant in this country, or the rest of the world, for Gays, Lesbians, and Transgenders.

ophelia
01-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Again, dreamland. But, it's taken a long time to understand CDing as much as I do. In my twenties I was far more impulsive and far less deductive as far as peoples' reactions. It would fail.

Joni T
01-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Probably not. Too much work to get ready every day,
Joni

SandraInHose
01-05-2015, 08:47 PM
If I were 20 again? I suspect that much depends whether you mean in 1981 or 2015!
1981 - I'm not sure that I'd change much. I wouldn't stay single (hated that). I would try to spend more time en femme (maybe move further from home to facilitate that) but probably no more than evenings and weekends. Still wouldn't be attracted to men. Would definitely have told any potential wife before marrying.
2015 - Still wouldn't stay single. Would definitely spend much more time en femme - probably not at work but definitely more than would have been comfortable/practical in 1981! Would probably want 2nd date with any GG to be en femme and still only interested in GGs!

Lots of good, thought-provoking answers here. But Judith's reply echoes my sentiments the best. We're the same age, evidently, too.

These threads always bother me, because the invoke the "it's a Wonderful Life" paradox.

I suppose that there is hardly a human being anywhere who, if offered a chance at at a Re-do on life, wouldn't think about accepting it. However, that necessarily means that all of the things that you have done would be negated and totally nullified. If you are a parent, then it would mean that your children would not exist. If you have done something which saved lives or helped a community, who would have done that if you had been elsewhere?

If there actually are an infinite number of universes, and our life choices fork off everytime we make a decision, then I would love a chance to see what occurred in the parallel universe where I made the choice to be a full-time, or at least most-time transgender. But, not at the cost of obliterating the life I've had, and the legacy I've created, good, bad, or indifferent.

In any case, to echo the comments of other posters on this thread, when I was 20 years old things were not very pleasant in this country, or the rest of the world, for Gays, Lesbians, and Transgenders.

Great post. I always fantasize about what if I'd done this or gone here earlier in my life, how different things would be. Always fun to think about, until the realization that my kids would have never existed. Way too sobering to continue daydreaming about my selfish fantasies! But that doesn't mean I'll stop pondering my parallel universe!

SophieBee
01-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Only being a few months down this CDing road and struggling somewhat to understand where it's going, I'm tempted to say it would be good to have been 20 and know what I know now and experiment and discover the real me instead of the 40yrs of confusion and denial which I have experienced on and off.
Who knows what being open back then would have been like.
Having said that we are the sum of our life's experiences and I would'nt change my wife and kids for the world, I just hope they don't want to change me when they find out!

harmony
01-05-2015, 11:12 PM
in my 20s and 30s i was too busy with school,career,family etc but i did it all and than some in my 40s and early 50s and i am still basking in the highlights of my somewhat late and glorious career as an artistic crossdresser.at age 68 now i dress at home every 2 or 3 month and try to recreate the magic but its no good.i am content with that though!the bucket list is empty and so be it.i am harmonious...are you?(old indian greeting)

laura.lapinski
01-06-2015, 01:56 PM
I love these kinds of questions.

I would say things would have been different for me, especially if this web site had been around and I was aware there were so many others like me, and just different people out there. I probably would have stayed in the closet though. I mean, I would have still had to work. But, I'm sure I would have met someone online and had a relationship with them (CD or guy, or woman who accepts CD)

I think anytime you are getting a desire or need fulfilled it make life better. As long as the desire/need are not the only aspect of your life making you happy, its fine to have the life you need that makes you most happy.

Still looking for it, but content as can be.
Laura

Lexi_83
01-06-2015, 03:14 PM
No, because work....

Cheryl T
01-06-2015, 04:57 PM
20 and fully passable...I'd be full time and headed for surgery to complete my transition.

Felicia Dee
01-06-2015, 05:16 PM
I don't know that I would have done things any differently, personally. Perhaps I would have been more out/vocal and accepting of myself... But I'm one to believe that things happen the way they happen because that's how they're meant to happen. xox

Christie ann
01-06-2015, 05:49 PM
20 again but knowing what I know now. It would be the fast track to transition. That was not an acceptable destination in the 1970's.

