PDA

View Full Version : Bitter cold, but one lady not dressed for it!

Alice Torn
01-07-2015, 10:16 PM
It was dangerously cold today, with the high, 2 degrees!. I had tights, jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, lumberjack shirt, and insulated coveralls, and fur hat on, and gloves. I stopped to get groceries at an Aldi store, in Rochelle, Illinois, and noticed everyone was bundled up fairly well. As i paid for my groceries, and was bagging them, in walks a stunning blonde young woman, very tall, in a classy red coat, but not really warm enough for this cold, AND, most of all, she had a black dress or pencil skirt, a few inches above the knees, tan pantyhose, and 4" black high heels. I had to check to see if she was another CD! Fantastic shapely long legs! She was about six foot two, maybe a model i would guess. Stunning! No one dresses like that around these parts! And in this bitter cold, no hat, either. She must have been in her early 20's, and i watched her walk in those heels, across the snow, and ice, and asphalt, then stopped staring, and put my things in my car, after unfreezing my frozen car door. I see myself trying to dress, and look just a little like that stunning young lady. I have always been intimidated by such a lady, and would not know what to say to one. I am way too old, anyway. It was such a shock to see such a lady, dressed like that on such a bitter cold day, in a small blue collar town!

victoria76
01-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Sounds nice! :)

Jilmac
01-07-2015, 10:36 PM
Alice, it's just as cold where I am as it is in your town, and I know for sure that I wouldn't be going out dressed like the lady you described. If I went anywhere en femme in this weather, I would certainly be wearing women's thermal undies under a warm pair of jeans and heavy sweater.

Julogden
01-07-2015, 10:46 PM
She must have been one of us. No GG is dumb enough to dress like that in this weather. ;)

Alice Torn
01-07-2015, 10:51 PM
I heard her voice, talking to the cashier, and saw her neck and face. GG!For sure! I was imagining the frigid air on her long nyloned legs, and up her skirt. Must have felt thrilling, for a short while! I went out for a few minutes like that last winter, while staying at am empty house. It was such a shock to see a very attractive GG dressed like that, among all the bundled up folks. She must have come from her job.

BillieJoEllen
01-08-2015, 10:58 AM
About a year and a half after I started going out dressed I put on my best dress, winter coat and boots and of course I had on all the goodies and makeup a girl needs. It was calm but somewhere around -15*. We used to have a corset shop (yeah, I know I'm dating myself) that I wanted to visit that night. When I got close to the shop I saw quite a few women in there and decided not to go in so I continued walking. As I turned the corner lo and behold there was a man I worked with coming my way. I just looked down after he made eye contact with me and half a second later he looked down also. I had to believe he didn't recognize me but I was soon very nervous about going to work after the weekend. At work nothing was said and the walk around the block I had on that Friday night was great fun although the apprehension I felt all weekend just about did me in.

NicoleScott
01-08-2015, 11:30 AM
I usually wear shorts, even in winter, at home - just being comfortable. Sometimes I have to make a quick trip to Walmart and I don't bother to change into long pants. I often get asked "aren't you cold wearing shorts in this weather?", but I never hear a question like that asked of a woman wearing a dress/skirt.

Heather_Shirly
01-08-2015, 11:39 AM
- 6 here!

I have a long satin gown on and a long satin bathrobe and then a long cotton fluffy bathrobe on!

I opened the door to go get the mail and cold shot right up everything! Let's just say i felt every goose bump on my legs!

Thank goodness i work from home!

carhill2mn
01-08-2015, 12:54 PM
What a treat for you to see this lovely young woman dressed as she was. There was probably a perfectly reasonable explanation. However, it does provide a good example of why a CDer who does not want to stand out should consider what image she will be presenting.

Carolana
01-08-2015, 01:40 PM
There are many possible scenarios. You mention seeing her walk in when you were at the checkout, and then watching her walk out in the cold (shortly after, I suspect). She might have been in a warm vehicle, just passing through, and dressed for whatever, but needed one or two things and then back on her way. I would have had a hard time not staring, myself. But then I don't shop en femme. I am very attracted to the opposite sex. That might be part of why I cross dress...who knows? They don't intimidate me, they intrigue me. By the way, I make a conscious effort to not let my eyes wander when with my wife. But in that case, she would have been the first to comment. cheers.

StarrOfDelite
01-08-2015, 02:06 PM
People in clothing which seems inappropriate for the weather or the venue always attract attention. I'm guessing that Rochelle is probably not a place which has a lot of office workers who would wear the type of clothing you described, so I guess you'll have a mystery upon which to cogitate for quite a while. I would, however, be willing to bet a fair amount of money that she was not walking any farther than to a waiting automobile.

