PDA

View Full Version : boob squishing experience

Jennifer-GWN
01-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Morning all and Happy New Year;

Had quite a boob squishing experience this morning. First baseline Mammogram. Was quite an experience. Nothing like being poked/prodded/and squished first thing in the morning. Wish I could have gotten the pictures; perhaps my Dr will provide if I ask.

I guess whether you are Cis or transitioning Mammograms are just part of the deal and getting a baseline is the place to start.

cheers... Jennifer

Nigella
01-07-2015, 11:40 AM
Had to decline my first invitation as there was nothing to work with, I had only just started HRT. I thought that the next one, only a few months ago, would result in being told, not enough to check, boy was I wrong. It was uncomfortable to say the least and I was surprised by the amount of tissue they could squeeze in.

LeaP
01-07-2015, 11:47 AM
I was told by my doctor that there was no need until I had been on hormones for five years.

I Am Paula
01-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Me too. Both my endo, and my GP said that.

Jorja
01-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Get used to them my dear. They don't get any better. ;(

whowhatwhen
01-07-2015, 12:57 PM
I had a breast ultrasound yesterday and it hurt quite a bit, from the description I'm not excited about the future of boobchecks.

LeaP
01-07-2015, 01:14 PM
Corinne, you are really not going to like the new suction-based machines, then ... :D

whowhatwhen
01-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Considering suction caused the problem I had in the first place you're probably right.
;)

Rianna Humble
01-07-2015, 05:03 PM
I checked with the mammography service before attending mine and they said nothing about 5 years so I went along and the equipment had broken down. Went back a couple of weeks ago and got squished like everyone else

Eringirl
01-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Hope your feeling better now...maybe some shopping therapy?!?! :D

Chat soon.

Erin

Sandra
01-08-2015, 12:59 PM
The pain and discomfort for having a mammogram is much better that being told you have breast cancer.

Kaitlyn Michele
01-08-2015, 02:48 PM
yep...

after my first mammogram
I was in the waiting room and there were 4 of us and one after another the tech came in and said "you can go" ... then came back and said to me "the doctor would like to see you!!"...omg...turned out I have high breast density and he wanted me back for a 2nd test in 6 months to make sure that's all it was...

Natasha V
01-08-2015, 06:45 PM
I had a Breast Ultrasound a few months back. How often am I supposed to get checked cause they have grown a bit more now at a B cup. With some puffiness and itchy nipples. Everything was clear then.

Karen62
01-09-2015, 12:46 AM
yep...

after my first mammogram
I was in the waiting room and there were 4 of us and one after another the tech came in and said "you can go" ... then came back and said to me "the doctor would like to see you!!"...omg...turned out I have high breast density and he wanted me back for a 2nd test in 6 months to make sure that's all it was...

Gulp! That was publicly insensitive! What an awful moment to go through.

Karen