Madilyn A.
01-06-2015, 07:23 PM
If the world were as accepting as today back in the early 70's and I knew about the numbers of girls like myself in my area, I have no doubt I would be seriously considering transitioning. I have tried to act as an alpha male for all these years, that's not me. I wish I could roll back the clock.

MariaA
01-06-2015, 07:42 PM
lexi_83 I agree with you. Work would have still prevented me from dressing as often as I want. I would have not purged as many times as I did however I guess that comes with dressing and not knowing what to make of it.

AlyssaS
01-06-2015, 10:05 PM
If I were 20 here in 2015 with all the support groups and internet info, I would have transitioned in some way.

More than likely, I would have gone on hormones, and gotten a nice feminine body, but not gone all the way with surgery. I like my penis, and the idea of being penetrated makes me cringe. Maybe I'd feel differently after a couple of years on hormones, but if I could just conjure up my perfect body, I'd keep my penis but have all the real feminine curves I could.

But back in the early-mid 1990s, the info was scarce, and it wasn't until my late-mid 20s I realized transitioning was a real option, and I decided it wasn't worth it to me. I had a career by then, and a girlfriend (now wife with 2 great kids) and so I'll accept that my body isn't my ideal one and enjoy the crossdressing instead.

Lexi_83
01-21-2015, 04:09 PM
lexi_83 I agree with you. Work would have still prevented me from dressing as often as I want. I would have not purged as many times as I did however I guess that comes with dressing and not knowing what to make of it.At 20 I was too confused sexually/gender wise to make that choice, anyway.

Sarah-RT
01-21-2015, 04:35 PM
im mid 20's, single, no kids but still find myself hidden away in my bedroom. I also have that fear that if i get too involved into it that later in life it could become a problem.

In a funny way as easy as it would be to tell everyone and do it publicly I have to say I would miss the sneaky part of hiding in my room, or doing shopping as secretly as possible, adds a fun side to it

Stephanie_CD_64
01-21-2015, 04:40 PM
I enjoy marriage. I wish my SO were more accepting. If I were 20 again, I would have definitely been more open to my SO, and perhaps we would have never been married.

I just wish I would have been more honest and open from the beginning.

Stephanie Julianna
01-21-2015, 05:15 PM
This is really hard to answer because if I was twenty again, I now know my future and I could not imagine how I would have succeeded in life without my wife, kids and now grandchildren. I can't imagine a world without them. I started passing at age 30 and could pretty much go anywhere when I got to dress. I did the whole drag scene in NYC and had a male admirer and best friend whose arm I could hang on in any venue, drag or straight. I will admit that there were times when I questioned if I should cross over and transition but when my head cleared all I could see was my family and how they completed me. That desire to have a family would not have been erased with SRS and I would have been a very unhappy trans if I had succumbed to those fleeting desires. So although I love and sometimes crave dressing I could not do it full time. I wouldn't mind having a twenty something body though.

Ceera
01-21-2015, 06:28 PM
I think a lot would depend on when/where I was living.

To be twenty again now, living in 2015, and able to pass completely as an attractive female? I'd jump at the chance in a heartbeat! I'd likely spend my time 50/50 as either gender, would date either gender, and would seek a mate or lovers who could accept me completely in both modes and love me for being me! I wouldn't try to transition the rest of the way to being fully female. I think I would be very happy with that life! But I wouldn't feel I had to remain single to live it. I'd still seek a mate.

To be twenty again back when that was my age, living in the 1970's, and have a choice to be able to pass completely, and having a choice to CD or Transition and live a different life? I would probably have said no. Mostly because attitudes nearly 40 years ago were far less accepting of LGBT issues or transgender people, and because I wouldn't have dared to do it while my parents - especially my father- were still alive and could have found out! If I did find myself in that situation back then, I probably would have had a lovely in-the-closet life as a cross dresser, but any outings would be done far from my home and work. I seriously doubt I would have tried living as a woman ful time or transitioning to a female gender completely. I suspect my sex life wouldn't have been all that great, because I would be afraid of the reactions of any men or women that I might date when they discovered I wasn't a genetic girl.

