PDA

View Full Version : So, go figure, it really does get easier.

Ms. Laura
01-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Well, after much anxiety leading up to my last show shopping adventure, I went on another this weekend.

I went to the local wig boutique because I wanted some new long locks. A friend of mine came along. Afterwards, she said, "how about some lunch? "

I panicked for a moment. She said, "you'll be fine, if I can do it, you can do it. " So, we both went to a 99, mid day, on a Saturday, in Manchester. And guess what, not one pitchfork to be seen!

It wasn't exciting. It wasn't a rush. It was just nice. And aside from a few looks, everyone was very pleasant.

You can do it too.

Oh, and I'm sorry I didn't believe everyone who said it gets easier! And thank you for the encouragement.

jsunic_1978
01-04-2015, 01:33 PM
good for you :) isnt it NICE getting waited on AS FEMALES???? :) IF we are read its no big deal its how we present :)

Laura28
01-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Great story, but i am so jealous, love the 99 and miss it, lol.

Dianne S
01-04-2015, 01:35 PM
Congratulations! And it really *does* get easier. It took me about 20 outings to get to the point where I'm happy doing everything presenting as a woman... going to restaurants, the library, the bank, grocery shopping, whatever... it just seems completely normal.

Kate Simmons
01-04-2015, 01:37 PM
It is easy if we are truly comfortable in our own skins. :battingeyelashes::)

jsunic_1978
01-04-2015, 01:52 PM
AND IT BECOMES COMPLETE NORMAL FOR PEOPLE AROUND US as well :) THERE STILL is just a SMALL precentage of female cashiers that are just completly RUDE and dont even say hello BACK that dont wreck my day,, its just 1 percent of PEOPLE thats all :) i go in there LANES ON PURPOSE :)

michelleddg
01-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Hang on there, Ms. Laura! You got gushed over by experts (hungry for a sale, no doubt) at the wig boutique then did the girl's lunch, and it wasn't a rush?

I don't understand. Sounds glorious. :-) Hugs, Michelle

Marcelle
01-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Hi Laura,

Hate to say it . . . but I will . . . told you so :). It is always pleasant just going out and being who you need to be and yes, the rush does disappear and it just becomes common place . . . but nice. CONGRATS!!!!

Hugs

Isha

GretchenJ
01-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Hi Laura,

Hate to say it . . . but I will . . . told you so :).

Hugs

Isha

Yeah, what she said LOL. But honestly, until you do it yourself, you just don't know. So glad Laura that your second time out was as good your first.

justmetoo
01-04-2015, 03:02 PM
Isha is quite right! and so is Gretchen! It does get easier, one can get used to it to the point where you feel at ease and it's not a "rush", it's just comfortable. It's also true that hearing other people tell you that doesn't necessarily make the initial steps of actually getting out there yourself any easier. Experience is a great teacher. Congrats to you, Ms. Laura!

BLUE ORCHID
01-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Hi Laura, You are out there now there will be no holding you back anymore.:hugs:

Jenniferathome
01-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Laura, you'll be amazed at how much each time going out becomes a non-event. It's in our heads. Funny.

Good on you!

S. Lisa Smith
01-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Good for you!! It gets easier and lots more fun!! How was the food? The only time I went to 99 it wasn't great...

Ms. Laura
01-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Haha, food was fine. Got, what else, a salad. I'm really trying to get to a 29 inch waist but it ain't happenin'

kimdl93
01-04-2015, 10:25 PM
The really interesting thing is that while going out en femme becomes a non-event from the standpoint of emotional stress, the world becomes a much more inviting, enjoyable and expansive universe. There are so many things you'll do with a whole different perspective.

CherylFlint
01-04-2015, 11:14 PM
Nice going.
And it does get easier.

justmetoo
01-04-2015, 11:47 PM
Very true, kim! It opens up a world of possibilities!