PDA

View Full Version : Caught at the shoe store

junetv
01-05-2015, 10:56 AM
Well, last Saturday, i went to DSW in the morning looking for some riding boots. It was in an area that is not that popular, at least among the people that I know. Well, a family friend (my age) that I have known since childhood comes up to me in while I'm in the size 10 ladies clearance section, and I have have 2 boxes of boots in my hand and says "hello", then she asks "what are you doing here?" Well, I didn't expect to see anyone that I knew, so I didn't have an alibi prepared, so I told her, "I'm a crossdresser" and then she said "I know." Well, I felt a little relief for some reason, but then I asked, "how long have you known?" Then she said "thought you were joking" after I showed her a picture of me dressed (I'm always cracking jokes or being sarcastic around my friends).

Then I said "Crap!" I was starting to unravel. I begged her not to let anyone know, not even her husband. She promised she wouldn't tell anyone. (I hope she keeps that promise to me) After a few questions about how and why of my crossdressing, she gave me a hug and we said goodbye.

After mulling it over this weekend, I feel like she was lying to me. I think she knew. Which I wish was the case for some odd reason. I don't think she wants to give out her source. Which I can respect

Anyway, I'm feeling a little weird and vulnerable after this week. But at least I found some riding boots and another pair of black dress boots Yes, I still got them after that encounter. :)

Nikkilovesdresses
01-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Yes, sounds like her instant reply was probably true, unless she's very quick on the draw.

I was going to suggest you ask her out to lunch/coffee and quiz her further, but then I remembered you are in fact a guy, and that might not be quite the most sensible course of action! On the other hand, do you like her enough to go as June? Could be the start of a nice girly friendship...

Tracii G
01-05-2015, 11:09 AM
If she is like most women I know she will tell someone.
But hey the cat is out of the bag now so I wouldn't worry about it.
If someones says something just own it and act like its no big deal. Defuse the situation so to speak.

BethanyCross
01-05-2015, 02:54 PM
"Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead" - Mark Twain. Despite that truism I hope your friend keeps her word. It may be the beginning of a great friendship

Maria 60
01-05-2015, 07:21 PM
As my wife says, don't hide something in the snow, because it's just a matter of time before the snow melts. One doesn't believe shopping for shoes isn't a big risk, but it was. I am praying for the best to come out of this, but a women with a secret. I think you know what I am talking about. Keep us updated.

kimdl93
01-05-2015, 07:53 PM
You're reading into it way too much. Although she may have known, But if she knew beforehand and was in any way intolerant, I doubt she would have engaged you in conversation. As for inferring that she was lying...why? She really has nothing to hide.

As I see it, either way, you've nothing to lose. If she had known, the cats out of the bag. If not, having talked to you, she's probably less likely to repeat the story. Nothing's guaranteed, but such is life.

jjjjohanne
01-05-2015, 08:47 PM
If her saying, "I know" was a joke, then she is awesome cool! She hugged you knowing you are a CD. I think she sounds like she's safe. You're right to feel wigged out. We all would be.

BillieJoEllen
01-07-2015, 01:51 AM
I was in a Catherine's a few weeks ago and as I was walking in somebody said in a loud voice (male) Merry Christmas! I looked around and didn't see where the voice was coming from. Once again Merry Christmas but this time he added my first name. When I saw him I at first thought it was someone else that I knew but then he told me who he was. I was shocked at first because my wife and I sometimes do business with him. We talked a bit and he seemed to know everything about me. But I was there to shop and I went to look at what I came to look for. I hope the next time we see him he won't mention our meeting. That would be awfully hard to explain to my SO.

jessica33
01-07-2015, 09:52 AM
I agree with Tracile once the cat is out the bag there is nothing you can do about it . I told my wife about Jessica after we got married and she promised not to tell anyone . Guess what , she told her sister later .

Judith96a
01-07-2015, 11:02 AM
Oops June!
I really don't know what to make of this!
The trouble with cracking jokes and being sarcastic around your friends is
they don't always know when you're being serious
they're likely to respond in kind which means that you don't always know whether they're being serious

It feels to me like she really did think that you were being your usual joking self and that you've let the cat out of the bag in short order!
Will your friend keep your secret? None of us can tell (unless by chance we happen to know her). My usual advice is "hope for the best but prepare for the worst". So... Are you married? If you are and your wife doesn't already know about your cross dressing then I would seriously consider telling her before it slips out!
Good luck!
Judith

larry
01-07-2015, 12:12 PM
I am really getting to appreciate the getting caught stories. I go to Lane Bryant more often these days and always check out ladies fitness wear wherever I am.
Only a matter of time I suppose. hehehe

Nancy Sue
01-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Buying riding boots in a store - not so "out", by itself. Everyone knows I wear women's shoes, because my men's size is 8.5A, and "for $400 a pair I can buy men's shoes that fit". Even SAS' narrowest men's shoes are too wide for me, even with double thick socks! The Reebok black walkers I wear with suits are women's size 10. My NuBalance daily wear tennis shoes are women's 10.5A, and still require doubt thick socks to fit. So its easy for me to find pumps to fi!. Next time, if you say something like "my feet are so narrow I have to buy boots (shoes, whatever) in women's sizes to get them to fit" she would not have thought anything, unless she already knew, of course. But then again, hindsight is 20/20.

Beverley Sims
01-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Well June, this will be a test of a good friend.
I hope she passes the test.