PDA

View Full Version : girly laundry

sonialexis
01-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Hi girlies,
This is mostly for the girls who are in the closet and have to hide your stash. Up until now I would throw away stuff after i'de worn them for some time namely stockings, pantyhose, tights, bras, panties...lingerie in general, mostly because i couldn't wash it but now I have some really cute nighties, stockings and tights, lots of lacy panties and bras. The lot. I still have to hide it though and washing them becomes a problem at times and I hate to throw away stuff i like. I wash my stockings and panties after I've worn them but again at times, it doesn't dry before my SO comes home and I have to hide it anyway.

I was wondering how you girls handled doing your girly laundry as some of us have collected quite a bit along the way. The dresses don't get dirty wearing them for a few hours in doors it's the intimates.

Sallee
01-09-2015, 11:53 AM
Use a laundromat

Heather_Shirly
01-09-2015, 11:56 AM
i work from home so the stuff my wife doesnt know about i wash during the day.

funny thing is i can wear all the lingerie i want i just have to hide my everyday femme clothes...

Seana Summer
01-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Laundromat is a good suggestion if you can not do it at home. Be sure to study the labels and do some homework on the proper way to launder delicates.

I have used a laundry/dry cleaning service for things I simply don't want to wash myself, including some of my male cloths! (I hate ironing)

Tanya+
01-09-2015, 12:18 PM
I always wash my guy undies in her lingerie bags, so it is no big deal if i use them to do my girl things in my usual wash, then i hang them on the line under thin T-shirts or my light cotton panama pants. I also have my SO trained not to bring my stuff in off the line because i fold off the line. My SO tolerates my underdressing but i hide it from my kids and still try and keep it out of her face.

DonnaT
01-09-2015, 03:15 PM
I do all the laundry.

Beverley Sims
01-09-2015, 04:57 PM
In the share house years ago, I did the lawns and the girls washed and ironed ALL my clothes. :)
I had the dangerous job of keeping unwanted admirers away and being body guard.

Carolana
01-09-2015, 06:25 PM
It certainly is an issue, as you say, Sonia. My stuff doesn't get washed often enough, but fortunately my wife goes away now and then. The suggestion to use a laundromat is a good one if you can pull it off. I've done it before. Can't go sorting it in front of people though.

nikki2014
01-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Share the laundry duties. Do everyone's laundry while doing yours. How do you separate yours from everyone else? Get a lingerie garment bag and throw yours stuff in there. You can easily identify your stuff because it's in a bag. Throw your panties, bra's, or lingerie in there and they get clean. Bonus is you do the other laundry and your SO would think you're awesome. Laundry bag can be bought at Wal-Mart for a few buck's. Well worth it!!! Hope this helps. Nikki.

Kandi Robbins
01-09-2015, 06:58 PM
Before I told my wife, as long as she was going to be gone for at least an hour, you can get a load washed and dried. Lingerie tends to dry pretty quickly.

Sometimes Steffi
01-09-2015, 10:17 PM
Use a laundromat

When we first bought a house and couldn't afford a washer and dryer, I did my laundry and my wife's at the laundromat.

I take stockings, lay them out on a towel, and roll it up and stick it in my closet.

Brenda456
01-09-2015, 11:37 PM
I used to do my laundry when the wife was out of town. Now that she knows, it all gets,washed together.

Robin777
01-09-2015, 11:57 PM
I also do all the laundry now. I don't have to hide anything since my wife has known since before we were married. If she didn't know it would be a great way of hiding it. My wife hates dragging it down the stairs so I took over the duties. I get to wash my stuff the way I want it washed.

Nancy Sue
01-10-2015, 01:14 AM
My wife washed red things with my formerly white, now pink, clothes, and ruined many things. Much of the rest she burnt up in the dryer, so it shrank, got hard, and was ruined)\. So I do mine, she does hers. That makes it easier. Especially if you start yours an hour before bed, and can take it out of the drier after she is out. Another option for lingerie is Woolite (or some other brand) in the bathroom sink. I keep a bottle in the back under my sink, and when there are just a few items I need washed - add one capful to about a gallon of warm water in the sink. Start it when I go in, swish it around, use the Jennie, rinse it a little as you shave. Having the news on the radio covers any sounds. Drying is quick - roll it in a towel, sit on it on the closed toilet seat - the towel soaks up most of the water and it comes out barely damp. Holding it up to the ceiling heater helps the rest dry, but it is often dry enough to put it wherever you want to put it, including putting it on.

DanaR
01-10-2015, 01:52 AM
Your wife will appreciate you helping with the wash.

Andrea_cd
01-10-2015, 10:40 AM
I wash my lingerie and dresses with my wifes clothes and hang them out , or she washes them if she is doing a load

CarlaWestin
01-10-2015, 10:49 AM
I just launder all my nice things with my other clothes.
Besides, the housekeeper does it all.

Krisi
01-12-2015, 08:50 AM
I certainly wouldn't throw away my clothes because they need to be washed. If you can't find a way to wash and dry them at home, take them to the laundromat. Or a friend's house.

Megan Nicole
01-12-2015, 09:31 AM
I also use the laundry bags so I don't get any of my items mixed up, or left behind. I've always helped with the laundry & in some cases will do it all from week to week. But, I have to wait till the coast is clear before I attempt to wash my gilr things.

meg

DorothyElizabeth
01-12-2015, 02:22 PM
The advantage of being single: You can do your own laundry. :)
The disadvantage of being single: You have to do your own laundry. :eek:

BLUE ORCHID
01-12-2015, 08:59 PM
Hi Alexis, I do all of the laundry, Not a problem. :daydreaming:

Adriana
01-12-2015, 09:12 PM
I do the laundry, but my wife knows about my dressing. Though the kids don't so i have to make things blend...:)

Mollyanne
01-13-2015, 05:08 AM
I used to hide my laundry but now I do ALL the laundry so I don't hide it. BTW, when washing your hosiery, put them in a lingerie bag, hang your bras up to dry because heat from the dryer will damage the elastic in the bra. Also use low heat ALWAYS!!!!!!!

Molly

erickka
01-13-2015, 06:06 AM
My wife works most weekends, and I do all of the laundry anyway, so no problem here!

Jackie7
01-13-2015, 09:11 AM
In my first marriage we each did our own laundry, she was always afraid I'd put something elastic in the dryer on high and I was always afraid she would wash something red with the whites. After I came out, we made sure to do it on different days, then when she declared that all my girly stuff had to go, away it all went -- and away I went along with it.

in my second and much happier marriage, my sweetie does all the laundry, including hand-washing all of our delicates. then I fold it all and stow it away, hers in her drawers and mine in my drawers. she has taught me how to fold and keep drawers neat instead of my previously customary jumble of wrinkled rags. Proves you can teach an old dog a new trick or two! I also discovered that folding and stowing is the best time to discover tatty and worn stuff, and to toss it instead.

Leelou
01-13-2015, 04:23 PM
I just launder all my nice things with my other clothes.
Besides, the housekeeper does it all.
What a great pic, Carla!

And to the OP, yes, get thee to a laundromat! It makes me sad to think of you throwing away your cute clothes just cuz they need washed :(