It works both ways, too. A couple of days ago, when the ambient temperature was cold, maybe 25 degrees, but not the deadly sub-zero weather which currently afflicts the Midwest and Great Lakes, I was checking out at a local dollar-type store, and just ahead of me was a man wearing a lightweight windbreaker, cargo shorts, and sneakers with low-cut socks, and no watch cap or even a baseball cap. It was so unusual for this area at this time of year that everyone was looking at him, I even noticed what he was buying, about a dozen packages of party napkins and nothing else, to see if I could spot a clue as to what sort of need would drive a person out of his home in that attire. But, really, when you think about it, there are probably only about 15-20 seconds of exposure to the cold between the store and the parking lot, and if he had an attached garage with an automatic opener practically none at home.

This person, by the way, was young but definitely not a teenager, maybe mid-twenties to early thirties, and well-built and attractive, and maybe a couple of inches taller than my five-eleven.

Beverley Sims
01-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Alice,
It was a sunny day on the Swiss ski fields but two young ladies wearing bikini tops turned a few heads, even if they were wearing safety helmets. :)

joank
01-08-2015, 03:26 PM
She was probably coming from work in De Kalb at NIU. Maybe even a secretary for a university official. Of course this is not what I saw while attending the university (in winter).

Alice Torn
01-08-2015, 04:15 PM
Starr, Yopu are probably right, and yes, she was in a newer car, which probably is very warm, not like my 1976 Dodge, with poor heater! Joank, Could be she does work at the university somewhere, or maybe really is a model. It was like PEOPLE OF WALMART opposite! Someone dressed to the nines, for an unusual change!

Sara Jessica
01-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Wake up Alice, wake up!!! You must be dreaming again! ;)

(As I can think of no other logical explanation)

Alice Torn
01-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Sarah, Too cold here for that! Good day, in California. As an American veteran, I have a right to thread or post on here, even if you think I am nuts. Are not we all nuts a bit? Be critical, and condescending. You reap what you sow girl.

Sara Jessica
01-08-2015, 07:40 PM
Alice, please lighten up. See the "emoticon" which I think is called a "winky". I was totally kidding, as in "wake up, you are having a nice dream".

Alice Torn
01-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Sara, Ok. Sorry. I apologize to you. Actually, a nice post by you. I just was too dense at the time, to get it!! I am a bit uptight right now, as my nazi brother , and a few other problems are making my life tough again. Family is living hell to me. Enjoy your nice weather. Here it is frozen in for the long term, and a lot of us here are in attitudes. Yes, that tall stunningly gorgeous girl was like a fleeting dream! Old farts like me, can just only dream!

Sara Jessica
01-08-2015, 07:58 PM
No worries, it's all good. Seriously, all I could think of when I read your description of such a seemingly out-of-place beauty is that you were dreaming and the image in my mind was as if it were one of those TV shows where the protagonist wakes up to find out it was all but a dream.

Hang in there in the cold!

Alice Torn
01-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Yes, I remember a commercial about such dreaming, and the guy wakes up to a bloke, not a lady!

Sarah L
01-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Around here, a lot of factory workers go out in cold weather with a great big heavy coat and shorts. It doesn't matter what the temperature is, there they are. This is especially true of people who work in a finish room where it can get hot, even in the dead of winter.

I think it's silly when they can wear pants over their shorts and take them off when they get to work. I wonder what they would do if their car broke down.

Then again, I go out in a skirt no matter how cold it is. I usually pay for it, as the heels of my feet aren't too well protected in tights and heels. My feet crack and are sore for a few days.

Great story,Alice. I wish I had seen her.

JenniferR771
01-10-2015, 11:27 PM
But Alice; she could have been the news reader or weather girl for the local TV station. Maybe needed an extra lipstick. It seems like they are required to wear a new cute dress every day. I love watching our local weather girls; I dream about their cute outfits and wish I could wear the same dress.

http://www.wzzm13.com/media/cinematic/video/21572355/sundays-forecast-snow-and-ice-in-midwest/

Alice Torn
01-11-2015, 12:01 AM
Jennifer, Hard to say. She was over six feet tall, pretty young. I have not seen her on any local news . Her legs were better than mine, though!

Vickie_CDTV
01-11-2015, 12:15 AM
Nicole, I have had that experience too. I always wondered, do people think GGs have some sort of immunity to the cold in their legs that men don't have? I could see it, maybe, if the GGs had hose on but that isn't common here even in winter.

People have different tolerances to the weather. Maybe the GG in question wasn't bothered by the cold, it would not have been a problem unless she broke down somewhere with no heat for a long time and was at risk of exposure.

Robin777
01-11-2015, 12:18 AM
She must have been one of us. No GG is dumb enough to dress like that in this weather. ;)

Yes GG are dumb enough to dress like that in this weather. The other day driving home from work I saw a teenage GG with a backpack wearing a short skirt,tights and a thin coat walking down the street in 10 degree weather with a 15-25 mph wind. We were having a windchill warning that day. I do not know how she got where she was going without developing frost bite. It made me even colder looking at her.