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-22-2015, 04:06 PM
I would probably dress as a woman pretty much full time, but would not want to try dating men, I like woman way too much. I would be much more easy with the dressing because times have changed over the years. To be single with no kids or wife, yes I would go full time female but I do have adult kids and grandkids so it's part time for Sandra Michelle!!!!

immike
01-22-2015, 04:51 PM
If I could be 20 again,I would love to slide into a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders uniform

Kristyn Hill
01-22-2015, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't transition as I love the balance my inner-self has and love walking around knowing that part of me is watching everything and everybody. I love being cd/tv with a touch of tg but it is only a touch that would not want to be full time female. I am attracted to girls like us and gg's but not males. Female form only so I have summed it up that I must be a lesbian. <Proud of It>

Lexi_83
02-03-2015, 01:14 PM
im mid 20's, single, no kids but still find myself hidden away in my bedroom. I also have that fear that if i get too involved into it that later in life it could become a problem.I don't understand what you mean? That more people would know or be judgmental? I mostly worry about how it might impact my career if someone who was close-minded found out. The bigger the company the more people like to gossip.

Adelaide
02-03-2015, 05:30 PM
If I were 20 again and fully passable, I would certainly start the process towards transition....all the way except the genitals. In the late 70s / early 80s, I had nobody to talk to regarding how I felt. There was no internet to learn more, I had never heard of a sexual therapist. I did not know if I was "nornmal". I wish I had the tools younger people have today to learn more and make clear decisions. I would have loved to be a woman...

AccidentalDresser
02-04-2015, 05:16 AM
I am now 34 and pretty sure I could pass full time if I really wanted to. If I had the money and didn't have to work for a while, I would possibly still consider moving to a different state and living as a female full time till I was fully comfortable with the new me. Then I would find a new job and experience life from a woman's point of view.
I have already thought about the outfits I would wear and the type of home I would live in, the furniture and garden etc.

I have never had any attraction to a man so I can't see that ever changing, although I would on occasions allow one to take me out to dinner and pay for everything just to see what it was like but I would be very very fussy about who I went out with.
I may be persuaded to go out with a fellow CD who also passed 100% so we could be the hottest looking lesbian couple around and watch all the men falling all over themselves trying to take us both home

I can't say whether anything would or wouldn't happen between us as I have never been in that situation but I you never can tell if we both felt strongly enough about each other. After all, they do say "Love knows no bounds"

Jane G
02-04-2015, 05:40 AM
I probably would have transitioned and life would have been so different and a lot of unanswered questions would have been answered and a lot more would have been created. Instead I ran away to the Navy, got married and have two great kids and a loving wife of 30+ years now. Alas I'll never get those questions answered, but the most important thing, we have a great life together. We are who we are what ever we look like.

erickka
02-04-2015, 05:46 AM
I'm with Danielle...I love being a man. Actually, what I love is having a foot in both men's and women's worlds. Couldn't imagine not having this choice.

I feel this way too.... We have the BEST (and of course, the worst) of both worlds.

Jeri Ann
02-04-2015, 06:13 AM
If I was twenty right now and know what I do, my future would look nothing like my past.
I definitely would transition, wait for the right man to come along and experience life together.
When I was younger passing was not an issue. I was twenty in 1970. It was not a TG friendly world then.
Happiness does not always come by being dealt a winning hand but playing the hand you're dealt to win.

Jeri

Lily Catherine
02-04-2015, 06:31 AM
I actually turn 20 this year. Given the choice and (lack of) constraints I would certainly wish to present en femme as much as possible, but I'd be sure to tell upfront if and only if asked. It's all too easy to dismiss others' reactions but then we all as people have our boundaries. Hurr.

As a student, maybe I'd consider being much more open about this part of me / habit / 'other side', but then again I'd have a million other things on my mind besides being a dude trying to look like a lady. If I do at all, mostly makeup at best. After all, while I was at pre-university, cross-dressing was very heavily frowned upon by the discipline committee. I was one of their first targets of the year I enrolled - my entire orientation group wanted to wear the uniform of the opposite sex.